“Ama Zulu”

“Oh is that right? I’m a Glaswegian! “ 😂😂

Absolute Gold
22:51, Thu 11 Jul
What a loss Rik Mayali is , taken way too soon RIP ☹️
23:49, Thu 11 Jul
Meadey
There were some good band performances as well ... Motörhead, Madness , 9 below zero
The Damned also were on
Rip Rig + Panic, “You're My Kind of Climate”Ken Bishop's Nice Twelve, “Subterranean Homesick Blues”Madness, “House of Fun”Dexys Midnight Runners, “Jackie Wilson Said”Motörhead, “Ace of Spades”

quick google to see who else appeared on the set, I remember dexys but not rip rig and panic.
SPG was my favourite character on the show, didn't watch auf wiedersien but loved the Kenny Everett show especially the dancers.
09:59, Fri 12 Jul
Saw them at Cov Apollo do the live show, 'The Young Ones and Kevin Turvey'
Met them after the show and they were just the same off stage as they were on.
10:56, Fri 12 Jul
"even mindless violence is boring"

I remember being told off my a teacher when he caught me in the corridor doing my Neal impression. "Rik you bloody liar, you said you done it to her".

A couple of years ago I was in Orleans. The owner was a massive fan of Bottom but hadn't heard of the Young Ones. I don't think he did any work for the rest of the night, he was too busy on YouTube.
Luckily, the amount of heroin I use is harmless. I inject about once a month on a purely recreational basis. Fine. But what about other people less stable, less educated, less middle-class than me? Builders or blacks for example. If you're one of those, my advice to you is leave well alone. Good luck.
11:48, Fri 12 Jul
🤣

I bet he was crying with laughter

Adds to my theory that every fan had a character they would “do”. Hence four of us in the pub quoting episode by episode.

“Rah rah rah, we’re going to smash the oiks”

I bet people will be even identifying which series, maybe even episodes

BTW, mayalls Turvey was brilliant.

“Oi Turvey, give us your legs you bastard”
@Bluewurst1875
11:56, Fri 12 Jul
Turvey was genius. Even now when I mention Redditch you can guarantee you'll hear my wife mutter "red ditches, full of blood".
Luckily, the amount of heroin I use is harmless. I inject about once a month on a purely recreational basis. Fine. But what about other people less stable, less educated, less middle-class than me? Builders or blacks for example. If you're one of those, my advice to you is leave well alone. Good luck.
12:06, Fri 12 Jul
My favourite scene was the one with Vyv and Mike in the garden, I can't remember it word for word like I used to but it was something like:

Err Mike...

Don't use my real name Vyv...never know who's listening...

Oh, ok...errmmm Andrea?

Yes Vyv?

Do you think ants go to discos?...

Dunno Vyv, why?

Cuz that one over there is wearing a boob tube...

/cut to the shot of an ant wearing a glittery boob tube...

Like most things in The Young Ones it was just so random and stupid it creased me up.
12:11, Fri 12 Jul
Probably the last time I heard the phrase "Total sp az mo" on TV
12:21, Fri 12 Jul
Ha, I was lying, and you fell for it like the fascists you are.

God, I’m bored, I might as well be listening to Genesis

😀
@Bluewurst1875
12:22, Fri 12 Jul
Turvey was genius. Even now when I mention Redditch you can guarantee you'll hear my wife mutter "red ditches, full of blood".

🤣
@Bluewurst1875
12:28, Fri 12 Jul
Kevin Turvey was brilliant.

The Young Ones was incredible, I really liked Bottom too. Whenever my mate gives me a tip for a shit racehorse I always say "I might as well have bet on Sad Ken..."

I thought Filthy, Rich and Catflap was brilliant in places but a bit hit and miss.
JCL
12:33, Fri 12 Jul
No love for the 'Dangerous Brothers' yet?

Also shout out to the last time SHA and Young Ones gelled.
University Challenge gif = Upper / Lower Gil Merrick!
It's always easier to believe something than understand it.
13:28, Fri 12 Jul
JCL
"Death..............the grim rapist"