11:53, Thu 18 Jul
Campbell slid a lovely ball to Latchford for the Blues goal when we nearly stopped Leeds unbeaten run early 70s. It's on youtube somewhere.
11:55, Thu 18 Jul
I met Campbell at a blues function last year. Looking fit and healthy, he still lives around Solihull and still goes to our games. He was my old mans favourite player in that early 70’s team. He always reckoned he set the tempo and if he played well the team played well.
11:56, Thu 18 Jul
Spike
number8
Peter Withe.

Wash your mouth out!!

I'm trying to think of any way you could compare Withe to Bob Latchford that wouldn't be a gross insult to Latchford...nope, I really am struggling...
Medals won... :(
11:57, Thu 18 Jul
Peter Withe winning medals...oh yeah, fair play actually - he was in the Forest team that won the league wasn't he?
11:59, Thu 18 Jul
Both played centre forward for Blues and both had a beard.
[bcfc.com]
12:24, Thu 18 Jul
From a distance Trevor Hockey looked quite like Bob.
She's playing with fire, he''s not ready for nibbly pig...
12:40, Thu 18 Jul
Him and Fred Pickering were the best centre forwards I ever saw play for Blues.
DES
13:09, Thu 18 Jul
Great reading this post, Bob was my fave ever blues player!
A real gent off the pitch, but so tough on it!
Kro
13:30, Thu 18 Jul
He sported a rather tremendous ******* as well, a real full bodied Jason King type.
13:34, Thu 18 Jul
DES
enjoying this post and so glad to read the positive side of Bob and he did really like the Blues.

His brother < Dave > used to come into the shop where i was working and from what i remember was a nice but quiet guy.

I always thought it was strange the kendall swop for him < i think we had Archie styles as well > but Kendall became one of my favourite midfield players ever.
13:38, Thu 18 Jul
Brother Tam
JohnP
Wasn't there another Blues player at the time who looked just like Bob Latchford? A reserve centre half? Needham? Whenever I think of Latchford I think of the cup rune up to the Leeds semi, including some bad misses!

Would you be thinking of Alan Whitehead? I may be totally wrong but that was my impression of his appearance, although I was only young.

I was at school with Alan Whitehead's brother, Clive. Alan came to watch us play a few times and gave me some tips on full-back play. Clive was a much better player than Alan and at one time was being tipped to play for England.
13:42, Thu 18 Jul
Read it again. He was very keen to leave, and wanted to go sooner than he did.
13:43, Thu 18 Jul
Did Clive play for Northfield? Have a vague memory of it.
14:12, Thu 18 Jul
I.P.F
Brother Tam
JohnP
Wasn't there another Blues player at the time who looked just like Bob Latchford? A reserve centre half? Needham? Whenever I think of Latchford I think of the cup rune up to the Leeds semi, including some bad misses!

Would you be thinking of Alan Whitehead? I may be totally wrong but that was my impression of his appearance, although I was only young.

I was at school with Alan Whitehead's brother, Clive. Alan came to watch us play a few times and gave me some tips on full-back play. Clive was a much better player than Alan and at one time was being tipped to play for England.

My mate threw Clive Whitehead in the canal for bullying his brother.
@6strings4paws
14:38, Thu 18 Jul
Yep what a forward line. Francis latchford hatton Taylor. Remember as well it was blues who broke the world record transfer fee for a goalkeeper. Shame it didn’t work out. Back then we were almost in the top 6. Villa were in the third.
Can only dream now. Remember the blue revolution??