14:59, Fri 12 Jul
Signing Douglas Luiz (yeah, me neither) for £15m from Man City. They're certainly throwing the money around. Hoping for another Fulham.

As a side point, it pisses me off that clubs like Man City go and sign all these youngsters, never play them, and mugs like vile give them £15m. I cannot wait for the rules limiting players on loan to come in.
15:05, Fri 12 Jul
He’s a real player. Captain of the Brazil U23’s.

They’re going to spend around £150m by the time the window closes. This time last year they couldn’t pay the electricity bill.
15:05, Fri 12 Jul
Looking at it and sadly it's nothing like Fulham.

Plenty of the money spent is on players who were there at the end of last season, and they're getting their business in early in positions they need. They're also sticking to a good philosophy of buying young promising talent (for the most part).

Fulham on the other hand had practically a whole different squad to the one which won the playoff final.

Anybody hoping for them to be relegated is going to be disappointed I'm afraid.
15:07, Fri 12 Jul
He has spent two seasons on loan at Girona since City signed him.......because he could not get a work permit to play in the UK.

Guardiola rates him highly and was frustrated he could not play him. Rumour is they want a buy back clause in the deal too.

I am assuming Witton with their connections to the royals and government will pull a few strings to get him a work permit.
15:11, Fri 12 Jul
I don't think they will rip any trees up, and I'm sure Smith won't be there come May, but I think they'll be comfortably out of the relegation battle. Sadly.

They lucked out like we never do.
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
15:12, Fri 12 Jul
Think they qualify as a special talent if they move for a certain transfer fee

In other words, Villa signing him for this amount of money now means he is considered a special talent and will get the work permit as he now meets some of the criteria that he didn't previously.
@LeMod1875
15:18, Fri 12 Jul
I'll take seeing Smith's ugly mug getting sacked. I'll enjoy hear those gormless idiots screaming at him too.
15:33, Fri 12 Jul
Musername
Looking at it and sadly it's nothing like Fulham.

Plenty of the money spent is on players who were there at the end of last season, and they're getting their business in early in positions they need. They're also sticking to a good philosophy of buying young promising talent (for the most part).

Fulham on the other hand had practically a whole different squad to the one which won the playoff final.

Anybody hoping for them to be relegated is going to be disappointed I'm afraid.

After spending 150 million I'd imagine they won't.

But..............

Never say never.

Dean fanny Smith is utterly unproven. The majority of the players he's signing aren't necessarily geniuses.
Into The Shadows playing live at...

2nd August - Exmouth Pavilion
10th August - Prince of Wales Theatre, Cannock
17th August - Floral Pavilion, New Brighton
28th September - Evesham Arts Centre
15th November - Brewhouse Arts Centre, Burton
15:34, Fri 12 Jul
Brazilians tend to be a rip off
15:39, Fri 12 Jul
bluer than blues
I'll take seeing Smith's ugly mug getting sacked. I'll enjoy hear those gormless idiots screaming at him too.

He'll be all over by Christmas.
15:41, Fri 12 Jul
Brazilians tend to be a rip off

Let's hope he's like Jota and the pair of them will disappear when it gets cold and wet.
15:43, Fri 12 Jul
Yeah, to be fair it is yet to be seen how good their signings actually are. £20m on a forward who scored 13 goals in the belgian pro league, not great. El-Ghazi and Mings looked good in the championship but both are unproven in the prem, in fact you could even say that Mings has looked poor in the limited games he's played. Matt Target the same. Konza, Jota...

They've signed a load of very good championship players but they have little to no prem experience. Which was also what Fulham suffered from. Remember how good Cairney and Sessegnon looked in the championship.
I think they will be there or thereabouts for relegation. Mings can’t get into Bournemouth’s team, nor can the left back from Southampton, their record buy centre forward has got an average scoring record in a league about the same standard as Scotland and he’s just like for like for Abraham’s anyway. plus hause? and a geezer nobody’s heard of from Brentford and a young Brazilian defender who’s never played premier league. This is a whole different ball game, mings trying to mark salah and arguero is a bit different to marking juke. I think a comparison with Fulham is a good one and remember they went up with a much better squad than vile did. The little ginger potato face will be hounded out before the seasons end, their delusions will only guarantee their unhappiness.
15:52, Fri 12 Jul
They aren't going down. Newcastle, Sheffield Utd, Brighton, Norwich, Burnley & Palace (if they lose Zaha) are all more likely I'd say.
15:55, Fri 12 Jul
Looks to me like they’re building a team to win the Championship in 2020-21.