17:50, Sat 9 Feb
Take the e f l to court drag it out then we get promoted then feck em
17:52, Sat 9 Feb
What did the 10 other teams do to turn their P&S situation round so quickly? Presume some are no longer in the championship, e.g. Wolves, but is the rest just down to smart accounting as don’t remember a mass fire sale of players from the Championship in June
17:52, Sat 9 Feb
Well it's less than I thought it was but still 4 teams being deducted 12 points is an absolute nonsense and makes a mockery of the competition.
17:53, Sat 9 Feb
brummiestu87
El Mayor
Petebaldwin
I can't see how this won't just continue year on year until we get the 2017/18 season off our 3 year count.

Said this before, but we're assessed on a SINGLE year this season...

It's easily possible we're still over limits this season.

Dan, didn't realise we're being assessed over a single year. What's the limits for this year? Presume up to 13m?

If we stay under that limit this season, is the slate clean come the summer?

£13mil and yes.
17:54, Sat 9 Feb
Waggeh
Well it's less than I thought it was but still 4 teams being deducted 12 points is an absolute nonsense and makes a mockery of the competition.

No mate, ONE team being deducted it.

US.
17:54, Sat 9 Feb
Annoying 1st time in years were doing well and boom
17:55, Sat 9 Feb
Rags
Waggeh
B13blues
Don't care if it's 12 just as long as others get punished the same. Wasn't expecting this season to be like this anyway so it's a free hit imo.

It'll be absolutely farcical seeing half the club's in the Championship with upto 12 points deducted evrey season. I really hope this isn't true.

They won't be though, this is what people are not grasping.

15 teams were failing in May last year but by July it was 4.

Most teams sorted their shit out. We either stuck our fingers in our ears and went la la la we're not listening or tried to sign players.

THAT is why we are being punished so harshly.

Do you reckon we've actually had TWO lots of point deductions ... say 8 points for FFP and an additional 4 points for the Pedersen thing ?

What i don't understand is ... once this is over, if we stick strictly to the restrictions they set on transfers. loans and wages then surely we can't be deducted points again

Yeah, I think it's split for two offences.

Trouble is Rags, Blues spend way too much money - and then told them the club were going to bring in fresh income and then didn't.
If there are a few teams that fail it's like giving the EFL the power to promote and relegate teams every year. That would be feckin shite.
While this points deduction will really sting its best to take it this season as we will still be safe, if we appeal it and lose we will be starting off on minus points next season which would make it mentally more tough to fight relegation, I’d rather we just take it this season and move on.
17:56, Sat 9 Feb
Serious question
Will we have our lawyers out in force trying to save our bacon or will the clubs owners just sit on there hands and take it? As I’ve not a heard a thing from our club saying they are going to fight this.

So frustrating but I wouldn’t mind putting up a bit of a fight.
Mario kempes 78
Serious question
Will we have our lawyers out in force trying to save our bacon or will the clubs owners just sit on there hands and take it? As I’ve not a heard a thing from our club saying they are going to fight this.

So frustrating but I wouldn’t mind putting up a bit of a fight.

We've had Mishcon de Reya on it for four months mate.

We've fought and it looks like we've lost.
El Mayor
brummiestu87
El Mayor
Petebaldwin
I can't see how this won't just continue year on year until we get the 2017/18 season off our 3 year count.

Dan, didn't realise we're being assessed over a single year. What's the limits for this year? Presume up to 13m?

£13mil and yes.

Slate clean as in 39m allowed again?
17:57, Sat 9 Feb
brummiestu87
El Mayor
brummiestu87
El Mayor
Petebaldwin

£13mil and yes.

Um, I think we'll be assessed yearly for another year at least.

If they assessed us on 39mil again we'd be in danger of being punished again for 2017/18
18:00, Sat 9 Feb
Bring it on i say .. since my old man took me down in ‘73 there’s been a pattern ... bit millwawish shall we say .. everyone hates us so we stick together get stronger and come back fighting

🖕🏻 the efl
18:01, Sat 9 Feb
Mid season seems really odd as can effect potential relegation/promotion.
18:01, Sat 9 Feb
El Mayor
brummiestu87
El Mayor
brummiestu87
El Mayor
Petebaldwin

£13mil and yes.

Um, I think we'll be assessed yearly for another year at least.

If they assessed us on 39mil again we'd be in danger of being punished again for 2017/18

Argh with you now.
In effect we'd probably only be allowed to lose 13m for the next 3 season's, rather than 39m in one go I.e. go for it in the summer and hope for the best again?
18:04, Sat 9 Feb
A felon gets put behind bars once for a crime, we are the felon that keeps on giving.
18:09, Sat 9 Feb
tool
Bring it on i say .. since my old man took me down in ‘73 there’s been a pattern ... bit millwawish shall we say .. everyone hates us so we stick together get stronger and come back fighting

🖕🏻 the efl

I know, by and large, we’re a hardy bunch and the lean times we’ve gotten through overs the years has made us what we are. While a points deduction would be a kick in the pants, I believe we’ll handle it better than other ‘spawnier’ clubs fans would. My biggest concern is that other clubs won’t even be deducted points - one club in particular.

SOTv
"Never let the truth get in the way of a good story."
18:09, Sat 9 Feb
The sum is only ever 13mil per season - the 39mil assessment is over three seasons. To be able to lose that in one season you need two seasons of losing nothing. We'd need to build that up.
18:10, Sat 9 Feb
While this points deduction will really sting its best to take it this season as we will still be safe, if we appeal it and lose we will be starting off on minus points next season which would make it mentally more tough to fight relegation, I’d rather we just take it this season and move on.

We’re flying, feck it off till next season.