13:36, Mon 11 Feb
fed up with not being able to get any sort of mobile data 3/4g service the moment I step inside st Andrews

Hive app doesn't work for me anymore

What network do I need to switch to for at least some sort of data service?
DB
13:37, Mon 11 Feb
Gerrof yer bleedin' phone and back the boys!
The Usual Suspect
13:37, Mon 11 Feb
Bad for everyone at half-time when 20,000 people try to get online at the same time
It's been non-existent for years on the O2 network, despite my phone always having a 4G signal showing inside the ground. It's almost as though the club does something to block all 4G signals for some reason.
13:40, Mon 11 Feb
EE used to be a no go but since switching to 3 I can. Saying that coverage on trains is patchy with 3 so swings and roundabouts etc
13:42, Mon 11 Feb
Vodafone seems to work fine for me checking my losing bets at half time
It's not a problem specific to networks, although some may seem better than others.

[www.businessinsider.com]

Only way to really improve would be for the club to install a mast in the stadium
13:45, Mon 11 Feb
Ground was built in a big hole. Needs thousands of people to report it as a blackspot or whatever they're called. Loads of dips in the Small Heath roads where coverage is terrible as well. Locals are always coming out their houses to use mobiles.
I find most football stadiums are shit for mobile internet, so frustrating when I’m trying to check in at a ground to show everyone how big a fan I am 😡
13:58, Mon 11 Feb
It is amazing when you consdier one of the floodlights is a mobile mast.
14:01, Mon 11 Feb
I’m on vodaphone seems to work fine for checking scores ect
14:01, Mon 11 Feb
I use EE and it’s usally ok for me
14:13, Mon 11 Feb
Squatnose
It's been non-existent for years on the O2 network, despite my phone always having a 4G signal showing inside the ground. It's almost as though the club does something to block all 4G signals for some reason.

I'm on O2 and it only ever seems to work late in the 1st and 2nd halves while everyone around me seems to work fine.
14:18, Mon 11 Feb
I use EE and it’s usally ok for me

Same. Goes dead around kick off and half time though.
14:33, Mon 11 Feb
Mine never works anywhere at Football apart from London Stadium ironically...
15:13, Mon 11 Feb
HackneyBlue
It's not a problem specific to networks, although some may seem better than others.

Only way to really improve would be for the club to install a mast in the stadium

There is a mast in the corner between the Tilton/Main Stand believe it or not :) It's just not able to handle 20,000 people all logging in at once at Half Time, and not enough consistent local traffic to justify permanent upgrade of technology present on the mast. When 5G begins to roll out (this year) and expands, the problem *should* resolve. 2/3 years I'd say. Sit tight. Be good for welcoming the Champions League sides with a proper data service :D
15:15, Mon 11 Feb
bignikzig
HackneyBlue

There is a mast in the corner between the Tilton/Main Stand believe it or not :) It's just not able to handle 20,000 people all logging in at once at Half Time, and not enough consistent local traffic to justify permanent upgrade of technology present on the mast. When 5G begins to roll out (this year) and expands, the problem *should* resolve. 2/3 years I'd say. Sit tight. Be good for welcoming the Champions League sides with a proper data service :D

Aha I did not know that, but as you say needs an upgrade.

Its the same at pretty much every ground in the country with a couple of exceptions.
15:15, Mon 11 Feb
Squatnose

I was told by a person at the Club, when I complained about this issue, that the Club will often strangle the bandwidth during matches to avoid ‘live streaming’ of matches from inside the ground

Not only does this affect the revenue for the Club, hence Blues TV / Blues World to satisfy those that can’t get to the ground, but may also be something to do with broadcast rights / EFL regulations; otherwise posters will upload highlights before Sky and the rest.

Seems a sensible reason but no less infuriating when you’re trying to keep up date with scores elsewhere
15:24, Mon 11 Feb
Squatnose

I was told by a person at the Club, when I complained about this issue, that the Club will often strangle the bandwidth during matches to avoid ‘live streaming’ of matches from inside the ground

Not only does this affect the revenue for the Club, hence Blues TV / Blues World to satisfy those that can’t get to the ground, but may also be something to do with broadcast rights / EFL regulations; otherwise posters will upload highlights before Sky and the rest.

Seems a sensible reason but no less infuriating when you’re trying to keep up date with scores elsewhere

Probably streaming Blues TV over it 😂 would explain a few things 😁
16:20, Mon 11 Feb
Vodafone works fine at all times