Musername
Rotherham have a horrible end to the season

villa (H)
Stoke (A)
Swansea (A)
Us (H)
WBA (A)
Boro (H)

I struggle to see where they get 6 points from out of those.

That is horrendous to be fair
13:29, Tue 9 Apr
Hopefully they'll have 3 of them in the first game
13:31, Tue 9 Apr
Looking at their recent results they haven't been terrible to be fair (the 6-1 bumming by Derby aside).
13:32, Tue 9 Apr
B13blues
So we were then?

Your definition of chasing the top 6 is different to mine.

You think it means inside or within the immediate vicinity of the top 6.

To me any team that isn't trying to stay up has the ambition of promotion.

Were we not in the top half all season before the deduction?

Apart from the teams that will neither go up or down. Aka mid table teams. Yes we were always in the top half but we were with Rowett as well, but we were never good enough to go up.

We probably weren't good enough to go up. I agree.

But it's what you try and achieve isn't it?

You don't tell your players to try and finish mid table..
13:33, Tue 9 Apr
Why thank you x
13:44, Tue 9 Apr
B13blues
So we were then?

Your definition of chasing the top 6 is different to mine.

You think it means inside or within the immediate vicinity of the top 6.

To me any team that isn't trying to stay up has the ambition of promotion.

Were we not in the top half all season before the deduction?

Apart from the teams that will neither go up or down. Aka mid table teams. Yes we were always in the top half but we were with Rowett as well, but we were never good enough to go up.

We probably weren't good enough to go up. I agree.

But it's what you try and achieve isn't it?

You don't tell your players to try and finish mid table..

Agree with that yes and I'm sure the players were looking at the table and thinking if they carried on playing as well they might get top 6. Injuries and suspensions were always going to hit us harder than other teams though.
13:54, Tue 9 Apr
By taking a leaf out of McLiesh's book.
They say I got brains but they ain't doin' me much good.
13:58, Tue 9 Apr
B13blues
Think we may need more than 3 points. Teams at the bottom normally find some form in the last few games. Rotherham beating Forest was something I didn't expect. We should be fine but then we shouldn't have gone down after the cup win either.

Heard a few people say that about Rotherham on Saturday but not sure why. Rotherham have won nearly three times the number of home games that Forest have won away. There was nothing particularly surprising about that result for me. Especially, as you say, teams at the bottom often improve in the closing weeks.
14:01, Tue 9 Apr
Would agree, in fact with our goal difference 3 more points may suffice.

However, a couple more wins would make things look far more respectable in terms of final position and stick two fingers up to the EFL.

Feck the EFL!
14:02, Tue 9 Apr
Agreed, I thought Rotherham would win that one, I think they'll beat Boro at home too
@LeMod1875
14:09, Tue 9 Apr
Yep. I had Rotherham 2-1 on an acca actually but was let down elsewhere!
I am not too concerned about Rotherham, more so because of our performance levels in the last three games, but if Rotherham take anything from a rampant Villa then it will mean they are capable of anything in the five games that follow.
Of course, we should be fine because we've only lost 13 of 40 matches so are clearly capable but, unlike others, I can see Rotherham going beyond our current total.
14:36, Tue 9 Apr
I don’t think it’s over yet as I do believe the teams below will pull out some suprise wins but I do think one more win see’s us looking pretty secure, the one game that does worry me slightly is Rotherham away as they are decent at home and will throw everything at us, we could do with not losing that game to keep the gap. I do believe though that 4 more points will see us safe but in no way is it all done and dusted yet!
14:47, Tue 9 Apr
The games we have against the bottom teams wont be like the games against such teams so far this season because they will have to go for it and wont be able to sit back against us. This should give us more chances to score on the break.

Those teams will inevitably pick up more points than they have on average at this stage of the season but I reckon we will be fine. Saturday was a big win. Wihtout that I would be more nervous.

I could see QPR sinking though.
14:50, Tue 9 Apr
I'm not over confident at all. I am hopeful though.
14:52, Tue 9 Apr
Le Mod
Agreed, I thought Rotherham would win that one, I think they'll beat Boro at home too

We were probably the biggest surprise result at the weekend. The other teams will be saying I can't believe Birmingham won as well. 'Typical the week we won as well'.
Revere me.