12:06, Tue 12 Feb
I don't think anyone was removed from their positions were they? They resigned I believe. In which case, that looks worse for us.
12:07, Tue 12 Feb
Agree. Your £100 is safe.
12:16, Tue 12 Feb
As I have said, often. I get why they were annoyed. I get the notion of an aggravated offence.

To some extent it will depend what the points split is between the offence of breeching the regs and the aggravating factor.

What they can't do is just act like spoiled kids and spank us for the sake of spanking us because we have put their nose out of joint. if this is the matrix going forward then fine, other clubs will know what they are in for. there will also have to be a proper definition of what constitutes an aggravating factor.

We'll see what happens. As I said before, I will be surprised if 12 points gets levied and upheld.

This smells (again) of the notion being floated in the media to see what the reaction is, which the EFL have done before, and still makes them look like unprofessional tossers.
12:17, Tue 12 Feb
I am certain in my opinion that you're correct with your final sentence there.
Mayor and others have said on many occasions how the EFL will not comment on things until this is done etc, etc, and won't confirm a hearing date. I don't doubt that reporting to be true.
In reality though, loads has found its way into the media which is not right. The club have, albeit of their own making, some right to be pissed off with the EFL too.
12:20, Tue 12 Feb
Burlington Bertie
We signed a player, Pedersen, whilst under embargo, apparently. That is the thing that you say really gives them a hard on for us. Well, given that senior administrators at the club were removed from their positions, does that not open up the possibility that they were ultimately responsible for any failing in governance. Dong Ren didn't do the day to day admin did he? He wouldn't have a dog and bark himself.

We overspent, I think being critical of naivety is fair, but there seems to a lot of good going on at the club too.

One question? With new investment, if there are deals for sponsorship etc. must they be announced through HKSE?

I would offer that maybe the SMT went BECAUSE Ren did it himself.
12:20, Tue 12 Feb
Redditch Blue
Heard that yes. However, given the knowledge that other clubs have complained about us to the EFL, then it's totally in the league's interest to say 'look, we've listened to and you and asked for 12, etc'.

If it's true that other clubs demanded that we be beaten with sticks, and if it's true that 12 points is the recommendation and the precedent going forward, I would imagine there are plenty of clubs now all over their pants and wishing they had kept their gobs shut.

Because this WILL be coming for other clubs.

And the first club that doesn't get the same punishment as whatever we end up getting, the EFL WILL get sued by Blues.
12:21, Tue 12 Feb
Roland_Weary
Do you know which firm is representing us?

Believe I've mentioned it before, Mishcon de Reya.

They're good, as I know from personal experience.
12:24, Tue 12 Feb
I listened to the Tilton talk show last night and Davo was on there with Claire Boden

They were talking about all the good stuff happening at the club at the moment with the community

Claire was full of praise for the board and sounds as if they are more in contact day to day than we think.
Jim
12:28, Tue 12 Feb
If Pedersen was signed after an explicit banning order was put in place, the only fair and proper punishment would have been not to allow his registration to play League football for Blues.

He could have been sold on, or released from his contract at that stage without damage to his personal reputation or career.

As for the notion of increasing the penalty demand from 9 points to 12 points simply because someone at Blues upset Uncle Shaun and his cronies at some point this winter (did Ren forget to give them their customary Christmas tip, perhaps?), this would be outrageously unprofessional and totally beyond the bounds of any kind of natural justice.

If nothing else comes out of all this fiasco, surely the clubs that make up the Football League will take a serious look at the people they are paying (handsomely) to make such a dog's breakfast of everything.
12:37, Tue 12 Feb
The good news is that we can wear the 12 points and not have the threat of relegation.

The same can’t be said for over half of the championship.
If it is to be 12 then the EFL need to be transparent in what each violation stands for as regards points.
Ie.How many for overspending and how many for signing Pederson.
12:40, Tue 12 Feb
That has to be the case. Whatever we are hit with, it surely, legally, has to be shown how it was worked out.
I'll accept it then and we can move on knowing the agenda moving forwards for all.
12:40, Tue 12 Feb
Jim
On a slightly different note.

I don't know much about Rugby League - but they seem to have a better idea of the basic difference between their arses and their elbows.

I saw the other week that Wigan - who are historically the biggest noise in Rugby League and the current champions, were found to have overspent the salary cap by £14000 I think...and they were deducted two points with no messing.

It is possible - and indeed desirable, to have a framework which everyone works to. The people running the EFL just don't appear to have a bleeding clue how to go about it.

Again as I have said many times before, the fact that the framework wasn't set up prior to breeches being committed and punishments needing to be handed out....is the biggest farce of all. Because that would have avoided this half-arsed, making it up as they go along and floating it through the media to gauge what they will be able to get away with that the EFL is blundering its way through now.
12:41, Tue 12 Feb
Spike
Redditch Blue
Heard that yes. However, given the knowledge that other clubs have complained about us to the EFL, then it's totally in the league's interest to say 'look, we've listened to and you and asked for 12, etc'.

If it's true that other clubs demanded that we be beaten with sticks, and if it's true that 12 points is the recommendation and the precedent going forward, I would imagine there are plenty of clubs now all over their pants and wishing they had kept their gobs shut.

Because this WILL be coming for other clubs.

And the first club that doesn't get the same punishment as whatever we end up getting, the EFL WILL get sued by Blues.

It won't be coming for other clubs, absolutely no chance.

It'll be hidden behind the Pedersen thing.

In fact, make it £200 if villa get punished like this, there is absolutely now way they haven't failed FFP to a greater extent than us.

It boils my piss to think it's been increased because they don't like the people they're dealing with at the club. The EFL are a joke, Shaun Harvey is a joke and a gangster businessman who couldn't run a raffle.

He's sent three clubs to the wall and this bald effing prick has the right to tell us what money we can spend?

He's effed up the Checkatrade Trophy, put cup draws on in Thailand at 3am and has been pushing for B Teams to ruin the credibility of his competition.

I hope he steps on Lego every day for the rest of his life.

Up the effing Blues.
We deserve our club back

H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"
12:47, Tue 12 Feb
It boils my piss you're mad at the EFL and Shaun Harvey and not the effers who got us into this mess in the first place.

The fact that no one seems to have grasped that this club is being effed over from this inside sometimes makes me think we deserve every bit of shit we get.
12:47, Tue 12 Feb
That's a fine rant, and I particularly enjoyed the stepping on Lego thing.

Good lad.