15:14, Wed 11 Sep
My lads contract is nearly up on his iPhone 7 and he says his phone is fine bar the battery life.
Is it worth buying a new battery and how much is it for the battery and it to be fitted?

TIA
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
15:15, Wed 11 Sep
If his contract is nearly up then just wait for that to run and get a new phone for free?
15:16, Wed 11 Sep
For free ? 😆
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
15:30, Wed 11 Sep
Well that's how my contract works? The contract pays for the phone and then by the end of the contract, you start a new one with an upgraded phone?
15:33, Wed 11 Sep
I want to keep the phone I've paid for when this contract ends. The battery is a bit crap though, so I wondered whether it was worth getting a new battery as with my tv deal I've been offered a 4g unlimited data SIM deal for free
15:42, Wed 11 Sep
£49 via Apple

[support.apple.com]
15:44, Wed 11 Sep
Cheers, but I was thinking more of a high street shop
15:47, Wed 11 Sep
I’d get it done properly by Apple if you’re going to do it. You might get a cheap knock off battery fitted otherwise.
15:47, Wed 11 Sep
I purchased a battery from eBay for my iPhone 5s and fitted myself - pretty straightforward considering that the screws are the size of ant eggs.

Cost about £15 and it’s still going strong - should be similar for a 7

Go for it.
Carphone Warehouse in town by the bullring. Did my iPhone 7 battery replacement within 3 hours of handing it in, forgot exact price but was cheaper than sending it off to Apple.
16:46, Wed 11 Sep
TiltonPartTimer
Well that's how my contract works? The contract pays for the phone and then by the end of the contract, you start a new one with an upgraded phone?

Why would you want to do that? Surely once your contract is up you continue with a sim only deal until you need a new handset?

Why pay £50+ a month buying a new phone you don't need rather than about £15 a month using your existing phone?

It's the biggest con going with phone contracts trying to get people to buy new handsets when they don't need them. All you get is offers to upgrade handset etc. You never get an offer to reduce your bill by 2/3rds and continue with the same service despite that being by far the best deal for most customers.
16:53, Wed 11 Sep
Foxtrot Oscar
I purchased a battery from eBay for my iPhone 5s and fitted myself - pretty straightforward considering that the screws are the size of ant eggs.

Cost about £15 and it’s still going strong - should be similar for a 7

Go for it.

I did the same some years back on my iPhone 5.

Thinking if doing the same with the crappy Nokia 8 I have now. 17 months left on contract, I'm charging it 2 or 3 times a day
Into The Shadows playing live at...

28th September - Evesham Arts Centre
15th November - Brewhouse Arts Centre, Burton

[open.spotify.com]
16:55, Wed 11 Sep
YouTube have step by step videos - pretty straightforward and there’s a real sense of satisfaction afterwards.
18:52, Wed 11 Sep
Cheers everyone
20:55, Wed 11 Sep
why don't you insure it and then drop it ? not only do you get new battery get a whole new phone ?