12:40, Tue 12 Feb
That has to be the case. Whatever we are hit with, it surely, legally, has to be shown how it was worked out.
I'll accept it then and we can move on knowing the agenda moving forwards for all.
12:40, Tue 12 Feb
Jim
On a slightly different note.

I don't know much about Rugby League - but they seem to have a better idea of the basic difference between their arses and their elbows.

I saw the other week that Wigan - who are historically the biggest noise in Rugby League and the current champions, were found to have overspent the salary cap by £14000 I think...and they were deducted two points with no messing.

It is possible - and indeed desirable, to have a framework which everyone works to. The people running the EFL just don't appear to have a bleeding clue how to go about it.

Again as I have said many times before, the fact that the framework wasn't set up prior to breeches being committed and punishments needing to be handed out....is the biggest farce of all. Because that would have avoided this half-arsed, making it up as they go along and floating it through the media to gauge what they will be able to get away with that the EFL is blundering its way through now.
12:41, Tue 12 Feb
Spike
Redditch Blue
Heard that yes. However, given the knowledge that other clubs have complained about us to the EFL, then it's totally in the league's interest to say 'look, we've listened to and you and asked for 12, etc'.

If it's true that other clubs demanded that we be beaten with sticks, and if it's true that 12 points is the recommendation and the precedent going forward, I would imagine there are plenty of clubs now all over their pants and wishing they had kept their gobs shut.

Because this WILL be coming for other clubs.

And the first club that doesn't get the same punishment as whatever we end up getting, the EFL WILL get sued by Blues.

It won't be coming for other clubs, absolutely no chance.

It'll be hidden behind the Pedersen thing.

In fact, make it £200 if villa get punished like this, there is absolutely now way they haven't failed FFP to a greater extent than us.

It boils my piss to think it's been increased because they don't like the people they're dealing with at the club. The EFL are a joke, Shaun Harvey is a joke and a gangster businessman who couldn't run a raffle.

He's sent three clubs to the wall and this bald effing prick has the right to tell us what money we can spend?

He's effed up the Checkatrade Trophy, put cup draws on in Thailand at 3am and has been pushing for B Teams to ruin the credibility of his competition.

I hope he steps on Lego every day for the rest of his life.

Up the effing Blues.
We deserve our club back

H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"
12:47, Tue 12 Feb
It boils my piss you're mad at the EFL and Shaun Harvey and not the effers who got us into this mess in the first place.

The fact that no one seems to have grasped that this club is being effed over from this inside sometimes makes me think we deserve every bit of shit we get.
12:47, Tue 12 Feb
That's a fine rant, and I particularly enjoyed the stepping on Lego thing.

Good lad.
12:50, Tue 12 Feb
Whilst I agree, I think having this drag and drag is a little unfair on the fans more than anything. Don't let us dream and then rip the rug out. Wait until the end of the season and apply it next year or something.

Saying that, there could be a specific reason you've made reference to and I've missed.
It's like my dad always said: eventually, everybody gets shot.
12:51, Tue 12 Feb
Tresor
Whilst I agree, I think having this drag and drag is a little unfair on the fans more than anything. Don't let us dream and then rip the rug out. Wait until the end of the season and apply it next year or something.

Saying that, there could be a specific reason you've made reference to and I've missed.

There is - Blues asked for a delay until February. I believe it is what Garry Monk wanted.
12:54, Tue 12 Feb
If it was at Monk's behest then hopefully he will have prepared the team so that any possible deduction doesn't take the wind from our sails. I'm still hopeful it will be just 5 or 6 points, maybe with another 6 suspended.
12:54, Tue 12 Feb
The two things aren't exclusive though.

One can accept that the running of our club has been a farce, overseen by idiots, for some considerable time now.

Whilst still not being able to avoid the conclusion that the same could be said about Shaun Harvey and the EFL.

There's no need for any piss boiling.
12:55, Tue 12 Feb
Spike

One can accept that the running of our club has been a farce, overseen by idiots, for some considerable time now.

Whilst still not being able to avoid the conclusion that the same could be said about Shaun Harvey and the EFL.

Fair, I just think people are concentrating their ire at the EFL (whose skirts are nothing like clean) when we've got a good selection of incompetent duffers too.
12:56, Tue 12 Feb
El Mayor
Tresor

There is - Blues asked for a delay until February. I believe it is what Garry Monk wanted.

