23:03, Thu 14 Mar
Yes most certainly a possibility now. Could be different again though in a couple of weeks or so and that's what we have to hope for. To have the EFL relegate us after what the team have put in this season would be a kick in the nads.
23:58, Thu 14 Mar
Yes. We could.
00:31, Fri 15 Mar
stevo
Redditch Blue
I kind of agree, but if the process is being properly followed (don't laugh), then it's not up to the EFL to decide this punishment. They've already made their suggestion. It's the hands of 3 people on a panel who, presumably, don't care too much about the consequences.

One of those three is our representative.Hopefully he cares about the consequences.

Not our representative at all - only chosen by us.
All three are (supposed to be) completely independent.
01:04, Fri 15 Mar
B_C_F_C
Not our representative at all - only chosen by us.
All three are (supposed to be) completely independent.

You are right & (as you allude to) wrong, BCFC. If we choose them then, by definition, they are not independent. It’s a stupid rule set by a stupid body, advised by fat cat lawyers who love ambiguity, cos it fills their deep pockets.

12 pts in all probability, & yes.

I remember driving home from WHL in May 2011, & struggling to comprehend that only a few weeks before we’d lifted silver just a few miles away. The manager & players need to be galvanised by that wretched experience. Lightning must not strike twice.
05:24, Fri 15 Mar
Paneristi
number8
Remember how after the Carling cup, people were saying "we won't go down, we just need a couple of wins from those last 6 games, piece of piss"...

We had 12 games to play after the League Cup final in 2011 36 points .As it turns out we only needed 6 to stay up on GD and send Wolves down . We took five .

I remember how pisspoor that Fulham game was after the cup final it reminded me a lot of how pisspoor we were against milwall the other night to be fair.
06:12, Fri 15 Mar
Can’t punish us twice!!
So as soon as the punishment is imposed we’re can throw some money about again
So a hard line will be drawn or we on for 12 month roll over punishments?
Little confusing tbh
every chance we could go especially as I can't see where our next win is coming from.
08:15, Fri 15 Mar
Rotherham have some really tough fixtures coming up same as us, so any points we can get should move to relative safety, if we can get them.
15:29, Fri 15 Mar
Musername
Rotherham have some really tough fixtures coming up same as us, so any points we can get should move to relative safety, if we can get them.

Yep despite winning the other night ( QPR have the worst form in the league having taken 4 points from the last 30) Rotherham have a terrible run in . Bolton and Ipswich are truly poor. It looks like it going to be low points total needed to avoid the drop again this year .
15:39, Fri 15 Mar
How sad is it though that we have to start looking at Rotherham’s fixtures
16:08, Fri 15 Mar
Predator
How sad is it though that we have to start looking at Rotherham’s fixtures
The wheels have been coming off Blues season for the last month . It's sad but contemplating a 12 point deduction i've been checking the points gap and the bottom threes fixtures for a couple of weeks .We have to play Rotherham yet at their place, sad again but it might turn into a must win 6 pointer.
16:13, Fri 15 Mar
Yeah I’ve also been checking the gap at the bottom, I agree mate it’s gonna be a big game, it’s just sad how our season might be turning out to be yet another relegation battle.
16:21, Fri 15 Mar
It's tragic with the effort the playing staff and management have put in . The last month aside we've had an great season .
16:28, Fri 15 Mar
StechyBlue
6 points and a fine, right now would suit the EFL i reckon.

Doesn't relegate us
Doesn't mean THEY ruined playoff hopes (they've waited for us to do that ourselves).
It's not excessive.. so they avoid the pressure of having to dock other teams 12 points too. Giving themselves headroom either way.
It draws a quick line under it all and gives us a chance to rebuild without being completely detrimental to our season (which is already petering out).

If I had to bet I'd go with this prediction.