07:39, Mon 7 Oct
Hi,

Meeting a load of old mates in Brum this weekend for a 50th.

None of us have lived in Brum for a couple of decades - so totally out of touch with what to do / where to go.

Anybody got any suggestions?

Where should we go drinking?

Where should we go for a curry?

Anything to do in the day for a temporary halt to the drinking?

All suggestions will be gratefully received.
08:48, Mon 7 Oct
I'd stick around Jewellery Qtr, St. Paul's or Colemore Row - more mature crowd etc

Curry - Manzil's Digbeth. Been around forever you won't find any better centrally IMO

Activity - more drinking as there's not much to do in terms of 'adult' activities in the centre. If I go out in Brum, which isn't often anymore, I enjoy Glee Club - bit of comedy for a few hours with a few steady pints
09:19, Mon 7 Oct
There is plenty to do around the centre if you book in advance, including darts at The Flight Club, tenpin bowling at Lane7, table tennis at Kongs, and crazy golf at Ghetto Golf by the Custard Factory - all are licensed so you needn't stop drinking whilst playing either!
09:36, Mon 7 Oct
The Back to Backs are interesting if you want a slightly more cultured break to the drinking!

Hen and Chickens is good for curry and Indian mixed grill if you are over in the JQ.

I think the best spot for bars and pubs is around Bennett’s Hill / Colmore Row.
09:58, Mon 7 Oct
Go Home Bodger
The Back to Backs are interesting if you want a slightly more cultured break to the drinking!

Hen and Chickens is good for curry and Indian mixed grill if you are over in the JQ.

Those are the areas I stick to when in town. Also as you're in that area pop into the museum and have a look at the Saxon Hoard for a little break.
10:19, Mon 7 Oct
fradge
Hi,

Meeting a load of old mates in Brum this weekend for a 50th.

None of us have lived in Brum for a couple of decades - so totally out of touch with what to do / where to go.

Anybody got any suggestions?

Where should we go drinking?

Where should we go for a curry?

Anything to do in the day for a temporary halt to the drinking?

All suggestions will be gratefully received.

When are you going? I have just noticed that on 9th November there is an event in Birmingham same thing here and it was fun. It is like an outside real life version(without the real death) of cluedo. Walk around get witness statements and work out who killed the krays and with what weapon. It will keep you out of the pub for a few hours and after collecting all the stuff, go and sit in a pub and work out who did it.

[www.cluedupp.com]
Just because my opinion differs from yours, doesn't mean mine is wrong.
10:29, Mon 7 Oct
Merrymaid for food if you can venture to Highgate - best Indian food in brum

If not then Hen and Chickens in Jewellery Quarter is a decent alternative
DES
11:09, Mon 7 Oct
Go Home Bodger

I love the back to backs, but My God its so small, never been to millenium point but surely something there worth looking at for ex brummies!

KRO
13:05, Mon 7 Oct
DES
DES
Go Home Bodger

I love the back to backs, but My God its so small, never been to millenium point but surely something there worth looking at for ex brummies!

KRO

Thanks fellers.

Much appreciated.
13:22, Mon 7 Oct
plenty better than Manzils
13:49, Mon 7 Oct
DES
DES
Go Home Bodger

KRO

Sounds like a few votes for the Hen & Chickens.

Will I need to book for 5 of us - or will we be able to just tip up?
13:51, Mon 7 Oct
I'd book ahead just in case, the last time I tried to go on a Saturday they were fully booked because of someones birthday. You're usually ok but you just never know
Formerly Le Mod
13:57, Mon 7 Oct
Yate's wine lodge on Corporation street for a few docks of Australian white wine
14:42, Mon 7 Oct
Meet up in the Peaky Blinder (the old sara moons) for a few pints.

Jump on the bus to Lucy Palmers for a massage in Small Heath.

Then jump back on the bus to The Swan and get the 11 over to The Lady Westminster by Acocks Green.
15:01, Mon 7 Oct
Can I recommend these - not gonna set any pules racing but I like em

* the Shakespeare room at the top of the library - the building itself is amazing in my view
* Selfridges in the Bullring - just a real buzz in there and if you remember the old crap Bull Ring you'll be blown away
* Yorks Bakery Caff for coffees: [www.yorkscafe.co.uk]
* the cathedral in St Philips Square - just check out the stained-glass windows; lovely

Other museum stuff: Cadbury World, SeaLife, ThinkTank, Barber Institute, Jewellery Quarter, Ikon Gallery,