10:42, Tue 10 Sep
Burns, Sibley, Foakes are of that ilk.
13:20, Tue 10 Sep
On the topic of cricket knighthoods it's great to see Strauss get one. One of only 3 men to captain England to home and away Ashes wins.
DES
13:21, Tue 10 Sep
Mike Brearley being one but not sure who the third would be!

KRO
13:47, Tue 10 Sep
Musername
We need another Trott, some boring fecker who deals in 1's & 2's only to come in and take the sting out of the attack.

Fact fans- England have faced more balls than Australia in this series, but scored less runs.
14:09, Tue 10 Sep
Sibley with another 50 for Warks.
14:14, Tue 10 Sep
Facts don't matter these days as much
14:24, Tue 10 Sep
DES
DES

KRO

Gower?
14:25, Tue 10 Sep
Scoobers
Facts don't matter these days as much

Another fun fact - Marnus Labuschagne has played 3 less innings than most English batsmen and he's nearly faced more balls than all of them
14:25, Tue 10 Sep
Oldham
I still think he'd hit it.

Well yeah - probably. He'd step across outside off stump and flick it down to fine leg for four...before doing the Macarena - a back flip - Big Fish Little Fish Cardboard Box - adjusting his gloves and pads and then punching gloves with his batting partner.
14:38, Tue 10 Sep
We’ve helped him a fair bit
14:43, Tue 10 Sep
Harsh on Leach. No disgrace with 28 wickets @ 27 in only 8 matches. Has shown he can bat a little as well. Who else is gonna spin? We can't go back to less economical Rashid and Moeen.
Dong Ren Out.
DES
15:19, Tue 10 Sep
Artist
DES

KRO

Gower?
No Gower won at home in 85 but Gatting won next away tour, Im thinking Illy who won in 70 in Oz but not certain he won at home.
Saw him on TV @ headingley he was talking to Dickie Bird, they must both be 80 now Im guessing.

KRO
15:27, Tue 10 Sep
DES
Other guy was Len Hutton in the 50's. Even before your time I'm guessing DES ;)
15:32, Tue 10 Sep
That’s when they used to give knighthoods to cricketers who only hit centuries
DES
15:42, Tue 10 Sep
Musername
Other guy was Len Hutton in the 50's. Even before your time I'm guessing DES ;)

Yes, but I should have worked it out,
We won the home series at the Oval, Compton hitting winning runs, first time we had won ashes at home since before the Don started!
Then in Oz some really fast bowler who replaced fiery Fred (Typhoon Tyson) ripped em a new one!

KRO