10:41, Tue 14 May
Greyworm is a fighter though, not a thinker - without Daenarys the baby killer telling him what to do he might be lost. This last episode was really all about him getting revenge for Missandei. I wouldn't be at all surprised if him and Jon get to it next week.

The Dothraki are interesting - I wonder if the fact that they were so weakened by their decimation in the battle at Winterfell will prove to be telling? That might end up being the point of that slaughter.

I don't see an ending in which Dany survives though.
10:42, Tue 14 May
LH_4
Greyworm also seems like he will remain loyal. Judging from the glances he was giving Jon during the battle, I think those two will have a straightener next week.

If Dany dies though, what about the Dothraki, Unsullied, the dragon etc? Surely there'd be some sort of reaction.

I thought that at some point, Dany would reveal she is pregnant with Jon's child.. Although it's probably too late for that now.

Dany can't have any children.
10:45, Tue 14 May
Jon can control the dragon so that shouldn't be a big issue.

We don't know how many of her troops are left. Jon has the support of the north and they've got plenty in reserve. Daeny may realise she's in a hopeless position and decide to feck off and leave Westeros to the Starks.
Luckily, the amount of heroin I use is harmless. I inject about once a month on a purely recreational basis. Fine. But what about other people less stable, less educated, less middle-class than me? Builders or blacks for example. If you're one of those, my advice to you is leave well alone. Good luck.
10:49, Tue 14 May
Musername
LH_4
Greyworm also seems like he will remain loyal. Judging from the glances he was giving Jon during the battle, I think those two will have a straightener next week.

If Dany dies though, what about the Dothraki, Unsullied, the dragon etc? Surely there'd be some sort of reaction.

I thought that at some point, Dany would reveal she is pregnant with Jon's child.. Although it's probably too late for that now.

Dany can't have any children.

As told by the witch she burned... however!!!
10:51, Tue 14 May
With this episode the show became the new Lost, a brilliant show at the start. WTF by the end.

The fact she became "the mad queen" isn't the issue, it's how quickly it occured and without reason and with all the character change of a hammer blow to the face.

In all previous season her decisions have had a logic behind them, she has killed those who have refused to bend the knee or serve, or those whom she saw as evil such as the slave traders of Mereen and Yunkai. Her confidence in her righteousness and a deep belief that evil needs to vanquished led her to push the bounds of morality yes, but in conviction that her noble ends justified the means.

At no point has she demonstrated a kind of genocidal insanity, a need to kill civilians indiscriminately. The problem with “The Bells” is not that Daenerys became a villain, per se as it makes perfect sense, in the long view. The problem is the execution of it. Season 7 she says "i do not want to be queen of ashes" in season 4 or 5 she says if she wanted to kill everyone she could take her dragons and take the city now, but she'd not be queen if she did this.

2 episodes ago she literally puts everything on the line to save the world, only for Kings landing to surrender and her just go "LOL, only bants. Burn them all". Had the people turned on her, who thrown stones at her or rejected her is 1 thing, had Cersie ran into the street and she became engolfed in rage burning them to get to her is another, but after they surrender. The city was hers, the throne was hers. There is no justification for it other than "just cos" and because the plot dictates it, as has been the issue for most of season 7 and 8.

Its like taking walter white in season 1 having him as the "one who knocks" by the start of season 2.

It wasnt just her arc, jamies "redemption" arc abanaded so quickly, again it makes sense but the sudden turn was out of place, the conveniant by chance meeting between him and Euros aswell. Ayra coming all that way then turning around "yeah, ok byeeeeee".

It's a shame as the episode was beautiful shot and scored with some wonderful acting, Clarke herself doing so much with so little
10:51, Tue 14 May
I thought she could but just with a Targaryan?

I think the deformity comes from having a child with a none-Targ.
10:54, Tue 14 May
Yep, couldn't have said it better myself.
10:54, Tue 14 May
With this episode the show became the new Lost, a brilliant show at the start. WTF by the end.

The fact she became "the mad queen" isn't the issue, it's how quickly it occured and without reason and with all the character change of a hammer blow to the face.

In all previous season her decisions have had a logic behind them, she has killed those who have refused to bend the knee or serve, or those whom she saw as evil such as the slave traders of Mereen and Yunkai. Her confidence in her righteousness and a deep belief that evil needs to vanquished led her to push the bounds of morality yes, but in conviction that her noble ends justified the means.

