15:47, Tue 19 Mar
I could be wrong here, but I am not certain fines count towards P&S figures. If they do, you are categorically correct to say it's a nonsense!

IF fines don't count towards figures, then hitting a club in the pocket is not entirely illogical because during this debacle Blues were, to my limited mind at least, seemingly keen to spend considerably more on numerous occasions. In such a case then, limiting our resources is a punishment.

I accept your point though because if they are concerned by our sustainability, then a fine is not going to help ultimately. On the other hand, if they don't fine us or dock us big points totals (thereby threatening a league status which would lead to further losses), then they are just standing by and watching.

I think P&S is a joke though and it should be down to clubs alone as to whether they live or die. Villa's situation for example - in the summer it was outrageous and the effers were lucky HMRC played ball with them - but now they have real money and should be able to spend it in my opinion.

The EFL would be glad of the funds from a fine, of that I am sure! I'm sick of all this. Absolutely sick of it all.
15:57, Tue 19 Mar
Rasputin
The Right Reverend Charcy Blue Blue
It's not necessarily immediate,if it looks like you will be relegated without the deduction then it's applied to next season. Bolton look doomed.

And that is why any points deduction we get should not be this season.

No its not. If we went into administration now then we would be deducted them now. The rule was brought in as clubs were deliberately going into admin after they'd already been doomed saving them for next season. Think it was Leeds that were the reason it changed.
Revere me.
16:20, Tue 19 Mar
No its not. If we went into administration now then we would be deducted them now. The rule was brought in as clubs were deliberately going into admin after they'd already been doomed saving them for next season. Think it was Leeds that were the reason it changed.[/quote]

I think there was also a case where Boston United, losing a relegation decider v Wrexham and facing certain relegation, went into administration during that last match of the season. As the rules were at the time they thereby had the points deducted immediately that season rather than the following season... [news.bbc.co.uk]

Mind you, IIRC such where their financial problems I think the FA still demoted them a couple of divisions.
16:30, Tue 19 Mar
I notice Mark Albrighton played in that game for Boston, or was a sub.
16:31, Tue 19 Mar
But not the Villa, Leicester one, doh.
16:41, Tue 19 Mar
I thought the ability to limit an organisations ability to trade fairly without restriction was enshrined in law under restraint of trade.

Why do the P&S rules & EFL restrictions and limit on salaries, buying & registering players etc not count as a restraint of trade?
16:48, Tue 19 Mar
Because they're not trading fairly.
17:09, Tue 19 Mar
No legal expert but EFL rules are not law and so in the context of the law I would imagine would be a commercial restriction of trade. Just saying they are not not behaving fairly is not an answer to the question
17:23, Tue 19 Mar
Harvey when interviewed on Sky said the committee will try and make the decision for this season...but will need time to weigh up all the evidence....he also mentioned the right of appeal
Interviewed on Sky about it?
Yes....a short clip this afternoon. Sky report on Bolton led into another report on Blues fate and Harvey was asked about when it would happen and he said naturally soon would be the best outcome but all evidence needs to be gone through so cant say anything for definite and also there was an appeal process if appropriate
Cheers. Punishment being implemented this season is far preferable to it going into next season, ie points.
18:12, Tue 19 Mar
Getting their request in before the hearing tomorrow:

[www.theboltonnews.co.uk]

Sounds like Ken may have to sell as for what would be the administration price if he wants anything out of this
18:18, Tue 19 Mar
Listed as item 148 on the running order for the Insolvency and companies court tomorrow.

Judge Jones sitting on this and item item 126, Macclesfeld Town FC, also in court tomorrow.

Let's hope this Jones bloke is a real nasty barsteward 😁
18:52, Tue 19 Mar
It is routine to have winding up applications as a job lot. For the majority of companies nobody turns up. Usually the directors have long given it up as a bad job.