12:53, Wed 11 Sep
CJ
What is the price these days, for both eyes being lasered, and any extra charge/complications for astigmatism?
the king loves me
13:35, Wed 11 Sep
Has anyone noticed any difference with their night vision or their peripheral vision?

I was tempted a few years ago to get it done but I ride a motorbike all year round. I was warned that laser surgery could affect my night vision.
Luckily, the amount of heroin I use is harmless. I inject about once a month on a purely recreational basis. Fine. But what about other people less stable, less educated, less middle-class than me? Builders or blacks for example. If you're one of those, my advice to you is leave well alone. Good luck.
13:39, Wed 11 Sep
Casper
What is the price these days, for both eyes being lasered, and any extra charge/complications for astigmatism?

Mine was expensive but worth the freedom😀 plus I was offered 10 months interest free credit.
It's easier to beg for forgiveness, than ask for permission.
16:58, Wed 11 Sep
Legal_Bluenose
Has anyone noticed any difference with their night vision or their peripheral vision?

I was tempted a few years ago to get it done but I ride a motorbike all year round. I was warned that laser surgery could affect my night vision.

My missus actually struggled with headlight glare etc more prior to her surgery.
17:22, Wed 11 Sep
Had lens replacement last December
Was offered it same price as laser, had both done same day, didn't feel a thing, next morning drove my car back to Birmingham for the check up. I had one done slightly different so that I could still see a bit better close up( had them done for distance) First few weeks they can itch a little bit and feels a bit strange adjusting to them. But so far I'm glad I had them done, no more glasses for anything distance wise. Just a pair of £1 ones for night time reading
JCL
17:29, Wed 11 Sep
Legal_Bluenose

My night vision is tip top, as is peripheral.

Not having glasses on the bike was a revelation, well maybe not that strong as I did use single use contacts, but I can honestly say I have not had one negative thought about it and recommend it to anyone who can have it.
It's always easier to believe something than understand it.
13:54, Thu 12 Sep
2 Experiences.
1) Mine - had both eyes done privately (1 month apart) due to cataracts - NHS won't pay until you are effectively blind :(. Absolutely no problems with the OP, no pain or discomfort, but it didn't fix all the issues - had to go back for some supplemental light sabre work, and this was fine also.

2) My mate - utter disaster from Optical Express, eyesight ended up worse than before and they couldn't give a fook. Tried to get a refund, no dice - read the T&C's they said.

So I'd find an NHS ophthalmic surgeon instead of someone offering to do it cheaply.
Regards, Mick