At no point has she demonstrated a kind of genocidal insanity, a need to kill civilians indiscriminately. The problem with “The Bells” is not that Daenerys became a villain, per se as it makes perfect sense, in the long view. The problem is the execution of it. Season 7 she says "i do not want to be queen of ashes" in season 4 or 5 she says if she wanted to kill everyone she could take her dragons and take the city now, but she'd not be queen if she did this.

2 episodes ago she literally puts everything on the line to save the world, only for Kings landing to surrender and her just go "LOL, only bants. Burn them all". Had the people turned on her, who thrown stones at her or rejected her is 1 thing, had Cersie ran into the street and she became engolfed in rage burning them to get to her is another, but after they surrender. The city was hers, the throne was hers. There is no justification for it other than "just cos" and because the plot dictates it, as has been the issue for most of season 7 and 8.

Its like taking walter white in season 1 having him as the "one who knocks" by the start of season 2.

It wasnt just her arc, jamies "redemption" arc abanaded so quickly, again it makes sense but the sudden turn was out of place, the conveniant by chance meeting between him and Euros aswell. Ayra coming all that way then turning around "yeah, ok byeeeeee".

It's a shame as the episode was beautiful shot and scored with some wonderful acting, Clarke herself doing so much with so little

You say : "'Ere thrice the sun done salutation to the dawn"
And you claim these words as your own
But I've read well, and I've heard them said
A hundred times (maybe less, maybe more)
If you must write prose/poems
The words you use should be your own
Don't plagiarise or take "on loan"

[www.vox.com]
Luckily, the amount of heroin I use is harmless. I inject about once a month on a purely recreational basis. Fine. But what about other people less stable, less educated, less middle-class than me? Builders or blacks for example. If you're one of those, my advice to you is leave well alone. Good luck.
10:55, Tue 14 May
The Dothraki and Unsullied numbers seem to fluctuate every week. It'll probably just be Greyworm left come Monday.
10:56, Tue 14 May
In the last couple of episodes she found out her lover is her nephew, he's got a better right to the throne, the people of the north will never love her, she lost a "child", her best mate got beheaded in front of her, her advisors don't trust her anymore and her nephew now won't bone her. Put her in charge of a nuclear weapon and it all came to the surface and she flipped. People go postal for less in real life.
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
11:00, Tue 14 May
😁
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
11:04, Tue 14 May
Daenarys' leap off the edge is perfectly understandable.

All the way through she has been convinced of her right and destiny to take the throne - that's what has driven her. She has put everything into that and never doubted that it will happen.

Then, she finds out she actually is not the rightful heir...

Again, that wouldn't have been a problem because Jon would probably have "accidentally" walked into one at some point and nobody else would have been any the wiser. But then...she finds out that everybody - or at least a lot of important people - knows, so her dream is effed.

That's why she killed Varys and that's why she torched King's Landing. She was prepared to kill everybody in the city including her own troops on the ground to bury the secret leaving her only with Sansa to tidy up.

That's how I see it anyway.
11:04, Tue 14 May
LH_4
The Dothraki and Unsullied numbers seem to fluctuate every week. It'll probably just be Greyworm left come Monday.

Ha!!! yeah, true enough.
11:29, Tue 14 May
The trouble though is that I've not seen many people have an issue with her descending into madness, but how it was done. In both the books and the show there have been underlying signs of the darkness but decisions made were backed up by a logic and reasoning to justify those actions.

They had 7 seasons to slowly turn the character but this isnt what they chose to do. Instead they built the character as a hero (of sorts) then to knock this down is not unheard of, think Walter White, but Breaking Bads changes were subtle, where his decisions were moulded by what has come before as opposed to seemingly be done because "shock and awe".

The decision should have been so much more rewarding, inherently more subtle, Breaking Bad was the expert at getting you to go along with terrible deed and consequence and still have you cheering the character on. Game of Thrones did that at the start full of anti hereos but in this instance as a viewer it took me out of the action during the very moment the show wanted me to comprehend the consequences of her dark turn, to feel the fear and panic on the streets, to see the perspective of the victim and show me that War is horror.

It did nothing of the sort.
11:49, Tue 14 May
Legal_Bluenose
What about the mute knight? He's still on the list.

Melisandre prophesied that Arya Stark would close three pairs of eyes: one blue, one brown and one green. She's done the brown and the blue so it's green left.

Don't know what happened to Ilyn Payne. Weren't he sent away in the first or second season by Tyrion?

Think Dany is the only one left with green eyes now. Although doesn't Drogon have green eyes? Maybe Arya will take him out. Did she even use that weapon that Gendry made for her?