14:09, Tue 9 Apr
Yep. I had Rotherham 2-1 on an acca actually but was let down elsewhere!
I am not too concerned about Rotherham, more so because of our performance levels in the last three games, but if Rotherham take anything from a rampant Villa then it will mean they are capable of anything in the five games that follow.
Of course, we should be fine because we've only lost 13 of 40 matches so are clearly capable but, unlike others, I can see Rotherham going beyond our current total.
14:36, Tue 9 Apr
I don’t think it’s over yet as I do believe the teams below will pull out some suprise wins but I do think one more win see’s us looking pretty secure, the one game that does worry me slightly is Rotherham away as they are decent at home and will throw everything at us, we could do with not losing that game to keep the gap. I do believe though that 4 more points will see us safe but in no way is it all done and dusted yet!
14:47, Tue 9 Apr
The games we have against the bottom teams wont be like the games against such teams so far this season because they will have to go for it and wont be able to sit back against us. This should give us more chances to score on the break.

Those teams will inevitably pick up more points than they have on average at this stage of the season but I reckon we will be fine. Saturday was a big win. Wihtout that I would be more nervous.

I could see QPR sinking though.
14:50, Tue 9 Apr
I'm not over confident at all. I am hopeful though.
14:52, Tue 9 Apr
Le Mod
Agreed, I thought Rotherham would win that one, I think they'll beat Boro at home too

We were probably the biggest surprise result at the weekend. The other teams will be saying I can't believe Birmingham won as well. 'Typical the week we won as well'.
Revere me.
15:02, Tue 9 Apr
The Reverend
Le Mod
Agreed, I thought Rotherham would win that one, I think they'll beat Boro at home too

We were probably the biggest surprise result at the weekend. The other teams will be saying I can't believe Birmingham won as well. 'Typical the week we won as well'.

We were the biggest price winners in England on Saturday apparently.
15:07, Tue 9 Apr
European Bob
The Reverend
Le Mod

Carlisle were definitely a bigger price
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
16:05, Tue 9 Apr
I just wonder who them shower of shite playing away to Rotherham want to lose tomorrow? Just asking after the thread about losing to derby on here last week
16:08, Tue 9 Apr
B13blues
We play like we have in our last 3 games we should have more than enough to win the games needed. What is a bit worrying is how we usually do against teams we should really beat. A run like the one last time we beat Leeds would be nice.

Not worrying at all. Out of the bottom 11 teams so 16 games played our record is
7 wins
6 draws
3 losses inc handball bolton loss
4 to play
So usually we win!!
16:23, Tue 9 Apr
Rab C Nesbitt
European Bob
The Reverend
Le Mod

Carlisle were definitely a bigger price

According to a betting page I follow, us and Oldham were biggest at 3/1. Burnley 11/4, then Carlisle at 12/5.
16:32, Tue 9 Apr
B13blues
We play like we have in our last 3 games we should have more than enough to win the games needed. What is a bit worrying is how we usually do against teams we should really beat. A run like the one last time we beat Leeds would be nice.

Not worrying at all. Out of the bottom 11 teams so 16 games played our record is
7 wins
6 draws
3 losses inc handball bolton loss
4 to play
So usually we win!!

This is confidence boosting stuff
18:47, Tue 9 Apr
b34blues
I just wonder who them shower of shite playing away to Rotherham want to lose tomorrow? Just asking after the thread about losing to derby on here last week

I don't think we need to rely on then beating Rotherham.
20:13, Tue 9 Apr
Le Mod
If we get 3 points then:

Rotherham would need 9 points from 6 games
Reading 8 points from 6
Milwall 8 points from 7
Wigan 7 points from 6
QPR 4 points from 6

It'd be take a statistical miracle I reckon.

1 or 2 points will be enough I think, I suspect we will get at least 7, we're a decent side that is well managed, with a red hot striker up front.
I’ll admit I’m really worried. It would be SO Blues to go down after the season we have had. I haven’t checked it, but, off the top of my head I reckon all of those teams have got at least that tally or in some cases quite a few more points from the appropriate number of their last 6/7 games that you have listed. Possible exception is QPR who seem to have been on a very bad run. And that’s BEFORE the last minute renaissance that the bottom teams always seem to have
20:37, Tue 9 Apr
Bluubalders
Le Mod
If we get 3 points then:

Rotherham would need 9 points from 6 games
Reading 8 points from 6
Milwall 8 points from 7
Wigan 7 points from 6
QPR 4 points from 6

It'd be take a statistical miracle I reckon.

1 or 2 points will be enough I think, I suspect we will get at least 7, we're a decent side that is well managed, with a red hot striker up front.
I’ll admit I’m really worried. It would be SO Blues to go down after the season we have had. I haven’t checked it, but, off the top of my head I reckon all of those teams have got at least that tally or in some cases quite a few more points from the appropriate number of their last 6/7 games that you have listed. Possible exception is QPR who seem to have been on a very bad run. And that’s BEFORE the last minute renaissance that the bottom teams always seem to have

Right - here it is. I was wrong - not all of them have got those points from their last 6/7 games:

Rotherham 9 from their last 6
Reading 10 from their last 6
Millwall 6 from their last 7
Wigan 5 from 6
QPR 2 from 6
It’s not THAT far off though, and if we lose to any of Rotherham, Reading or Wigan that would be very bad news..
12:53, Mon 15 Apr
Yes but Isnt our Gaz a football genius according to some folk on here so why's everyone worrying?
12:58, Mon 15 Apr
we are 100/1 to be relegated now..
12:59, Mon 15 Apr
Englishblue
we are 100/1 to be relegated now..

Worth a tenner
13:07, Mon 15 Apr
If you aren't confident that we'll stay up, then that means you're doubting Monk's ability as a manager.

Do you think he'll take us down?
13:14, Mon 15 Apr
If you aren't confident that we'll stay up, then that means you're doubting Monk's ability as a manager.

Would this claim of been valid in the Bruce and McLeish eras ?

If a manager is based on his ability to keep a team up, rather than include circumstances as well, the likes of Dyche must be rubbish managers then 🙄
13:19, Mon 15 Apr
We are only 5 points off the bottom 3 and everybody has their sun loungers out and drinking cocktails like we're safe. Doesn't everybody remember that we are the Blues and we never ever do anything simple! Till we are mathematically safe i for one wont even consider opening the shed to get my sun lounger and my cans of Strongbow will stay in the fridge till we can relax.

"Doesn't everybody remember that we are the Blues"

You're new at this aren't you ?

We aren't "the Blues" we are "Blues"

As a conceptual noun you can say "i'm off down the Blues" .. but you could never say "i'm off to see the Blues play" .. it is strictly "I'm off to see Blues play"