bluearmyfaction
So we got punished for our honesty.

I wouldn't say that. I'd say we got punished for thinking we could ignore the rules.
10:44, Wed 10 Apr
@LeMod1875
11:00, Wed 10 Apr
Not an unreasonable stance, given e.g. QPR...
12:14, Wed 10 Apr
El Mayor
bluearmyfaction
So we got punished for our honesty.

I wouldn't say that. I'd say we got punished for thinking we could ignore the rules.
Like others, who have not been as honest in the accounts it seems
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
12:24, Wed 10 Apr
Musername
Le Mod
And if we'd bent the rules we wouldn't have had a soft embargo because we wouldn't have been over the limits, therefore we'd have been free to sign Pedersen anyway.

Weak, shitty, hopeless rules, badly worded and badly implemented, that you can drive a bus through, and we managed to break them.

Which is why I'm cautiously optimistic for next season. There seem to be a huge amount of loopholes round it, surely Ren can get someone in who can do what other teams are doing?

He's not THAT incompetent surely?

Okay let me piss on your chips.

The EFL aren't the only people concerned by our accounts - the HKSE aren't happy with how much BSH are losing either.

Speaks volumes that does.
20:07, Mon 15 Apr
Bolton's Supporters Trust are currently holding an open meeting and there's a live blog here:

[www.theboltonnews.co.uk]

Some interesting snippets so far like:

On Wednesday Bolton Whites Hotel are in the court too ... The hotel is a very, very important cash stream and winding it up would diminish the value of the club in the eyes of the court or an administrator

I don't know everything but I know some things, I receive confidential info from various parties, and I don't see anyone willing or able to buy the club as a going concern.

They found there was significantly more debt and not enough movement among the creditors and especially KA to make it possible
20:16, Mon 15 Apr
The EFL knew three years ago about our owners' background, they knew if they cared to add up a few figures that the business plan, relying as it did on a high interest loan, was laughable.

The EFL said 'go ahead' and then what did they do? They started to think about monitoring us, gave us embargos, what was that going to do?

"We were threatened with a 12pt deduction for admin. What was that going to do?

"It was only a few weeks ago that the EFL said they were satisfied the club had enough money to get to the end of the season.

"If and when this club goes into admin we will have a lot to say to them when in a great part they have made a contribution to the mess we're in.
20:18, Mon 15 Apr
The EFL are a self-serving fecking mess
mad
20:36, Mon 15 Apr
Sounds like their game with Villa is in doubt. May have to be behind closed doors if Ken Anderson cannot assure full staffing of the ground
20:38, Mon 15 Apr
mad
So, in short, the EFL says Ken Anderson and Wanderers have the funds to last until the end of the season.

They have the funds... So why are they not using them, then?
mad
20:45, Mon 15 Apr
Terrance Rigby: "The present situation, from what I know, is that Ken Anderson is not in a position to pay off HMRC. He may have zillions of money but there's no sign because he isn't paying staff, players, electricity...

"Unless something happens before May 8 the club and KA run out of rope.

"The issue will then be whether the judge puts the club into admin or liquidation."
17:22, Wed 17 Apr
I can't see this ending well, but good luck to em.
17:22, Wed 17 Apr
Scoobers

Frying pan and fire situation imho
17:32, Wed 17 Apr
He seems like a fit and proper person