DES
18:21, Sat 20 Jul
And of course there was the last day shenanigans at orient, it was the Bruge of its day with thousands of blues fans in a ground bursting at the seams, surely a record crowd for Brisbane rd, loads of Millwall there and atmosphere as hostile as it gets!
What a night!
My mate sadly now passed away opened the gates from inside and loads of blues got in before police locked em!
I’m just reliving it all now 47 yrs later!
Kro
DES
13:24, Sun 21 Jul
Cheers for that spion👍 Where did you get film clip of Huddersfield game btw?
Just seeing the ground heaving lifted my spirits!
Kro
16:37, Sun 21 Jul
spionkop

Thanks.

Brings back the memories.
17:01, Sun 21 Jul
DES
Read a Millwall piece about the Orient game. Said the true attendance was more like 36,000 and there were more Brummies there than Orient and Millwall combined.
DES
17:07, Sun 21 Jul
B13blues
Read a Millwall piece about the Orient game. Said the true attendance was more like 36,000 and there were more Brummies there than Orient and Millwall combined.
Agree on all these points, never been so packed in ever!
I was on the stand alongside the pitch, Millwall were on both ends but blues gave it to them big style!
Then Millwall went on pitch to try to get game abandoned!
What a night!
Then a bomb scare!
Kro
17:27, Sun 21 Jul
DES
Had a long standing argument with a viler about our following that night. He insists we took 15,000 that night. I reckon it was over 20,000 and i’m sure i remember an extimate of around 22,000.i believe around 7,000 locked out too.
18:35, Sun 21 Jul
Greebo joe
Had a long standing argument with a viler about our following that night. He insists we took 15,000 that night.

How the feck would HE know?
19:59, Sun 21 Jul
DES
DES
...surely a record crowd for Brisbane rd,

Official crowd for the match is 33,383. It was commonly reported that Blues easily outnumbered both Orient and Millwall fans put together - so I would think at least 18,000 Blues.

Their official record crowd for Brisbane Road is 34,345 against West Ham United in the 1964 FA Cup. 
DES
06:27, Mon 22 Jul
Yes, getting back to Bob, he used his strength and power brilliantly and he was very quick off the mark, great attributes for a striker.
The fact that he was home grown made him my ultimate hero!
Kro
10:34, Mon 22 Jul
Well. I climbed over the wall along with many others as the gates were closed well before kick off. There were still thousands outside. Those last two away games really drew massive support. There were a lot at Sheffield too.
DES
16:54, Mon 22 Jul
Yes huge attendance at Sheffield where of course we had been three weeks earlier in fa cup semi!
That was my best season for travelling away, from memory hull boro and Carlisle only three I think I missed, oh and Bristol city. So only watched two league defeats all season, qpr & Millwall which was so brutal, never went there again till under lee Clark season when we won 3.1, went hospitality that night and there was still an edge to it!
72 what a season! I absolutely loved it!
Kro