Rab C Nesbitt
Spike
Musername
Shotton had an atrocious start to his Blues career and he came good.

Shotton was played at right-back though, he was fine at centre-half.
True. A better example would have been Curtis Davies. Eff me that 20 minutes debut at Wigan away 😩

Obviously he wasn’t a defender but Beausejour’s debut at Stoke (is that right?) in the Monday night game would take some beating for bad first games.
11:37, Mon 22 Jul
Yep, and then there was Darren Purse - he had one of the worst debuts I can remember a Blues player having...that was at right-back as well I think? Against Bury.

And he turned out a good player.

Then there was Mark Dennis, got (metaphorically) murdered on his debut - though he was only 17. And with Mark Dennis we are talking different gravy anyway.
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Rab C Nesbitt
Spike
Musername

True. A better example would have been Curtis Davies. Eff me that 20 minutes debut at Wigan away 😩

Obviously he wasn’t a defender but Beausejour’s debut at Stoke (is that right?) in the Monday night game would take some beating for bad first games.

Rikki Otto .....
12:33, Mon 22 Jul
Leaves a bad taste this. Yes we know he has limitations but having a core of players that know this league is imperative to any kind of success you may wish to have. Doubt he was asking for the earth, always spoke about how settled he was in the area.
@stevanderman
12:35, Mon 22 Jul
Hantsbluenose
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Rab C Nesbitt
Spike
Musername

Rikki Otto .....
He did at least score.

Tyler Blackett.