You can't say you don't deliver. Carry on.
It's like my dad always said: eventually, everybody gets shot.
12:59, Tue 12 Feb
Laughed out loud at work at the bald prick bit.
Jim
13:00, Tue 12 Feb
If Garry Monk was, as suggested, allowed to set the timescale for this whole fiasco, surely that is further reason to criticise the buffoons at League HQ?

In what other sort of disciplinary system is 'the accused' allowed to take control in such a manner?

I strongly suspect that Uncle Shaun and Co were happy to oblige so as to give themselves more thinking time about how they were going to handle things, making it up as they stumble along.
13:05, Tue 12 Feb
Jim
Jim
If Garry Monk was, as suggested, allowed to set the timescale for this whole fiasco, surely that is further reason to criticise the buffoons at League HQ?

In what other sort of disciplinary system is 'the accused' allowed to take control in such a manner?

I strongly suspect that Uncle Shaun and Co were happy to oblige so as to give themselves more thinking time about how they were going to handle things, making it up as they stumble along.

you confuse "set the timescale" with "make a request"

One implies Blues said it will be done on x, the other can it be done on x

Two very different situs.

Thing is, as Dick Cheney said, there are known unknowns and unknown unknowns. I suspect there are quite a few things we don't know that we don't know, and I really do think we should be careful not to go off on one when we barely know any of the story.
13:06, Tue 12 Feb
El Mayor
It boils my piss you're mad at the EFL and Shaun Harvey and not the effers who got us into this mess in the first place.

The fact that no one seems to have grasped that this club is being effed over from this inside sometimes makes me think we deserve every bit of shit we get.

Ok then I'm pissed off with you for not being pissed off with the EFL and Shaun Harvey.

No single party is innocent here.

Obviously Blues have effed about, the ownership stinks but I won't knock them for trying to spend money to back our manager- after years of being absolutely skint- even if it is to wash money.

Do you not think the EFL have anything wrong?
We deserve our club back

H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"
13:07, Tue 12 Feb
Spike

Exactly. I said all summer Blues at board level are a shit show - hence I wasn't bothered about revelling in Villa's woes (old ground I know) - so for the record I totally see how we've brought this on ourselves. That's abundantly obvious to anyone with a brain cell.
The EFL, though, are jokers who are making it up as they go along. I'll be happily proved wrong if I see a breakdown of how they've reached their sanction decision, but I know that day will not come.
13:08, Tue 12 Feb
Jim
Seemingly signing Pedersen is the worst thing that we could have done in the eyes of the EFL.

They ratified the transfer, they approved his registration and allowed us to play him.

They could have said no, and forced us to move him on.

The EFL and Shaun 'I'm CEO of LUFC but I don't know who owns us' Harvey can go fcuk themselves.
Chelè
El Mayor

Ok then I'm pissed off with you for not being pissed off with the EFL and Shaun Harvey.

No single party is innocent here.

Obviously Blues have effed about, the ownership stinks but I won't knock them for trying to spend money to back our manager- after years of being absolutely skint- even if it is to wash money.

Do you not think the EFL have anything wrong?

Did you not see my reply to Spike before you went on one there H?

In fact, have you not seen me criticise continually over the past few months their lack of transparency in this whole process?
Jim
I reserve the right to 'go off on one' about what we believe we know, taken from what is out there.

I'm not sure how anyone could believe this has been handled professionally or equitably from the start.
13:13, Tue 12 Feb
Chelè
Spike
Redditch Blue
Heard that yes. However, given the knowledge that other clubs have complained about us to the EFL, then it's totally in the league's interest to say 'look, we've listened to and you and asked for 12, etc'.

If it's true that other clubs demanded that we be beaten with sticks, and if it's true that 12 points is the recommendation and the precedent going forward, I would imagine there are plenty of clubs now all over their pants and wishing they had kept their gobs shut.

Because this WILL be coming for other clubs.

And the first club that doesn't get the same punishment as whatever we end up getting, the EFL WILL get sued by Blues.

It won't be coming for other clubs, absolutely no chance.

It'll be hidden behind the Pedersen thing.

In fact, make it £200 if villa get punished like this, there is absolutely now way they haven't failed FFP to a greater extent than us.

It boils my piss to think it's been increased because they don't like the people they're dealing with at the club. The EFL are a joke, Shaun Harvey is a joke and a gangster businessman who couldn't run a raffle.

He's sent three clubs to the wall and this bald effing prick has the right to tell us what money we can spend?

He's effed up the Checkatrade Trophy, put cup draws on in Thailand at 3am and has been pushing for B Teams to ruin the credibility of his competition.

I hope he steps on Lego every day for the rest of his life.

Up the effing Blues.

👏👏👍