Chelè
I think that probably says more about how bad the rest of them were tbh.

He was bombed by Monk for refusing to play with a knock.

That’s how committed he was.

I think it does, yes, but he was having a decent season. I don't know the story there, but I suspect that it was more than a knock, considering his injury was supposed to have finished his season. I don't know the details of his refusal (if any) to play, but he appeared to be one of our more committed performers when he did play.
@6strings4paws
The two week extension generously provided by the High Court runs out tomorrow.

The players are currently on strike in support of non-playing staff who have not been paid on time for the 2nd consecutive month (players not paid either). Previously this season several times the PFA has stepped in to pay the wages, as has the Football League by advancing future payments.

The League has been trying to find a way of agreeing to a take-over by Laurence Bassini; even though they're desperate to save Bolton from going under, the ex-Watford owner doesn't seem able to provide proof of funds, or any idea of his plans.

There are creditors appearing from all directions.

Will there be a deal on the steps of the High Court?

Should the League say NO to someone who doesn't appear to be a suitable owner?

Wouldn't it be kinder to put this ailing beast out of its misery?
10:41, Tue 2 Apr
Jim
It's a tough decision with regards to Bassini. He's awful, dodgy as they come and should never be allowed to run a business.

On the other hand they're on the brink of dying, so he's a better option than that.
10:47, Tue 2 Apr
This Anderson fella is a right chancer, had a couple of opportunities to sell but has stopped talks as he wants more profit for himself, risking livelihoods and the history of a club

EFL need to take some responsibility for the checks they do on owners
11:04, Tue 2 Apr
I'm not sure any of the buyers were serious. The last chap who dropped out had no credibility and no track record. Anderson I'm sure hoped to turn it around for a quick buck, but Bolton are such a basket case that that's not possible.
11:05, Tue 2 Apr
Also rumoured that Anderson feels he can make ore from liquidation so is favouring holding on for that... Mental.
12:06, Tue 2 Apr
Be lucky to get pennies in the pound. The one asset Bolton have that's worth anything is the place in the Championship/League 1. Maybe they'll move to Dublin/Milton Keynes/Glasgow.
13:24, Tue 2 Apr
Anderson's a piece of work isn't he.

[www.bwfc.co.uk]

'However, I accept that two wrongs don’t make a right and everyone should be paid on time.

I have read that the players and management staff have said that being paid late does not actually motivate them to go out and perform on the pitch.

That is fully understandable, but perhaps they could also explain why the results up to Christmas were not exactly impressive either?'

Unbelievable
13:25, Tue 2 Apr
He's gone full Pannu again, never go full Pannu.
@LeMod1875
13:26, Tue 2 Apr
if that happened their results would be expunged and we'd be one of the few teams who'd benefit from it.
She's playing with fire, he''s not ready for nibbly pig...
That all said, l have to apologise to all the non-playing staff for the delay in paying their salaries and whilst there are sufficient funds in the club bank accounts to pay them, it is not currently possible until after April 3 for legal reasons and l sincerely apologise to everyone unreservedly for this and would again request their continued patience during these difficult times .

What legal reason could there possibly be to prevent people being paid on time?
13:30, Tue 2 Apr
Could be the fact they are in high court tomorrow and if they get wound up that money needs to pay debtors before staff
13:31, Tue 2 Apr
Musername
It's a tough decision with regards to Bassini. He's awful, dodgy as they come and should never be allowed to run a business.

On the other hand they're on the brink of dying, so he's a better option than that.

Bankrupt Baz is the worst kind of chancer.
13:55, Tue 2 Apr
Musername
That all said, l have to apologise to all the non-playing staff for the delay in paying their salaries and whilst there are sufficient funds in the club bank accounts to pay them, it is not currently possible until after April 3 for legal reasons and l sincerely apologise to everyone unreservedly for this and would again request their continued patience during these difficult times .

What legal reason could there possibly be to prevent people being paid on time?
If you're under a winding-up petition, then, should you actually be wound up, the liquidators can reverse all of the payments made while the petition was hanging over you. Section 127 Insolvency Act 1986.

And if the recipient of that payment is an international footballer who then buggers off to Russia, it's going to be very difficult to get the money back.

So the liquidators would go after the bank that allowed the club to pay the money out.

Ergo, just about the first thing that happens under a winding-up petition, is the bank freezes the assets. No money out at all.

There is a way around it. Ask the Court for permission to continue paying, on the basis that it is the only way to keep trading, and it will be better off for the creditors. Should be easy in Bolton's case as the no. 1 asset is the League place, which will be worth zilch in liquidation. But if they are haemorrhaging ludicrous amounts...
15:00, Tue 2 Apr
[www.efl.com]

The EFL has today been informed that the Safety Advisory Group (SAG), responsible for issuing the general safety certificate at Bolton Wanderers, has placed a prohibition notice on the Club under the Safety of Sports Grounds Act 1975.

As a result, all supporters will be prevented from entering the University of Bolton Stadium until the Club can demonstrate that the stadium can deliver the matchday operation to the standard required.

Prior to the meeting, called by the SAG, the Club confirmed it would be unable to commit to meet the obligations of its safety certificate until after a scheduled appearance at the High Court tomorrow (3 April).

SAG members concluded this would be a challenging timeframe to put an adequate plan in place to protect the safety of fans during upcoming home fixtures against Ipswich Town on Saturday 6 April and Middlesbrough on Tuesday 9 April.
15:01, Tue 2 Apr
How many times does an outside organisation have to act to make the EFL take notice, Blackpool was the Court, now Bolton is the Safety Comitee
The same thing happened last month because he hadn't paid the bill for the police.

It's farcical now.
Wigan would stand to lose the most of the relegation threatened teams in the (unlikely) event that Bolton went under and their record for this season was annulled.

Wigan took 4 points off Bolton, and the others all 1 (and of course us 0).

Step forward Dave Whelan to bail them out until the end of the season, if needs be!
15:31, Tue 2 Apr
Next 2 games to be played behind closed doors
15:33, Tue 2 Apr
Not just behind closed doors, could be called off altogether.