Yet some of the professional sports broadcasters, such as Mark Chapman, are excellent pundits. In many cases far better than the ex-pros often. And Chapman covers a number of sports in the same way. It's helpful to have the insight of ex-pros in some instances but I think their input is over rated.

I especially think Carragher is poor.
08:40, Wed 12 Jun
Chapman.......good old Chappers is just another element of the laddish, all down the pub bantz that excludes genuine analysis and is loved by all the sports broadcasters.

Ironically, the most blokeish sport, boxing, has the most astute analysts...not the commentators so much
08:42, Wed 12 Jun
Fat Buddha
Chapman.......good old Chappers is just another element of the laddish, all down the pub bantz that excludes genuine analysis and is loved by all the sports broadcasters.

Ironically, the most blokeish sport, boxing, has the most astute analysts...not the commentators so much

Sky pundits are fecking awful for boxing IMO. Only good when Paulie Malignaggi is on.
09:08, Wed 12 Jun
Mark Chapman is great. Enthusiastic, Knowledgable, Likeable. Ticks all the boxes.
09:09, Wed 12 Jun
👍
10:15, Wed 12 Jun
I don't like him
10:19, Wed 12 Jun
Malignaggi is fantastic, Macklin is good, George Groves was very good when they had him on.

Froch is a bit crap, not a fan of Nelson or Bellew either.

Mixed bag
10:24, Wed 12 Jun
The little Welsh fella, name escapes me for a minute Barry summat is really good as is that yam yam, whose me also escapes me for a minute
10:40, Wed 12 Jun
Richie Woodhall?
10:42, Wed 12 Jun
That's the bastard
10:43, Wed 12 Jun
Le Mod
Froch is a bit crap, not a fan of Nelson or Bellew either.

Mixed bag

I really like Johnny Nelson, but I think that's more that I love his back-story.

Bellew I have always thought was an arsehole generally.

Froch passes me by.
10:45, Wed 12 Jun
Spike

Froch passes me by.

He passed me by outside a chippy in Burton Joyce the other day. Nice car.
10:55, Wed 12 Jun
Richie Woodhall quite often passes me by in his Evoque with a WBA number plate as he lives near where I work.

He's mates with the lads at the local garage, I went there one day and his car was parked outside - I knew whose it was.

I went in and said loudly "Bloody hell lads, I've had to park miles away because some Albion tosser has parked like a right nob out there..."

Woodhall spun round, looked at me...and burst out laughing. Which was a relief and better than the alternative of a three-punch combination...
10:56, Wed 12 Jun
Fat Buddha
The little Welsh fella, name escapes me for a minute Barry summat is really good as is that yam yam, whose me also escapes me for a minute
Barry Jones
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
11:51, Wed 12 Jun
No interest in women's football

LOTS of interest in women pundits though
Into The Shadows playing live at...

28th September - Evesham Arts Centre
15th November - Brewhouse Arts Centre, Burton

[open.spotify.com]