10:44, Mon 13 May
Scoobers
He's done a brilliant job in my opinion, hardly anyone in and a few out under a dodgy board

They had a dodgy board 20 years ago, but the current owner has stuck £300m of his own money in. I wish we had a dodgy board like that!
10:45, Mon 13 May
I think Scoobers is talking about Potter...
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
10:47, Mon 13 May
number8
I think Scoobers is talking about Potter...

Ah - apologies. My mistake.
10:50, Mon 13 May
Spike
Tall
Thst said I've seen a number of their matches in the last few months and the lack of ambition has been shocking.

I genuinely think that's the problem.

He had spent a decent amount of money, and yet they were in freefall...2 wins in 23 I think.

And the last couple of months he's barely had the balls to bring them out of the dressing room never mind their own half.
That’s it.
You’d think we’d understand tbf. McLeish won a Cup but the way you play is very important in keeping fans happy. Hughton has played turgid stuff.
Bruce and Rowett here too, had many bored stiff
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
10:57, Mon 13 May
Rab C Nesbitt
Spike
Tall
Thst said I've seen a number of their matches in the last few months and the lack of ambition has been shocking.

He had spent a decent amount of money, and yet they were in freefall...2 wins in 23 I think.

And the last couple of months he's barely had the balls to bring them out of the dressing room never mind their own half.
That’s it.
You’d think we’d understand tbf. McLeish won a Cup but the way you play is very important in keeping fans happy. Hughton has played turgid stuff.

The thing for me is that it’s not his nature to play that way. He likes his team’s to play good, progressive, attacking football. I assume he had to try and find a way to stop the rot and did so the best way he knew how... and kept them up.

McLeish was purely a negative manager. The season he got us promoted, we should’ve won the league and scraped second after a season of negative football.
11:09, Mon 13 May
Didn't Warnock speak over the weekend about moving on from Cardiff?
He's had a tough one on and off the pitch, he might ant a change of scenery

He might want one last Championship club job before he retires.
12:33, Mon 13 May
Scoobers
I can understand the decision as they've barely won a corner since Christmas. Like with every manager sacking it's who they appoint now that's key

This is the thing. I'm not sure Brighton should be expecting more than they've acheived. If they've sacked him because they think they were sliding backwards under him, then okay. But if they're going for more exciting football/think they haven't progessed enough, things may go very wrong.
12:36, Mon 13 May
I can see a scenario playing out where Baggies lose the play-offs, recruit Garry Monk and then Houghton ends up back at Blues. Just saying....
12:36, Mon 13 May
I think it's the fact they were making a McLeish side look like Barcelona and still only drawing at best overall. If they were scraping a few wins I think he'd still be there. Three wins out of twenty plus games tells me they've hit the proverbial brick wall.
13:17, Mon 13 May
Argyle is his natural home. Virtually lives on the pitch.
13:26, Mon 13 May
Well the bookies have Potter odds-on for the Brighton job.

I hope we don't lose Monk and if you look at the stats, Hughton has much more managerial experience and a far better win ratio. Sure he choked over the last few months at BHA but he'd be a good fit for the Baggies if they don't go up and is arguably a better candidate than Monk.
13:32, Mon 13 May
I'm not even worried about Monk leaving this pre-season, I don't think there's any chance of it happening, can definitely see Hughton to WBA though. Monk wont go there whilst they'e in the Championship and I don't think they'd go for him in the unlikely event they went up.
@LeMod1875
13:39, Mon 13 May
Rab C Nesbitt
Spike
Tall

That’s it.

Thing is, McLeish got us our highest ever prem finish and won us only our second ever major honour. Bruce got two promotions and kept us in the prem for four consecutive seasons. Rowett turned us from being a basket case into a club chasing the playoffs.
13:41, Mon 13 May
Hughton or Monk ?

Hughton for me, places good football and some of the best I've seen at Blues for a long time.
13:41, Mon 13 May
Hughton is the best/obvious choice. Monk's biggest success was several years ago in keeping Swansea up. Whilst he's done a good job with us given the circumstances, he hasn't yet acheived anything as solid as promotion. Hughton has. Several times. Sadly for Hughton I think he'll probably now get the Warnock tag. Sought after by those chasing promotion and but quickly despensed with in the prem.