18:16, Sat 9 Feb
El Mayor
The sum is only ever 13mil per season - the 39mil assessment is over three seasons. To be able to lose that in one season you need two seasons of losing nothing. We'd need to build that up.

Yeah so in effect it's a partial clean slate. I didn't know if after the punishment they were going to treat the previous 2 years as 0.

Let's just hope we can come in under 13m for this year, take the points hit and go again in the summer.
18:17, Sat 9 Feb
I still can't see a deduction this season and expect it to be suspended
18:22, Sat 9 Feb
So because we breached spending rules we have potentially:

- Been deducted 12 points
- Denied any chance of promotion
- Banned from signing players we want for 18 months
- Only allowed to strengthen to League 2 budget standards
- Will inevitably be fined

Yet Bolton, who can't pay players, carry on regardless.

It's absolutely crazy, we are being treated in an unfair and Draconian way.

eff. The. EFL.
We deserve our club back

H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"
18:22, Sat 9 Feb
Yeah, I'm hoping for a suspended deduction too. Can't see it though.

One of the things I don't get with this whole thing is why did we sign Pedersen when we knew we couldn't? I know the perceived wisdom is that the owners were feckless and naive but there's still plenty of experienced, good football people at the club.

It was strange too that we were apparently telling people that we could sign players after a certain date in the summer. Was it mixed or confusing messages from the league or did the left hand not know what the right was doing at the club.

All very odd.
18:23, Sat 9 Feb
What about the eedjits who got us into this mess?
18:27, Sat 9 Feb
Rags
Waggeh
B13blues
Don't care if it's 12 just as long as others get punished the same. Wasn't expecting this season to be like this anyway so it's a free hit imo.

It'll be absolutely farcical seeing half the club's in the Championship with upto 12 points deducted evrey season. I really hope this isn't true.

They won't be though, this is what people are not grasping.

15 teams were failing in May last year but by July it was 4.

Most teams sorted their shit out. We either stuck our fingers in our ears and went la la la we're not listening or tried to sign players.

THAT is why we are being punished so harshly.

Do you reckon we've actually had TWO lots of point deductions ... say 8 points for FFP and an additional 4 points for the Pedersen thing ?

What i don't understand is ... once this is over, if we stick strictly to the restrictions they set on transfers. loans and wages then surely we can't be deducted points again

Yeah, I think it's split for two offences.

Trouble is Rags, Blues spend way too much money - and then told them the club were going to bring in fresh income and then didn't.

Are you sure WE told them we were going to bring in fresh income ... or did THEY tell us to bring in fresh income. The difference is obviously vast as if the possibility of income doesn't arise then the blame can't be laid at our door (and they can't make us sell players at below their value because "value" is solely based on opinion).

I would have thought the restrictions they could place were based solely on expenditure and not income
18:28, Sat 9 Feb
Totally Dan them idiots are going under the radar I fell at the moment and getting away with it..
Simply naive lovely businessmen.

No, I get it. I know what you mean but that doesn’t mean the punishment is fair does it?

To quote someone, it’s six blokes in an office in Preston.

They’re making it up as they go along. We are their guinea pig.

It’s not right and we know this won’t happen to all others that fail next season. It simply won’t.
We deserve our club back

H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"
I originally said 12 but 6 suspended. I wonder if it could be that still and we get the 6 if we go over 13m this season?
Mario kempes 78
Serious question
Will we have our lawyers out in force trying to save our bacon or will the clubs owners just sit on there hands and take it? As I’ve not a heard a thing from our club saying they are going to fight this.

So frustrating but I wouldn’t mind putting up a bit of a fight.

We've had Mishcon de Reya on it for four months mate.

We've fought and it looks like we've lost.

or .. if it's 12 points deducted it may be that we've won !!! remember the Times were saying 21 points at one time would be the recommendation
18:30, Sat 9 Feb
Rags
Are you sure WE told them we were going to bring in fresh income ... or did THEY tell us to bring in fresh income. The difference is obviously vast as if the possibility of income doesn't arise then the blame can't be laid at our door (and they can't make us sell players at below their value because "value" is solely based on opinion).

I would have thought the restrictions they could place were based solely on expenditure and not income

The club definitely gave the EFL a business plan in the summer, while they were trying to negotiate an end to the embargo.

The EFL then told us what they wanted when they struck the five player deal. The words fresh income were definitely used.

We've been negotiating since, AFAIK. I don't know (and if I did I doubt I could say) the actual content of what we were negotiating, but I would suspect we'd be trying to show that we wouldn't fail this year and that we were doing our best to bring in further income.
18:31, Sat 9 Feb
Mario kempes 78
Totally Dan them idiots are going under the radar I fell at the moment and getting away with it..

I agree they cocked up but I can't help but feel there hearts were in the right place but there heads weren't - they should've got some decent advisors in rather than leeches like Darren Dein
18:36, Sat 9 Feb

well in a way the fans are just as culpable .... if we hadn't signed all the expensive dross that Redknapp brought in, and Redknapp had told the Press (as he inevitably would) then the fans would have had a go at the board for not spending money and no amount of "we can't because we'll end up in trouble would have been believed"

Whilst i can agree that the board were naive i do think they were a little bit "stuck between a rock and a hard place"
18:36, Sat 9 Feb
Chelè
Simply naive lovely businessmen.

No, I get it. I know what you mean but that doesn’t mean the punishment is fair does it?

To quote someone, it’s six blokes in an office in Preston.

They’re making it up as they go along. We are their guinea pig.

It’s not right and we know this won’t happen to all others that fail next season. It simply won’t.

It won't, because other clubs don't have people who think they can ignore the rules in the manner our board did last summer.

And I agree, FWIW. I said months ago if it's one person to blame, punish them - disbar them from being a director.
18:37, Sat 9 Feb
Rags

well in a way the fans are just as culpable .... if we hadn't signed all the expensive dross that Redknapp brought in, and Redknapp had told the Press (as he inevitably would) then the fans would have had a go at the board for not spending money and no amount of "we can't because we'll end up in trouble would have been believed"

Whilst i can agree that the board were naive i do think they were a little bit "stuck between a rock and a hard place"

I agree with you in some ways. One thing I hope people have learned from the last 12 months is we can actually do okay without spunking a load of cash, with the right manager in charge.