You sure you're not thinking of the Virgin MegaStore?
Luckily, the amount of heroin I use is harmless. I inject about once a month on a purely recreational basis. Fine. But what about other people less stable, less educated, less middle-class than me? Builders or blacks for example. If you're one of those, my advice to you is leave well alone. Good luck.
09:43, Mon 11 Feb
I remember the original Virgin shop with the hessian wallpaper and chalk boards that listed the latest releases.

Franks Wild Records in the market was always a good hunting ground for cheap vinyl and cds.

I've still plastic bags from Reddingtons and Franks Wild Records
23:16, Mon 11 Feb
Wingman Blue
Real Adebola Bloke
Kristoff
I don’t know the answer to this, but the mad thing is in 20 years from now you’ll probably be able to go on Google Streetview and change the date back 20 years and take a virtual walk down the streets.

That's like the film Deja Vu.

Make it happen

You mean they're not gonna update Streetview....?!!!

They’re constantly updating streetview, but you can change the date that you’re viewing.
CJ
14:38, Tue 12 Feb
Reddingtons Rare Records even had its own label, I've got a single from Quartz - Nantucket Sleighride (the old Mountain track) on it. Doubt it's worth anything though. Used to enjoy RRR when it was by Moor Street you could get comics like Fat Freddy's Cat & the Furry Freak Brothers from there. Spent a fortune over the years there.
14:43, Tue 12 Feb
CJ
I think I've got Nantucket Sleighride!

Must get the record player working and dig out the vinyl.

As many will know, that song was the theme tune for Weekend World for many years.
www.sevenstarphotography.co.uk
I remember going into HMV and asking if I could have the advertising board they had for 'La Folie' by The Stranglers. Pretty big if I remember, god knows how I got it home 😂
18:31, Tue 12 Feb
Haircut1000
fradge
The old nostalgia threads used to be better than the one more recent ones.

So were the sarky comments on the sarky comments.

You got the joke - right?
18:55, Tue 12 Feb
Bcfc1967
Herefordshire Cider Boozer
I think there was one on New St, next to the Odeon. I used to buy my vinyl from a shop on New St and I'm sure it was HMV. Is Reddingtons still opposite Moor St?

Reddingtons moved to a shop close to House of Fraser but that’s gone too now. Think he may have taken it online though not sure if still going.
. Just before it closed , all albums were a quid ... I bought about 25 , the " value" of which the week before was about £450 ... Reddingtons was always a bit of a rip off
Southside Blue , not only keeping the blues alive but also singlehandedly saving the British Manufacturing Industry .