09:24, Tue 13 Aug
Shaun of Brum (in London)
lucky
I appreciate what you are saying and with the attacking players playing behind Juke, Juke should probably score 20 this season. Also the attacking midfield players should chip in with 6 to 8 each ideally.

Juke should probably score 20 this season?!!
Apart from he has never scored 20 in a season in his whole career (as excellent as he is).
Also Blues haven't had a 20 a year goal scorer before Adams in the top two divisions since Francis in '71-72.

If a midfielder chips in with a goal or two it is simply a bonus.
Goal scoring is a strikers job. It is what they are trained to do.
If you play 1 rather than 2 you are pretty much cutting your chances of scoring in half.
That sounds very Wurzel esque
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
10:09, Tue 13 Aug
lucky
I appreciate what you are saying and with the attacking players playing behind Juke, Juke should probably score 20 this season. Also the attacking midfield players should chip in with 6 to 8 each ideally.

Apart from he has never scored 20 in a season in his whole career (as excellent as he is).
Also Blues haven't had a 20 a year goal scorer before Adams in the top two divisions since Francis in '71-72.

If you play 1 rather than 2 you are pretty much cutting your chances of scoring in half.

How many strikers do Man City, Liverpool, Bayern, Juventus, Arsenal, Tottenham and Chelsea play at a time?
10:11, Tue 13 Aug
After reading this wisdom they’ll play 6 strikers and score 6 times more goals
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
10:18, Tue 13 Aug
It's not particularly important how many strikers are written in the striking positions on a piece of paper, it's about how many get into the box/scoring areas when we're attacking. As long as we have 3 or 4 going into the box we will be fine.
10:40, Tue 13 Aug
He hadn't scored 14 in a season until last season either. With the service he gets from this midfield and if Montero plays I would expect Juke to get more goals than last season. Remind me how many did Che score in 2017/2018 season compared to last season? Don't know why you are so negative. 20 goals in 46 games is less than a goal every 2 games. It's all about opinions and my opinion is Juke will get 20 goals this season.
10:47, Tue 13 Aug
We aren't a goal threat with just Juke up front. We played 1 up front and 2 up front in preseason and we always looked way more threatening with 1 up front. I analysed the Brentford and Portsmouth games and it wasn't even hard to see why it didn't work. Striker was isolated, dropped back into midfield and we had no route out as nobody was upfront and we were trapped in our own half.
10:57, Tue 13 Aug
Juke had che with him last season giving the opposing defence twice as much to deal with along with a different threat i.e pace.
This season juke will be the furthest forward and will doubled up on.
On Saturday he kept going wide so he would have a chance of winning aeriel battles against the full back from goal kicks etc and this just left space in the centre where we had no one even when he won his headers etc - something to be worked on or we go 2 up top.
Bottom line is we can't rely solely on juke to get more than 15 goals whether with 1 or 2 up top
11:09, Tue 13 Aug
SeanTheBlue
We aren't a goal threat with just Juke up front. We played 1 up front and 2 up front in preseason and we always looked way more threatening with 1 up front. I analysed the Brentford and Portsmouth games and it wasn't even hard to see why it didn't work. Striker was isolated, dropped back into midfield and we had no route out as nobody was upfront and we were trapped in our own half.

We didn’t play a striker against Portsmouth, hardly had the ball against Brentford... but against Bristol we created more chances than them and had more shots than them.
11:17, Tue 13 Aug
Blue Turnip
SeanTheBlue

We didn’t play a striker against Portsmouth, hardly had the ball against Brentford... but against Bristol we created more chances than them and had more shots than them.

....and scored the same as them. One goal.

Don't expect a goal fest with a lone striker upfront. We'd be back to McJudas and 'every point's a prisoner'.
11:23, Tue 13 Aug
Wingman Blue
Don't expect a goal fest with a lone striker upfront. We'd be back to McJudas and 'every point's a prisoner'.

Do you really believe we played like that against Bristol City?

Seriously?

Obviously we need to tweak it, but we have midfielders now who can pass the ball - run with the ball - and create chances.

Talking about chucking two up front is too simplistic.
11:37, Tue 13 Aug
Don't expect a goal fest with a lone striker upfront. We'd be back to McJudas and 'every point's a prisoner

Boggles my head how someone can come away from Saturday's match with this analysis. Absolutely clueless.

How many strikers you have on the pitch, does not, in any way shape or form determine the mentality of your team in terms whether it's going to be defensive/attacking.
13:01, Tue 13 Aug
Wingman Blue
Blue Turnip
SeanTheBlue

....and scored the same as them. One goal.

Portsmouth played one striker against us and scored three...
13:11, Tue 13 Aug
Le Mod
It's not particularly important how many strikers are written in the striking positions on a piece of paper, it's about how many get into the box/scoring areas when we're attacking. As long as we have 3 or 4 going into the box we will be fine.

That's the trick. Barcelona, Man City etc. have the type of attacking midfielders to do that. We have to hope ours are good enough (at Championship level of course) to do the same if we are to only play 1 up top.
14:55, Tue 13 Aug
lucky

How many strikers do Man City, Liverpool, Bayern, Juventus, Arsenal, Tottenham and Chelsea play at a time?

Hmm, possibly not the greatest comparison I've ever seen, to prove a point.
14:59, Tue 13 Aug
Norwich, Villa and Wolves have been promoted in the last couple of years playing with one up. That's just off the top of my head.