15:14, Mon 7 Oct
Sorry to be so 70's, but what are the local birds like?
15:18, Mon 7 Oct
Couple of Babychams and a snowball they'll be yours mate.
Revere me.
15:25, Mon 7 Oct
TuttoCalcio
Sorry to be so 70's, but what are the local birds like?

“So 70s” 😂

They’re accommodating... Iceland has a “problem” in that young people try before you buy and don’t get to know the person until after the first night. Article about it here;

[medium.com]
18:51, Mon 7 Oct
I was hoping they'd be content with sharing my bumper.
21:58, Mon 7 Oct
I went a couple of years ago and didn't think the prices were as bad as some made out. It is expensive but not outrageously so if you are careful.

As others have suggested download an app called "Appy Hour" and it will direct you to the bars with cheap drinks. Most of them stagger their happy hours so you can usually get a continuous run for most of the day/night. The city centre is small so easy to walk around and swap bars at regular intervals.

When we went there was about 3 foot of snow everywhere so getting around was difficult but made the whole experience a bit more unique.

I went to the Faroe Islands earlier this year to watch a couple of their qualifiers and I reckon the scenery there is even more spectacular than Iceland. Add that one to your bucket list as well. Torshavn is tiny but hire a car and drive out around the island. Some of the most spectacular scenery I've ever seen. Very impressive.
22:13, Mon 7 Oct
DamoBcfc
Oh and try the whale steak - was really good. The fermented aka rotten shark was disgusting but is a local delicacy so worth a try still haha.

So you booked to go whale watching but decided to eat them instead? Bizarre.

Went for a weekend and did the whale watching, northern lights and the golden circle, the latter being the highlight.
The elusive Wang
00:48, Tue 8 Oct
b.casual
DamoBcfc
Oh and try the whale steak - was really good. The fermented aka rotten shark was disgusting but is a local delicacy so worth a try still haha.

So you booked to go whale watching but decided to eat them instead? Bizarre.

Went for a weekend and did the whale watching, northern lights and the golden circle, the latter being the highlight.

Haha.

I saw them eat that fermented shark on Travel Man. Do the Icelanders even like it?!
06:48, Tue 8 Oct
Tandy
The amount of people who book trips to places seemingly without knowing what's to do there, then asks a football forum for advice, astounds me.

Blimey, who ruffled your feathers?! How do you know that the trip was booked without ANY prior knowledge? Perhaps Deckchair is just seeking recommendations to enhance what he already has planned! Decent bars to visit etc.

Your post astounded me Tandy!
"we don't even know why we're here - we're all just wandering around, doing daft things, killing time, until we die; that's why Frisbee's been invented..." (Karl Pilkington 2013)
07:23, Tue 8 Oct
The Reverend
Couple of Babychams and a snowball they'll be yours mate.

From what I hear 3 Babychams, 2 Snowballs and they're everyones.
Just because my opinion differs from yours, doesn't mean mine is wrong.
09:07, Tue 8 Oct
I think you will need to be bit more sophisticated these days.

Are there any Berni Inns there?
12:01, Wed 9 Oct
This.
They say I got brains but they ain't doin' me much good.
Thinly veiled “look at me” thread! I’ve mentioned on here a couple of times that I moved to Reykjavik last week... well there’s been the worry that I wouldn’t get my version of the Icelandic NI number before 31st October in case of a no deal Brexit (if that happens my application would become infinitely harder).

Well I’ve Just had confirmation of my right to reside in the country indefinitely and had a huge weight lifted off my shoulders! Happy days!

Just hope for the sake of all other people that might want to leave the U.K. in the future that we get a good deal in place because a no deal Brexit would completely hinder the process for thousands of people.

Happy Wednesday guys, I’m off to celebrate!
16:10, Wed 9 Oct
Good news.

Make sure it’s in Happy hour! 👍
16:19, Wed 9 Oct
Congratulations, hope it all works out well for you.KRO
They say I got brains but they ain't doin' me much good.
DES
16:20, Wed 9 Oct
Blue Turnip if the women all look like Bjork no wonder they give it away, what on earth would people want to leave this fantastic country of ours!

“This royal throne of kings, this sceptered isle, This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars, This other Eden, demi-paradise, This fortress built by Nature for herself Against infection and the hand of war, This happy breed of men, this little world, This precious stone set in the silver sea, Which serves it in the office of a wall Or as a moat defensive to a house, Against the envy of less happier lands,--This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.”
As true today as it ever was, every year 250,000 people come to live here to enjoy everything we take for granted!

KRO