08:41, Mon 11 Feb
another treu crime thing on netflix, only an hour and a half long but well worth a watch, mainly to see how gullible a while family could be. 4/5 novaks.
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
08:55, Mon 11 Feb
Got half way through, felt it was a bit too much for me. Made me a bit uncomfortable. I can't get my head around how he mugged the parents off as well as having his way with the girl.

If you're into that stuff watch confession tapes episode 4..... it's called trial by fire..

Then come back to me and tell me if she did it or not. I am still not sure.
09:17, Mon 11 Feb
Sure was a strange one..
The poor girls family were as weird and twisted as the kidnapper imo.
09:21, Mon 11 Feb
the mom still seemed to have an attraction towards him even when interviewed now
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
09:22, Mon 11 Feb
Yeah, I found that very odd, she was pretty much blushing
@LeMod1875
09:38, Mon 11 Feb
i think you can blame the religion for a lot of it too. the mormons are a strange bunch full stop. the fact they seemed to welcome this guy back after the first kidnapping was very strange.
09:39, Mon 11 Feb
Yeah, I found that very odd, she was pretty much blushing

This is what made it all a bit too odd for me. I like a good murder mystery but that was just grossly weird.
09:47, Mon 11 Feb
Had to turn it off, was making me really frustrated to see the stupidity.
The Dad should just top himself, imbecile.
09:51, Mon 11 Feb
Throughout the whole programme I was questioning why the parents weren't done for neglect.
10:06, Mon 11 Feb
i guess it was a more innocent and niave time. the FBI guy said he'd not heard of the word pedophile. plus living in a mormon community that tended to sort things out amongst itself etc.

i wondered why the kidnapper's wife wasnt ever charged with anything, she seemed to help him and must have known what he was up to.
10:37, Mon 11 Feb
Come on, we've all wanked off a family friend in the car haven't we?
We deserve our club back

H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"
10:58, Mon 11 Feb
westbo99
Sure was a strange one..
The poor girls family were as weird and twisted as the kidnapper imo.

Exactly what I thought. I parents were just scumbags dressed up as nice, innocent people. They could have put him away but choose to protect their own reputations instead of protecting their daughter. And the wife carrying on... Just an absolutely terrible family.

Also, what man wanks another just because?
11:05, Mon 11 Feb
The parents were in on it too. There's far more about the whole thing than they're letting on
11:22, Mon 11 Feb
i dont think they were as such, the dad was obviously a closet gay and the mom was just infatuated with 'B' as they called him.

i think those points added to the conservative mormonism just created a perfect storm.

the fact the girl was believing that aliens would vaporize her if she told her story right up until her 16th birthday shows how niave they all were.

the mom's a bitch though. who sleeps with their own daughter's rapist??!!!???
I was really upset that some people might find out about their affair so I was glad that they were able to write those statements.

When you balance it up the noncing of your daughter is worth it.

I'm genuinely not sure how the two of them didn't put a bullet through their own head. No matter what their community.

At the end they say that 'B' was done for shagging an under age girl. He got one year, why weren't the two cases linked and more investigated about him?
11:42, Mon 11 Feb
A_n_E
the mom's a bitch though. who sleeps with their own daughter's rapist??!!!???

I think both the parents were as bad as each other. They actively put their own interests ahead of their daughter's safety. And they sent her off to him twice! WTF? At first I thought it was naivety, but by the end I could only think that they were just utterly selfish people. They really didn't seem to have a big problem with the fact that their 12 year old daughter was raped hundreds of times. I would have definitely been interrogating the parents if I were the FBI agent.
i guess that back then things werent investigated as well as they are now (we still see too many cases where people have gone on to commit further crimes as one agency wasnt aware of what another had found out).

i was shocked at the leniency of the sentences even when he was found guilty.
11:47, Mon 11 Feb
i dont think they saw it as rape. dont forget this is a state where you can marry at 16 but even earlier (13 i think) if your parents agree.
Another thing these Zayna and Zaylor characters, or whatever they were called, when is their reign of terror going to be investigated?
😂 that's it blame the aliens