22:13, Sun 6 Oct
The Reverend
Let's not start doing silly comparisons. They won't be rationale and we will look small time. Just enjoy having a promising youngster.

This
22:23, Sun 6 Oct
I agree the comparison with Grealish and some of the claims on here are silly. Hard not to think back to the emergence of another 16 year old though, which was astonishing at the time....

I think it’s also difficult not to get to wonder how good he might turn out to be. There’s a lot of factors to take into account, one thing being that he looks physically mature already but the reality is he’s still in his mid teens. I think most of us think he could turn out to be very good indeed, which is probably a good reason to err on the side of caution.
01:49, Mon 7 Oct
Ignoring the question completely what surprises me given Bellingham undoubted talent is that he only plays for his respected age group for England.

Perhaps it’s just the way I think but you’d think someone good enough to play first team football at 16 should be way ahead of those older still playing youth team football.
05:05, Mon 7 Oct
He gets to be a leader playing in his own age group, a learning curve in its own right. He is only 16, and on the young side of his age group. The pace he is developing at is very fast as it is.
Revere me.
07:19, Mon 7 Oct
The Reverend
He gets to be a leader playing in his own age group, a learning curve in its own right. He is only 16, and on the young side of his age group. The pace he is developing at is very fast as it is.

I’m very happy with his development especially as he hasn’t had to leave on loan to get that first team experience.

I am comparing him to Mathew Smith whose father I know personally. He’s currently on loan with qpr. However the reason I am mentioning him his bc he chose to play for Wales at youth level over England bc for wales he was allowed to jump two age groups above his own.

He’s now a first team regular for the National team.
08:02, Mon 7 Oct
Usually when a 16 year old breaks into a first team he is either as a winger or a striker. I guess because mistakes that high up the pitch are less like likely to cause a goal plus the fact that pace and directness are a great leveller of age. Look at Redmond and Gray, quick and fearless at a very young age.

You rarely see a very young defender or goalkeeper I assume because of the physically of the grown up game and because mistakes could send their development backwards.

Jude is remarkable because he seems capable of playing in the engine room, comfortable both defending and attacking, playing short balls to retain possession and popping up on the wing to put a cross or shot in.
08:09, Mon 7 Oct
There is no comparison. I can't stand Grealish for multiple reasons, but he's just captained his team out of this league and is discussed as being on the periphery of the England Senior team.

Bellingham has played a handful of games. He looks good, a little bit erratic when not in possession and very raw, but all the signs suggest he will become a top player.

Some of our fans are starting to sound like that lot with Grealish in regards to Bellingham, and how he's the greatest player ever to play football.
08:13, Mon 7 Oct
Personally I am not comparing the two. Just pleased that we have a top young talent who hopefully will go on to have a great career, with us in the Premier league hopefully
08:20, Mon 7 Oct
If our past record is anything to go by,
Bellingham £5mil v Grealish £50 mil.
10:24, Mon 7 Oct
Silly to compare the two right now

One is 8 years older than the other, when Jude is beginning to enter his prime Grealish will be close to retiring

I have no doubt who will be the better player though
10:30, Mon 7 Oct
Even if you wanted to have this daft debate, this weekend was not the time to have it - not when Grealish won MOTM and was really good at the weekend in a Premier League fixture.
10:35, Mon 7 Oct
Was moreso responding to the original post.

Unfortunately, we all know Blues will sell him for an amount far less than what we would all value him at.
11:11, Mon 7 Oct
I don't actually think we will with Jude. I think they realise how much potential there is and there will be numerous top clubs vying for his signature.
11:13, Mon 7 Oct
Was moreso responding to the original post.

Unfortunately, we all know Blues will sell him for an amount far less than what we would all value him at.

Well .. most on here valued Ché at more than £15million ... !!! i hope for his sake it all comes good for him mind
11:14, Mon 7 Oct
We know Jude loves the club, and IMO will be here for quite a few years to come as it's best for his development to stay here and from everything I've heard he and his family are smart people.

The big thing will be if we can get in to the PL in the next few years then we will keep hold of him for even longer.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.