- Wildcat and Cork n Cage craft beer on Pershore Rd
- taxi/bus into town
- Digbeth Dining Club
- Gig or Blues match
- Digbrew or Spotted Dog to finish

chill out Sunday around town - German Market will be on by then

Manzils is bang average for curry
15:25, Mon 7 Oct
I don't suppose Barbarella's is still open.
15:33, Mon 7 Oct
It seems quite clear that other than boozing and Blues, Brum is shit place fora weekend break, and you can booze anywhere
15:49, Mon 7 Oct
mad
mad
Jewellery Quarter - Friday

- Jewellers Arms meet up
- Rock n Roll Brewery
- Burning Soul Brewery
- The Wolf
- Hen & Chickens Curry

Stirchley & Digbeth - Saturday

- Glasshouse & Attic Breweries
- Wildcat and Cork n Cage craft beer on Pershore Rd
- taxi/bus into town
- Digbeth Dining Club
- Gig or Blues match
- Digbrew or Spotted Dog to finish

chill out Sunday around town - German Market will be on by then

Manzils is bang average for curry

These are great shouts - Rock n Roll Brewhouse for me is the best place in town. Should be the reggae session on Saturday but bear in mind it closes early (7ish IIRC).

Attic is our local and is ace. There's also Birmingham Brew Co in Stirchley when it's open - quite a crawl to be had by us now if you throw in the bar in Cotteridge Wines and the British Oak to the ones mentioned. Good food as well with Cork & Cage, Alicia's for pizza and Eat Vietnam, and plenty of decent balti houses. Bit far out of town though if everyone is meeting there, although easy enough on the train.

My shout would probably be either JQ or Digbeth:-

JQ: As mad says, R&R Brewhouse, Burning Soul, Wolf, Hen & Chickens for food, although I reckon Indian Brewery on Livery Street is as good if not better. Birmingham Whisky Club on the corner of the JQ Museum is nice to stop for one. