10:28, Thu 16 May
He's done okay this season all things considered and he's not half as bad as some people go on but yes if we've got any sort of hope of challenging for top 6, he needs upgrading.
10:47, Thu 16 May
Squatnose
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Yes, huge necessity. Camp seems a nice guy and he has a cult status we can all laugh at, but he's the worst keeper we have had since Gosney. An absolute liability, I'm afraid.

Worst since Colin Doyle maybe. And we've had Bart Griemink since Gosney too. I really don't get this constant reference to Gosney every time this topic comes up. Yes he was in goal for the Swindon 4-6 game but he wasn't responsible for our capitulation that day. In fact I can only really recall one goal at home to Cambridge (scored by Steve Claridge) that he was at fault for.

You're trying to argue Gosney wasn't that bad?

Spike, get the guitar...
10:53, Thu 16 May
Gosney played 21 games for us as part of a pretty shit team.

All I'm saying is I find it odd that people make this judgement that he was the worst ever based on so little evidence. I've mentioned a howler he made against Cambridge, and that he was not responsible for the Swindon debacle. So please, refresh my fading memory and tell me which other games in his 21 appearances for us were so dreadful? I'm not suggesting he was an earlier incarnation of Joe Hart, but I'm genuinely puzzled by the level of vilification that exists for a player who barely featured for us!
10:59, Thu 16 May
Squatnose

All I'm saying is I find it odd that people make this judgement that he was the worst ever based on so little evidence. I've mentioned a howler he made against Cambridge, and that he was not responsible for the Swindon debacle. So please, refresh my fading memory and tell me which other games in his 21 appearances for us were so dreadful? I'm not suggesting he was an earlier incarnation of Joe Hart, but I'm genuinely puzzled by the level of vilification that exists for a player who barely featured for us!

He was an abomination. And he was partially culpable for the Swindon game. I’m not going to pretend I have a microscopic recall of games from 2 decades ago nor go looking for links on YouTube but I have genuinely never heard another Blues fan defend him. More power to you.
11:06, Thu 16 May
Why settle for mediocrity, we should be looking for a very good goalkeeper!!!
11:14, Thu 16 May
He was easily the worst keeper I have ever seen in a Blues shirt over 44 years. Couldn't catch, couldn't communicate, floppy wrists and even his kicking was shite. Not one redeeming feature.
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
11:17, Thu 16 May
Richard Kingson would like a word.............
11:21, Thu 16 May
Kingson was a small sample size though - albeit he did do his best to fit as many WTF moments in as he could.

Knocked himself out by smacking his head off the post at Blackburn and then the Porstmouth "Where did that ball that was hit straight at me go to?" incident.
11:55, Thu 16 May
Just hope weaver signing a new contract doesent mean we wont be looking for a new keeper.we desperately need a new keeper .KRO
12:21, Thu 16 May
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Squatnose

He was an abomination. And he was partially culpable for the Swindon game. I’m not going to pretend I have a microscopic recall of games from 2 decades ago nor go looking for links on YouTube but I have genuinely never heard another Blues fan defend him. More power to you.

At no point have I said he was great! Just that I struggle to recall a catalogue of cock-ups like we could do for Colin Doyle, Bart Griemink or Tony Godden, or as we keep hearing, from Lee Camp. I remember mistakes from otherwise reliable keepers like Thomas, Benno, Taylor, even going back as far as Jim Blyth. All keepers make them (look at De Gea this season!). Goalkeeping cock-ups tend to stick in the memory, but aside from the Cambridge goal where he let the ball sail over his head, hit the bar and bounce in off his shoulder, I honestly can't recall any great debate during Gosney's 21 games of the urgent need for a new keeper. Maybe it's because the rest of the team was so shite that it masked his own deficiencies? I honestly don't know. Maybe he was just as generally shit as you describe but he got away with it because we didn't concede when we should have done?
15:07, Thu 16 May
Camp is what he is, an average Championship goalkeeper. There's nothing wrong with this per say but as others have referenced we've been blessed with above average goalkeepers for a while. Taylor, Foster, Hart, Butland, Randolph etc etc etc that an average championship goalkeeper seems like a downgrade

Westwood is a great gk but he's staying at sheff weds, unless we could get an experienced guy on loan or free/cheap im not sure there's an improvement out at this point
15:37, Thu 16 May
Camp looked world class compared to Casilla last night
15:39, Thu 16 May
Chelè
We need a keeper even if it's just to provide proper competition for Camp.

We've got one proper keeper and he's in his mid 30s and very average.

If Camp gets sent off we've got a DVB kid in goal.

This. Camp is fine for back-up, but if you want to be a top 6 team we need to start designing a top 6 team, and that starts in goal.
Dong Ren Out.
15:43, Thu 16 May
I kind of agree, it's an easy position to find an improvement but we need to prioritise a ball playing midfielder for the 47th consecutive seaaon.
Revere me.