16:55, Wed 11 Sep
DES
He was never like that Des, plus you were one of the pundits who reckoned he shouldn’t be in the team.

It’s all about opinions, some wrong, some right.
17:02, Wed 11 Sep
Le Mod
I think the media managed to successfully brainwash much of the country

Sounds familiar. Up yours Delors etc etc...
17:07, Wed 11 Sep
I think the media managed to successfully brainwash much of the country into disliking him as a person for a good few years, with a prolonged and sustained attack on just about everything that he did, some of it made up. It culminated in him being attacked by that racist nutjob outside the training ground. Thankfully he seems to have defeated it and he's now in the form of his life.

I concur

There was somewhat of a hatchet job on him as a person. Seems to be the thing for successful English footballers.

Beckham, Rooney, Sterling, Gascogne
@Bluewurst1875
17:08, Wed 11 Sep
That was meant for DES, dunno what happened there
17:29, Wed 11 Sep
[mobile.twitter.com]

Always good to dig this up now and then to show just how shit the media is, a lot of these were aimed at him when he was 19/20 years old.
17:33, Wed 11 Sep
Our popular newspapers are the absolute scum of the earth. We’d actually lose nothing if they were closed down tomorrow and would benefit as a society.
19:01, Wed 11 Sep
Musername
[mobile.twitter.com]

Always good to dig this up now and then to show just how shit the media is, a lot of these were aimed at him when he was 19/20 years old.

Not being funny but all those articles are predominantly from The Daily Mail(Fail) and The Sun.

Anybody who buys/reads and believes these rags aren’t worth discussing anyway.
19:10, Wed 11 Sep
Right, who had 5-3? 😀

Think you'll find I win.
I predicted Kosovo would score early to give England a scare, but that we'd win by 2 clear goals (3-1).
What do I win?