16:46, Thu 11 Jul
Crossing our fingers will be pretty complacent in a game predominantly played with the hands.
Revere me.
16:48, Thu 11 Jul
Was that actually real?
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
Rab C Nesbitt
Can someone put a link up showing all those who were calling us perennial bottlers a few games ago, please?

There was a lot of panic before the last two group games. As I said then, England were almost certain to win the tournament. So it’s proven. Bowling wins test matches. Ultimately destructive batting will win you one day games more often than not.
You’re a beautiful and knowledgeable human, y’know 😉
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
18:02, Thu 11 Jul
I think his modesty is his strongest trait.
18:09, Thu 11 Jul
200 won't be easy today to get batting second

🙈
18:11, Thu 11 Jul
Never been more pleased to be wrong 👍

Plus final is live on Channel 4
18:27, Thu 11 Jul
Me too.

I'm continually reminded of how much I under-estimate this England team.

It comes from witnessing decades of one-day failures.

This team is different.
18:32, Thu 11 Jul
You'll be pleased to know as much as today and the team are fantastic I'm still cautious re Sunday. Any team with Boult and Williamson in, especially at Lords, should not be underestimated
18:34, Thu 11 Jul
New Zealand were my dark horses, Can t wait for sunday.
18:40, Thu 11 Jul
The thing about New Zealand is they need their best 3 or 4 players to perform, as the rest are decent but not match winners.

England have so much strength in depth by comparison.

Take your point though.
18:45, Thu 11 Jul
England win 3 times out of 4 for me. Let’s hope Sunday is one of the 3
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
18:47, Thu 11 Jul
I agree, it's just on the day you never know.

Archer is just superb, best England qualified bowler I have seen in a long time. That one ball to Carey alone I think means he's in the Ashes starting line up too now barring injury
19:30, Thu 11 Jul
Rab C Nesbitt
Can someone put a link up showing all those who were calling us perennial bottlers a few games ago, please?

There was a lot of panic before the last two group games. As I said then, England were almost certain to win the tournament. So it’s proven. Bowling wins test matches. Ultimately destructive batting will win you one day games more often than not.

I hope you got on that 9/1
@Bluewurst1875
19:37, Thu 11 Jul
The knuckle ball he did Maxwell with was genius too.

Maxwell was still blaming the pitch as he walked off, completely unaware that he'd been duped.