04:21, Sun 14 Apr
Now normally I couldn’t care less for the opposition fans but I genuinely felt an accord with the Ipswich fans today. They have had a terrible season, got relegated today and still sang and cheered the whole way through. They reminded me of us to an extent, I felt for them, but thought their support was excellent.

Ipswich is a shithole though.
06:41, Sun 14 Apr
Apart from them singing "Super Jack Grealish" at us though

[www.twtd.co.uk]
08:40, Sun 14 Apr
Anyone remember them in the late 70s early 80s trying to adopt keep right on as their anthem?
Radavis
Now normally I couldn’t care less for the opposition fans but I genuinely felt an accord with the Ipswich fans today. They have had a terrible season, got relegated today and still sang and cheered the whole way through. They reminded me of us to an extent, I felt for them, but thought their support was excellent.

Normally i would have empathy but not for this lot. why? Because they hounded out mick mccarthy who did his best without a bean and got them to 12th, yes 12th. Thats higher than where we would be now even with our 9 points given back to us.

i think they would like to be 12th now but instead its league 1.
Be careful what you wish for!!
Yep, feck em.
13:21, Sun 14 Apr
Don't know your age but Ipswich fans were guilty of disgusting chants towards us after the Birmingham pub bombings so feck em hope they suffer!
13:25, Sun 14 Apr
I have no sympathy towards any team whatsoever, I support blues so don’t care about anyone else
13:28, Sun 14 Apr
The song you are referring to wasen’t aimed at us, they used to sing it all the time back then. Very distaseful all the same considering what was happenning in them days. Spurs fans 2 days after thebombs were ....holes though !
DES
13:29, Sun 14 Apr
No need for that last line, no city in Uk looks worse than Brum to visiting fans, the old bill bring them up through the back streets of digbeth before they arrive in beautiful bordesley!
Kro
13:52, Sun 14 Apr
DES
DES
No need for that last line, no city in Uk looks worse than Brum to visiting fans, the old bill bring them up through the back streets of digbeth before they arrive in beautiful bordesley!
Kro

Agreed Des, Birmingham in parts is not nice, find it a bit rich when our lot look down their noses at other cities.

Still love old Brum thou
14:02, Sun 14 Apr
Acker
Don't know your age but Ipswich fans were guilty of disgusting chants towards us after the Birmingham pub bombings so feck em hope they suffer!

How many of those ipswich fans (and it couldnt have been all of them) singing that in 74 are even alive now let alone at the game yesterday?

Not quite sure how you align them with todays ipswich fanbase and want them to suffer for it? Illogical that is!

anyway, my lack of sympathy for ipswich is because a lot of their fanbase wanted mick out after finishing midtable without any money and now look whwre they are.
14:06, Sun 14 Apr
Just a thought but maybe the fans realise that Birmingham fans hate Villa. My Villa supporting friend hates Birmingham as much as we hate Norwich.

They really think that the Norwich/ Ipswich rivalry compares to the Blues/ Villa.
PAH!
Agreed.

Plus it's not as if we haven't sung erm, uncomplimentary songs before about the opposition
DES
17:24, Sun 14 Apr
Mr Blue Sky
DES
Kro

Agreed Des, Birmingham in parts is not nice, find it a bit rich when our lot look down their noses at other cities.

Still love old Brum thou
Me too blue sky! I would never take shit from an outsider about brum, but between ourselves is different!
Kro
18:09, Sun 14 Apr

They used to sing IRA but apparently it was a reference to the Ipswich Republican Army,Blues used to lose it with them(understandably).

All English clubs despised the IRA and I'm inclined to believe their fans were just a bit thick and naive.

They've never been that type of club IMHO.

Can anyone remember them singing KRO too ? 😁.
19:04, Sun 14 Apr
Greebo joe
The song you are referring to wasen’t aimed at us, they used to sing it all the time back then. Very distaseful all the same considering what was happenning in them days. Spurs fans 2 days after thebombs were ....holes though !

My pal went to that match and he said Blues fans went mental at spurs. After the match chucking spurs fans through shop windows and some of the Blues were police cadets. Not sure if to believe it all but I can imagine Blues fans going on the rampage with that provocation
19:12, Sun 14 Apr
Was there myself, going off all through the game as we were sandwiched on both sides by spurs fans. Mayhem afterwards too.
19:54, Sun 14 Apr
Anyone remember them in the late 70s early 80s trying to adopt keep right on as their anthem?
they were singing it early 70s when we lost 4-2, Goodwin out!
Bordesley not Small Heath
Radavis

Normally i would have empathy but not for this lot. why? Because they hounded out mick mccarthy who did his best without a bean and got them to 12th, yes 12th. Thats higher than where we would be now even with our 9 points given back to us.

i think they would like to be 12th now but instead its league 1.
Be careful what you wish for!!

I would genuinely prefer blues to go out of existence than have Mick McCarthy for manager.
DB
20:37, Sun 14 Apr
Mental opinion.
The Usual Suspect