17:01, Wed 19 Jun
Due to close this weekend, having been sold to developers. There’s a few of us Saturday regulars going in tomorrow night for a few farewell drinks. Come on down to pay your respects to the best boozer in Digbeth. Kro
17:03, Wed 19 Jun
That’s a shame, surely they aren’t knocking it down? Flats?
17:08, Wed 19 Jun
Officially listed, but I hear that they are using it as a site office for the development of that block, and I fear that when the developers have finished, it will remain boarded up for a couple of years. This will be followed by a mysterious fire, leaving the shell to be demolished land the land free for another block of flats squeezed into the corner.
Seen it all before with the Fox & Grapes and others.
17:10, Wed 19 Jun
Proper old boozer had some great times in there and the back room
17:15, Wed 19 Jun
This is very disappointing news. Quite liked going in there after the game and listening to the low volume jukebox. I'll miss it.
@stevanderman
17:17, Wed 19 Jun
Yes, great old boozer, gutted
17:22, Wed 19 Jun
Great looking old boozer that is
17:24, Wed 19 Jun
Went in a couple of Saturdays back, San Miguel was awful and it was full of dicks in Liverpool shirts before the Champions League Final.
Shame it’s shutting, still
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
17:52, Wed 19 Jun
The bitter is usually good in there, I can’t vouch for the lager
19:46, Wed 19 Jun
One of the best boozers anywhere never mind Digbeth. A terrible shame.
19:49, Wed 19 Jun
I even more upset about this than the Monk sacking
21:13, Wed 19 Jun
Go Home Bodger
That’s a shame, surely they aren’t knocking it down? Flats?

Sad times .. used it for years through the 80s & 90s as my pal Andys family had the pub back then ..Agnes was a proper landlady runnig a great boozer

Proper lock ins in that back room with a load of great Irish lads 👍🏻
21:15, Wed 19 Jun
'Sad times .. used it for years through the 80s & 90s'

three decades on now pal.
21:33, Wed 19 Jun
flamingo
Officially listed, but I hear that they are using it as a site office for the development of that block, and I fear that when the developers have finished, it will remain boarded up for a couple of years. This will be followed by a mysterious fire, leaving the shell to be demolished land the land free for another block of flats squeezed into the corner.
Seen it all before with the Fox & Grapes and others.

Fox and Grapes was different. Land was taken by HS2 and on inspection the building was found to be incredibly unsafe so they had no option to demolish for public safety.

Was a listed building so the relevant authorities all had to inspect and reluctantly agreed it was the right thing to do.
23:01, Wed 19 Jun
Me too bud ☹️