09:05, Mon 11 Feb
As fans celebrated Lee Camp saving Nakhi Wells injury time penalty to ensure Birmingham City beat QPR 4-3 on Saturday, news filtered through that the EFL have made their proposed sanction against Blues for their aggravated breach of the Profit and Sustainability Rules.

[almajir.net]
09:19, Mon 11 Feb
great piece Dan

👍🏻
09:37, Mon 11 Feb
Good piece Dan, that last paragraph starts with a very very big IF!
09:37, Mon 11 Feb
A much needed balanced assessment.

Thank you Dan.
www.sevenstarphotography.co.uk
09:40, Mon 11 Feb
I'm still waiting for Ren to answer some media questions as he said he would at the original GM press conference
09:40, Mon 11 Feb
Good read Dan 👍
09:42, Mon 11 Feb
Good stuff 👍

Let's just get it over with now
09:46, Mon 11 Feb
This is getting to be as tedious as the ongoing brexshit talks.

The EFL and Club need to announce the sanctions and we can carry on.

Ren and Co. then need to make sure it doesn't happen again.
09:47, Mon 11 Feb
6 points suspended I reckon.
DES
09:53, Mon 11 Feb
Great work Dan, well researched and great reasoning behind it.
Whatever the penalty we must get it behind us this season and then, we either must comply or get FFP rules overturned and if a dozen clubs in similar situation then perhaps this can happen.

KRO
09:55, Mon 11 Feb
DES
Quick Q.

You say we will be judged on a season to season basis from next year, does this mean we are allowed to lose no more than £13m next season?

Meaning, for example, we sell Che for £30m, we essentially have a massive chunk to then spend on building a title winning side for next season?
09:56, Mon 11 Feb
"However, rules against the conduct of a director or owner have not been brought in fully yet and as such it is impossible for the EFL to do this".

This is what pisses me off. The only people who suffer from a points deduction is those on the pitch including management and those in the stands.

The board will crack on with their day.
09:56, Mon 11 Feb
Good article Dan. Do we now the mechanics of what the EFL are proposing - i.e. will the "12" points be deducted this season or be applied from the start of our next season in the Championship?

Do Blues have any say in this?
10:02, Mon 11 Feb
montypenguin
Good article Dan. Do we now the mechanics of what the EFL are proposing - i.e. will the "12" points be deducted this season or be applied from the start of our next season in the Championship?

Do Blues have any say in this?

Do guilty parties generally get any say in when punishments are meted out?!
10:05, Mon 11 Feb
David Xavis
Quick Q.

You say we will be judged on a season to season basis from next year, does this mean we are allowed to lose no more than £13m next season?

Meaning, for example, we sell Che for £30m, we essentially have a massive chunk to then spend on building a title winning side for next season?

Yes, we would be allowed no more than £13mil

However, we wouldn't have a big chunk to spend, because we're close to or over limits currently. I think we'll need to sell Che so we don't fail this season.