12:13, Sat 12 Jan
Leicester use to be ruddy awful in the sixties; Filbert Street.
12:58, Sat 12 Jan
That first season down in the 3rd division was a bit mad. Other than Blackpool we only used to take about 500 away but all the local nutters would be out for us.

A few days after Blackpool we had West Ham away in a midweek league cup game and me and my mate were politely taken to one side down an alley by a few nutters demanding to know where all the Zulus were. How I got out of that one alive I'll never know.

We then had a midweek away game at Swansea with only around 200 Blues again and remember their nutters casually walking round the stationary traffic afterwards looking for garage stickers on the car windows and then belting anyone inside. I think Stechford Autos confused them!

The other memorable game was Bolton away which was mayhem from the moment we arrived on the train at 12.00. Walked into the first pub which refused to serve our group and were chased out by Bolton fans with blades. That was a long day. Of course the following year the away game was a meaningless fixture towards the end of the season but word had got round and the kick off was changed to 12.00 Sunday and 3k Blues turned up for payback.

Happy days.

Our reputation has bit us on our ass a few times down the years 😂
13:03, Sat 12 Jan
brierleyblue
That first season down in the 3rd division was a bit mad. Other than Blackpool we only used to take about 500 away but all the local nutters would be out for us.

A few days after Blackpool we had West Ham away in a midweek league cup game and me and my mate were politely taken to one side down an alley by a few nutters demanding to know where all the Zulus were. How I got out of that one alive I'll never know.

We then had a midweek away game at Swansea with only around 200 Blues again and remember their nutters casually walking round the stationary traffic afterwards looking for garage stickers on the car windows and then belting anyone inside. I think Stechford Autos confused them!

The other memorable game was Bolton away which was mayhem from the moment we arrived on the train at 12.00. Walked into the first pub which refused to serve our group and were chased out by Bolton fans with blades. That was a long day. Of course the following year the away game was a meaningless fixture towards the end of the season but word had got round and the kick off was changed to 12.00 Sunday and 3k Blues turned up for payback.

Happy days.

That payback day even had blues fans offering our group out, for some reason it took a while for them to work out we was blues, great days.
17:49, Sat 12 Jan
I remember the graffiti on there ground, "zulus can you run"
17:53, Sat 12 Jan

Can remember "cuckoos kill zulus" painted on the away end as well.
DES
18:25, Sun 13 Jan
Intimidating grounds, back in the day she’d loads
Wolves
Cardiff
West Ham
Spurs
Chelsea ( POSS worst)
Man citeh
United

Never VP we have had it over them since day dot!
Kro
18:35, Sun 13 Jan
DES
The only time I thought it slightly intimidating was after the 1st match in the Prem at their place (night match) on the way back to the car with 4 kids entow.
19:25, Sun 13 Jan
1 Banana
The only time I thought it slightly intimidating was after the 1st match in the Prem at their place (night match) on the way back to the car with 4 kids entow.

Some night that was, waiting to get in and loads of missiles coming over a brick just missed me and I think a coin hit a elderly woman inside the ground.I

Great night thou.
19:32, Sun 13 Jan
They throw coins well. The poncey pricks
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
20:07, Sun 13 Jan
mainly late 80 early 90s old grounds
cardiff
swansea my mate 021 on his sign written van
middlesboro
bristol c
millwall
west ham
chelsea
mansfield

remember the west ham night at ours after blackpool away think was league cup game and sure west ham were in the main stand upper they looked totally lost wandering around the back of garrision lane at 10.50 at night with loads zulus searching for them
20:15, Sun 13 Jan
bluemike
1 Banana

Some night that was, waiting to get in and loads of missiles coming over a brick just missed me and I think a coin hit a elderly woman inside the ground.I

Great night thou.

After such an emphatic surprising win I told the kids to wipe the smile off their faces until we got back to the car. All jackets zipped up to cover their colours.

That moment we all got into the safety of our car, we all just looked at each other and pissed ourselves laughing. A great night indeed.

The old bill allowed free access around the ground that night. Walking past The Hilti End having to
Dodge the missiles as they assumed anybody walking back towards the underpass was Blues.
20:25, Sun 13 Jan
We ended up in the Brasshouse and a few vile fans in there, they soon effed off thou.

For me to do that on a Monday night ( go to town on a Monday ) shows how good it was.
20:32, Sun 13 Jan
bluemike
We ended up in the Brasshouse and a few vile fans in there, they soon effed off thou.

For me to do that on a Monday night ( go to town on a Monday ) shows how good it was.

We headed back to St Andrews Tavern and had a beer with the lad who gave Enkleman the W**k*r sign in the 1st match at our place. He watched it with his old fella in there due to his ban.

He got sent down for that gesture FFS and nonchalantly touching his face cheek.
05:57, Mon 14 Jan

Can remember "cuckoos kill zulus" painted on the away end as well.
Cuckoo boys kill Zulus and also Billy Whizz Fan Club.

Do you remember the flyers passed around the Kop, imploring everyone to turn out at Bolton?
DES
VILLA WAS ABSOLUTELY TOP DRAWER,
Kro
09:19, Mon 14 Jan
Bristol City - adrenalin pumping stuff, the locals are the result of generations of farm workers interbreeding.