20:07, Fri 6 Sep
denbcfc
This ain't White Ball Cricket,he needed to play himself in, in Test cricket.
Now the Ashes have been retained by the Aussies I'd like to see some fringe players given a chance.

The Aussies still need to take 15 wickets. If we avoid the follow on and don't give away easy runs then this will be a draw.

We’ll lose another 2 in the first half hour tomorrow
20:10, Fri 6 Sep
mad
Christ...theres some delusion on here tonite🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭
20:27, Fri 6 Sep
Osterberg
Anyone else just heard that Abdul Qadir has died?

One of the first leg spinners I ever saw and a fine one too: the bowler when Gatting has his spat with Shakoor Rana, I think?

If so, RIP

Confirmed - Abdul Qadir has indeed passed away aged 63.

RIP Sir
mad
20:27, Fri 6 Sep
Pitch isn't full of terrors. Technically only 4 down
20:34, Fri 6 Sep
mad
Agreed, of course there is a possibility of a collapse but 15 wickets in two days isn't the easiest of tasks especially if we avoid the follow on. They aren't going to be rushing to declare after what we chased in the last test.

If we can bat past half way in the afternoon session tomorrow we will be fine.
Revere me.
20:39, Fri 6 Sep
If it's a draw, don't the Aussies retain the Ashes/urn?
20:42, Fri 6 Sep
It depends how long we bat. 4 bowlers have bowled 70 odd overs, big ask to do that again tomorrow. If we fail to reach the follow on I think they may well bat.

Disappointing end as we could have gone in 3 down. Hazlewood got the wickets, but Cummins was the difference. Best quick in the world? The Aussies have saved him, and others for this, while our team is going down like nine pins. I think it’s quite a big task to draw this from here.
20:42, Fri 6 Sep
No. The oval to come.
20:44, Fri 6 Sep
newblue
No. The oval to come.

Cheers. 👍
DES
21:10, Fri 6 Sep
Wolvobluenose
Osterberg
Anyone else just heard that Abdul Qadir has died?

One of the first leg spinners I ever saw and a fine one too: the bowler when Gatting has his spat with Shakoor Rana, I think?

If so, RIP

Confirmed - Abdul Qadir has indeed passed away aged 63.

RIP Sir
I think boyks said he was best leggie he had ever faced!
He never faced warne of course!
Rip
23:05, Fri 6 Sep
DES
Vaguely remember Randall scoring a century at Edgbaston against him in his prime on a spinning wicket
00:59, Sat 7 Sep
DES
He was ace on the original Brian Lara cricket. Think it was on that, certainly on an early game.
Revere me.
10:56, Sat 7 Sep
needless to say plenty hinges on ben stokes again. cant see the rest lasting that long.

aussies at around even money looks like the bet for me.
"supporters should be patient a little while longer - sunshine days are just around the corner."
Ken Wheldon - March 18th 1988
11:44, Sat 7 Sep
Very generous that. I think the Aussies are odds on.
11:46, Sat 7 Sep
I don't get it, I can only really see a draw. If we avoid the follow on it just doesn't seem like there's enough time left.
Revere me.