09:58, Tue 9 Apr
St. Trevor of Francis has a new book out next week:
[www.amazon.co.uk]
DES
10:13, Tue 9 Apr
Bloody hell Trev, who chose the front page photo?
There is a pic of him on the stairs on the way up to JC suite inside the kop that sums him up perfectly, in muddy penguin kit so 72 to 75, real superboy era!
For those of us who were lucky enough to see him at his peak, thanks for the memory!
To put it into perspective, he scored 29 goals in 1978 for us in top division!

KRO
10:18, Tue 9 Apr
I have his original book on the shelf - not moved iy as I may re -read when I am old
10:24, Tue 9 Apr
Wonder if he will be doing any signings?
10:24, Tue 9 Apr
Hoping this book goes into more detail about his time in the states.
10:29, Tue 9 Apr
[www.amazon.co.uk]

That's nice for him ... i wonder if it's a talking book that moans and whinges about not being bought and then pretends to be damaged until it gets its own way. Hope the cashiers are wearing armoured gloves when they take the money for the book ... would hate for their fingers to get damaged by the till !!

Brilliant footballer ... detestable person
10:30, Tue 9 Apr
Blimey, you're bitter.
10:33, Tue 9 Apr
I have his original book. Queued up at Hudson's for him to sign it.
10:39, Tue 9 Apr
Rags
[www.amazon.co.uk]

That's nice for him ... i wonder if it's a talking book that moans and whinges about not being bought and then pretends to be damaged until it gets its own way. Hope the cashiers are wearing armoured gloves when they take the money for the book ... would hate for their fingers to get damaged by the till !!

Brilliant footballer ... detestable person

Crikey

Did he shag your wife or something?
10:41, Tue 9 Apr
DES
DES
Bloody hell Trev, who chose the front page photo?
There is a pic of him on the stairs on the way up to JC suite inside the kop that sums him up perfectly, in muddy penguin kit so 72 to 75, real superboy era!
For those of us who were lucky enough to see him at his peak, thanks for the memory!
To put it into perspective, he scored 29 goals in 1978 for us in top division!

KRO

He probably wants the book to appeal to Forest, Wednesday and Palace fans too....
10:49, Tue 9 Apr
Blimey, you're bitter.

Yep ... it goes back a long way too ... all the way back until he was in his teens and i was running a charity event for mentally handicapped kids and Brian Little and (i think) Ray Graydon and Phil Summerill and Bob Latchford were happy to come along. Francis wanted "appearance money" (as it was called then) and intimated that without it he wouldn't come along. The Charity was linked with Doug Ellis so Doug phoned Blues and got it sorted - but when he turned up he was surly and rude to the kids.

Same surly "i'm so important me" "don't you know who i am" attitude that you all saw when he flounced the players off the pitch at Preston before te penalty shoot-out and cost us the game.

For Christ's sake ... he even went to see Jim Smith on Smith's FIRST DAY as manager to tell him he wanted to leave and wasn't really bothered anymore and Smith had to talk him into performing at his best with a promise that he could leave within 6 months

He's a bad 'un.

I tell you what WON'T be in any book of his (and unfortunately due to their agreement won't be any book by Sullivan Gold or Brady) is the reason that Blues were able to get rid of him so quickly as a manager with no pay-off !! (same reason why he didn't give a press conference)
10:54, Tue 9 Apr
I dunno if he’s a good un a bad un or just like the rest of us, good and bad depending.

I do know that it will be a shit book.

Who wrote it?
DES
10:55, Tue 9 Apr
Rags, No I agree he didn't have great social skills, but my memories of him is of our greatest ever player and a manager who so nearly got us back to the promised land, didn't really understand your comments about why he left, it was in the public domain the relationship between him and the board was broken beyond repair!

KRO
DES
10:57, Tue 9 Apr
Fat Buddha
I dunno if he’s a good un a bad un or just like the rest of us, good and bad depending.

I do know that it will be a shit book.

Who wrote it?
Keith Dixon co wrote it, Ive heard reports its a decent read, but all bios of sports stars can be a bit samey!

KRO
11:00, Tue 9 Apr
So you say TF is god as far as im concerned who are you to try and damage his image ,wonderful player for blues .Never see the like again in my opinion . KRO