22:57, Mon 11 Feb
So many to choose from as I was lucky enough to come of age in the 90’s. In my own little world it stretched alot further than Nirvana to the Blue Tones but they were my solid.One that sticks for me though was from 1993 - fuzzy / grant lee buffalo. A little dated now but cool non the less. Enjoy if you can

[m.youtube.com]
23:17, Mon 11 Feb
So many to choose from as I was lucky enough to come of age in the 90’s. In my own little world it stretched alot further than Nirvana to the Blue Tones but they were my solid.One that sticks for me though was from 1993 - fuzzy / grant lee buffalo. A little dated now but cool non the less. Enjoy if you can

[m.youtube.com]

Could never work out how Grant Lee Buffalo got away with Fuzzy

as it's a complete ripoff of Killing Moon by Echo and The Bunnymen

... and of course ironically many years later Grant Lee went on to record Killing Moon

In fact GLB's Jupiter and Teardrop starts with Ziggy Stardust's opening chord ... traverses through Bowie's Changes and Bowie's Quicksand and even features the exact key change from the middle of Bowie's Bewlay Brothers ... so i suppose you could credit GLB with inventing the mashup

Having said all that i did like GLB .. but would question those who claim him as any sort of originator
23:36, Mon 11 Feb
Going back to your original question ... it would be impossible to list the hundreds of songs that moulded/guided/inspired me

I fell in love with Marc Bolan in about 1970

and i could give you probably one song from every year since then

... so instead i'll leave you with JCC and Beasley Street

23:43, Mon 11 Feb
PS ....

Mods ... if Fats comes on here and mentions Wilco can you ban him ???
08:14, Tue 12 Feb
Sorry Blueballs, you missed out on the period 1976 - 82 when music really was buzzing with so many different genres.

All I remember of the 90s is crap boy / girl bands, but by then I was an old fecker anyway!
08:27, Tue 12 Feb
Some 90’s music was and still is fantastic
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
08:28, Tue 12 Feb
Well you weren’t particularly lucky, cos you missed the 1977 punk rock explosion?

I had forgotten about the Bluetones though. Good shout.
08:31, Tue 12 Feb
The song of my youth, which is still my favourite song even now.

Goodbye says it all.
09:05, Tue 12 Feb
1973 Life On Mars - David Bowie.

Just left ‘proper school’ as a sixteen year old. When I believe my childhood really ended and the summers never seemed so sunny since. Brings to mind our last family holiday together, a week at the Bulins holiday camp in Minehead. Halcyon days. Mr Bolan has a similar effect for that period too. Two great artists that lit up the early 1970’s for me.

KRO.