21:02, Mon 11 Feb
out of 7 billion people. Crazy. Anyone can make the top 200.
21:04, Mon 11 Feb
StechyBlue
How long before the first 1m per week player ?

Football is effed.
Why is football effed?
I and millions in this country alone, love it

Too much money it can't go on forever like this. Surely there is a ceiling.
21:17, Mon 11 Feb
ZLAMMER
just think how much tax he is paying!!!! He'll earn more than you earn ever but he'll also do his bit with tax contributions (well would if it was uk, not sure how Italy works)

its determined by if he remains classified as a UK Resident, (can be complex for a footballer), assuming he still spend 91 days in uk, if he does he will pay tax under UK govt tax laws.
21:18, Mon 11 Feb
Bollocks to it. Its not my money, let them carry on.

I can't wait to see the first £5m a week player or blues spend £25m on a full back.
Dictated but not read.

Louie Donowa
21:25, Mon 11 Feb
StechyBlue
StechyBlue
How long before the first 1m per week player ?

Football is effed.
Why is football effed?
I and millions in this country alone, love it

Too much money it can't go on forever like this. Surely there is a ceiling.
Been said for years. And the same about beer, flags, petrol, train fares etc
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
21:30, Mon 11 Feb
Petebaldwin
Yeah but there's no transfer fee so all the money goes to the player. It'll cost them around £20m a year.

Mahrez (£60m, 5 year deal and 200k a week) works out at roughly £22m a year for example.
£100m for Aaron Ramsey, laughable.
21:31, Mon 11 Feb
How have they signed him outside of the transfer window?
Keeping Right On since 1981
21:38, Mon 11 Feb
Blueboy81
How have they signed him outside of the transfer window?
He signs when his contract ends on June 30. This is a pre contract agreement
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
21:58, Mon 11 Feb
Not sure I quite understand what youre saying? I just find it crazy how you can make someone one of the highest paid sportsmen without being one of the best
22:55, Mon 11 Feb
Redditch Blue
400k a week at juventus. Football makes me sick at times.

5 week month equals 2 million😂😂😂
07:56, Tue 12 Feb
In context the second, maybe third best Welsh player, a 28 year old, possibly past his peak will now earn more in a year than Blues turnover in almost 2 and a half years.

Players, average players on the World scene now turnover as a brand more than entire second tier sides.

That EFL is why this league attracts wild gambling, crackpot owners and stupid investment on a scale incomprehensible in the real world
08:01, Tue 12 Feb
he's in the top tiny percentage in the world. Lets say he's 200th in the world its still pretty hard to get to that level. I think the wage is very excessive but its market forces. Me and you wouldn't pay it because we don't see the sense in it and can't afford it. Juventus do and can.

But to be, lets say 200th in the world at football is an incredibly incredibly hard thing to do, incredibly and if anyone says it isn't why aren't they? Like people that say darts is easy, well crack on and be the best.
09:07, Tue 12 Feb
Redditch Blue
Pay for a few nurses wouldn’t it.

Chris Grayling said yesterday he spent £800k on consultants to sort out who to give a ferry contract to - they gave it to a firm which currently has no ferries. That's £800k in the pockets of the Tory's mates.

At least football is generating its own money and not pissing *ours* up the effing wall every day.
09:21, Tue 12 Feb
Exactly. What is Ramsey going to help Juventus achieve which is worth an outlay of £100m?
09:45, Tue 12 Feb
fair play to him.

If hes been offered it, he deserves every penny.

I would be doing the exact same thing.
09:47, Tue 12 Feb
Why should he sacrifice his money to help others? Hes earned it, its his.
16:38, Tue 12 Feb
Good luck to him and well done for going overseas to further his career. I can't think of many who have done that...Bale, Platt, Wilkins, Woodgate and that youngster at Dortmund.
17:06, Tue 12 Feb
Barliman Butterbur
Some people defend this. Maybe they should stop and think what 400k a week could do in this world of cutbacks.

They should. And then they should think "why aren't corporations paying their tax fairly?" instead of getting angry about a fecking footballer!
09:47, Wed 13 Feb
footballisanart
Barliman Butterbur
Some people defend this. Maybe they should stop and think what 400k a week could do in this world of cutbacks.

They should. And then they should think "why aren't corporations paying their tax fairly?" instead of getting angry about a fecking footballer!
👍
10:21, Wed 13 Feb
Spying Cop
I can't think of many who have done that...Bale, Platt, Wilkins, Woodgate and that youngster at Dortmund.

beckham, owen, rush, walker, francis souness, blissett, archibald, hughes, keegan etc

there's a fair few
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast