10:26, Sat 9 Feb
Sheff Utd were briefly top last night and even before their capitulation they didn't look anything more than decent. The collapse was spectacularly bad, as bad as you'll see. Leeds and Norwich have both had poor spells and no one us steam rolling the league. Aside from Wolves who effectively cheated the system, last season's promoted teams are in the relegation spots, with Fulham being practically down.

Now, the entertain value is fantastic but I don't look at any of the top three thinking they have a chance of surviving in the prem. Is the financial chasm finally becoming too great?
11:06, Sat 9 Feb
People always say this. The reality is quality continues to go up, though relative to the premiership the gap may be bigger. However, has it ever been the case that all three promoted teams have been relegated? It’s much more like one a year I’d guess, as promoted teams maintain momentum for at least a year, usually.

Last year Wolves were an exception, but they were spending on Premiership levels (and more). Besides, i’ve seen Norwich and Leeds play extremely well this year and in the first half hour I saw last night the blades were excellent.
11:31, Sat 9 Feb
This.

The fact that the promotion race is so close and mid-table is so tight is down to how competitive the league is, not quality. A lot of Championship clubs, including Blues, have players who could be playing topflight football elsewhere in Europe.
11:43, Sat 9 Feb
Istanblue
This.

The fact that the promotion race is so close and mid-table is so tight is down to how competitive the league is, not quality. A lot of Championship clubs, including Blues, have players who could be playing topflight football elsewhere in Europe.

Agreed. Pedersen, Colin, Jota, Maghoma and Adams at least would all be playing top flight football any other country in Europe.
December 7 2018, about vile:
TrevorFr​ancisTrackSuits
I'd be surprised if they lose another game this season
11:53, Sat 9 Feb
Not sure about Mags and Colin.

Look at where some of our transfers have come from though. Kieftenbeld was captain at a half-decent Dutch side. Kerim Frei might not have done much (to be fair, give anyone 11 games under Zola and they'll struggle), but he came in as a player who had been a first-teamer at Beşiktaş before losing favour. He's now back in Turkey topping the table with Başakşehir. N'Doye came in from the French top flight and was a total flop. The Championship is full of players coming in from decent leagues, they're just no match for the English Premier League.
12:02, Sat 9 Feb
Think you’re right to a degree but what’s noticeable this season is that consistency isn’t there from the top teams. Last year Wolves led throughout but Cardiff and Fulham were also incredibly consistent without the same resources as Wolves. Think we’ve already had six different leaders of the Championship this year. Sometimes Leeds, Norwich etc look very good and other times they’re awful. Does make things interesting though.
mad
12:08, Sat 9 Feb
You'd expect now Baggies and Stoke to go on a run. Stoke are way too far behind but I think WBA will go on some sort of run but only just sneak it on goal difference or something. WBA are about as ordinary as were when we got promoted under Mcleish 2008. Boro are about as dull as we were too. WBA and Boro plus Norwich via the play offs for me. If Sheff Utd reach the promised land they will get nigh-on zero points next season
12:14, Sat 9 Feb
mad
I think Hull might be a side that makes a late run into the play offs.

It’s another thing people also say - that a team will get no points. Cardiff are putting up a battle and I don’t think they were any better than Sheffield U. Probably worse. Plus Fulham were only consistent second hall of the season. They were also rams fo4 a long time. Even so, most would have backed them to do better than Cardill in the Premier.
12:19, Sat 9 Feb
Not sure about Pedersen either, he allows opposition wingers, get far too many crosses in !
12:44, Sat 9 Feb
mad
I actually think the baggies are going to drop like a stone and Big Dave will get his marching orders by Easter.
14:43, Sat 9 Feb
No. I’d say the standard/quality keeps going up.
21:32, Sat 9 Feb
The ordinariness of all the teams is actually making this a great season virtually every team has something to play for. Hopefully our owners can sort out ffp so we can pysh on in the summer.
23:01, Sat 9 Feb
I actually think the baggies are going to drop like a stone and Big Dave will get his marching orders by Easter.

Interesting that and I think a lot of Boggies would agree. Think they're in with a great shout me.
23:04, Sat 9 Feb
cracking team and cracking away kit. best in the league that away kit.
23:12, Sat 9 Feb
When you look at the move for Blues 4th goal today I can't think the standard has dropped too much if at all. Des is still standing open mouthed at Loftus Road.
23:16, Sat 9 Feb
I just feel confused tonight.
Even though we won. Having lost our 4-0 lead, I feel like we lost.
Then them lot over in little aston snatch a draw last night and I feel like they won.😨
23:20, Sat 9 Feb
you are mentally unstable and need to get help.
23:48, Sat 9 Feb
I think I do🤒
16:41, Mon 11 Feb
Come on Lads .... the standard in The Championship has improved tremendously . How else can it be explained that the biggest club ever to have graced it are languishing half way down it ...Why , they're even below The Blues !
Southside Blue , not only keeping the blues alive but also singlehandedly saving the British Manufacturing Industry .
bluer than blues
Sheff Utd were briefly top last night and even before their capitulation they didn't look anything more than decent.

They were outstanding for 82 mins?

Villa then get a consolation and the game should end 3-1 . IF the keeper doesn't fluff the 2nd one there is no comeback!