07:03, Mon 11 Feb
Maybe its to do with the appeals process, we can appeal and it will drag on meaning a points deduction next season.
07:45, Mon 11 Feb
Surely that means take the hit this season because if we have -12 next season with only Vassepl we will struggpe
07:54, Mon 11 Feb
If we only have one player the points deduction will be irrelevant.
09:29, Mon 11 Feb
The owner of Shefield Wednesday sums up the EFL and it’s ineptitude very well.
09:34, Mon 11 Feb
IF we did manage to sneak into the play offs this season, then won the bloody thing, how would being in the Premier league(run by the FA) be able to deduct us points owed to the Championship(Run by the EFL)?
It's easier to beg for forgiveness, than ask for permission.
09:39, Mon 11 Feb
I think its fairly safe to assume that the points will be deducted before the play offs take place.
09:58, Mon 11 Feb
Slightly Turbid
I think its fairly safe to assume that the points will be deducted before the play offs take place.

But why are people talking about this season or next season?
It's easier to beg for forgiveness, than ask for permission.
10:00, Mon 11 Feb
John_Smullen
Slightly Turbid

But why are people talking about this season or next season?

A point I raise a little bit higher up the thread. Think the main argument is that the final decision could get delayed by legal claims and appeals, this seems unlikely though.
10:14, Mon 11 Feb
Slightly Turbid
A point I raise a little bit higher up the thread. Think the main argument is that the final decision could get delayed by legal claims and appeals, this seems unlikely though.

Coming late to the thread - but I would say that IF they try to do us 12 points in one go it would be quite conceivable that we would appeal.

I think it's more likely that negotiations will have taken place to establish a punishment we would accept without appeal - because the EFL isn't going to want an appeal. And in reality that probably wouldn't suit us either. It needs to get sorted because there will be more clubs coming along and needing punishing soon enough, and the precedent needs to be established.

I'm sick of the whole thing and just want it sorted, but I find it hard to believe they will do us 12 points - that would be draconian. We'll see though.
10:22, Mon 11 Feb
Spike
Slightly Turbid

Coming late to the thread - but I would say that IF they try to do us 12 points in one go it would be quite conceivable that we would appeal.

I think it's more likely that negotiations will have taken place to establish a punishment we would accept without appeal - because the EFL isn't going to want an appeal. And in reality that probably wouldn't suit us either. It needs to get sorted because there will be more clubs coming along and needing punishing soon enough, and the precedent needs to be established.

I'm sick of the whole thing and just want it sorted, but I find it hard to believe they will do us 12 points - that would be draconian. We'll see though.

I tend to agree with all that. All parties need it resolving. Maybe the club have fought hard already but are willing to accept 12 points now given that it shouldn't have an impact. If they appealed we may remain under an embargo or be in a position where we are trying to sign players in the summer for a team starting 12 points behind everyone else. Unless the appeal is a gamble on us getting up through the play offs which would be courageous.
11:12, Mon 11 Feb
3 points is as bad as 12 if it kills the chances of the play offs.
11:18, Mon 11 Feb
If you offered me our punishment being three points now, I'd bite your feckin hand off!.....But it won't be. Nine is my guess. Six for P&S and 3 for Pedersen.
11:25, Mon 11 Feb
This thread is beginning to mirror the Brexit Project Fear threads.

Nobody knows. There are no punishment rules in writing. Three men (Lawyers) are going to thrash it out and come up with a punishment that suits the crime.

That’s it.
Jim
11:27, Mon 11 Feb
Three men (Lawyers) are going to thrash it out and come up with a punishment that suits the crime.

That’s it.

Not exactly. Three people form the Commission that meets and either accepts or adjusts the 'punishment' demanded by the officers of the Football League.
11:33, Mon 11 Feb
Jim
Jim
Three men (Lawyers) are going to thrash it out and come up with a punishment that suits the crime.

That’s it.

Not exactly. Three people form the Commission that meets and either accepts or adjusts the 'punishment' demanded by the officers of the Football League.

Like he said its like Project Fear, you remember little parts of what is happening and dismiss the whole picture.
Revere me.