17:09, Fri 12 Apr
Why ever not?

Take their money and do feck all to contribute to Witton. You could disrupt training sessions, score a record number of own goals, get perpetually sent off, bring the game into disrepute, disable Greasy in training or just say you were stuck at home every day because the electric gates wouldn't open.

What's not to like?
21:57, Fri 12 Apr
cowinbovril
I remember Denis Law doing exactly that for Man City to send United down in the 70s.

Which ‘United’ was it?
"we don't even know why we're here - we're all just wandering around, doing daft things, killing time, until we die; that's why Frisbee's been invented..." (Karl Pilkington 2013)
22:05, Fri 12 Apr
Made in Daegu
cowinbovril
I remember Denis Law doing exactly that for Man City to send United down in the 70s.

Which ‘United’ was it?
Not Man United.
It's a myth.
I know that and wasn't born
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
22:17, Fri 12 Apr
No, i wouldn’t be happy if the same happened and a ‘Madine’ signed for us but if he quickly began to bang in the goals....well, I think ‘water under the bridge’ is the phrase!!
"we don't even know why we're here - we're all just wandering around, doing daft things, killing time, until we die; that's why Frisbee's been invented..." (Karl Pilkington 2013)
22:21, Fri 12 Apr
ClarkOut
Anyone who says they wouldn't play for the vile for £20k+ a week is deluded.

Perhaps i'm deluded then ? I would be never sign for Aston Villa Football club .

I like the cut of yer jib
Villa can eff off
22:22, Fri 12 Apr
WorcsAzul
Why ever not?

Take their money and do feck all to contribute to Witton. You could disrupt training sessions, score a record number of own goals, get perpetually sent off, bring the game into disrepute, disable Greasy in training or just say you were stuck at home every day because the electric gates wouldn't open.

What's not to like?
Having to wear a dirty claret and blue shit rag every day ?
22:23, Fri 12 Apr
WorcsAzul
Why ever not?

What's not to like?
Having to wear a dirty claret and blue shit rag every day ?
11:51, Sun 14 Apr
Bollox. If you were that good at football and Villa offered you £10K a week you, me and everyone else on here would do it, FACT. Or are you saying you prefer your office job / factory job / driving job on a fraction of the money?

Regards Madine, I actually think he might be a good signing for the Blues if (as looks likely) Adams goes in the Summer. Good track record in this division, big and powerful would compliment Juke, and we could probably afford him as well.
12:49, Sun 14 Apr
More of a replacement for Juke than Che. Too expensive with Juke already here imo
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
12:53, Sun 14 Apr
montypenguin
Bollox. If you were that good at football and Villa offered you £10K a week you, me and everyone else on here would do it, FACT. Or are you saying you prefer your office job / factory job / driving job on a fraction of the money?

Regards Madine, I actually think he might be a good signing for the Blues if (as looks likely) Adams goes in the Summer. Good track record in this division, big and powerful would compliment Juke, and we could probably afford him as well.

It’s a pointless quiestion though, if I were that good that villa offered me 10k there would be loads of other clubs offering me good money too.

It wouldn’t be a choice of villa or 9-5.
17:36, Sun 14 Apr
If I was on 20k a week at Blues and Villa offered me 40k I’d be out the door.

If you’re a professional footballer you’d be far too wrapped up your own business and wanting to maximise your earnings in what is in reality a short career to really care about club rivalries.

It’s a job to them just like any other.
18:36, Sun 14 Apr
I wouldn't move to them in those circumstances.
I'm Blues.
18:45, Sun 14 Apr
ClarkOut
This. It annoys me when people say there's no loyalty in the game now. People will go where the money is, and there's a hell of a lot more money in football nowadays. Anyone who says they wouldn't play for the vile for £20k+ a week is deluded.

Feck greasy jack up in training, own goals, defensive lapses and missing sitters. What's not to like?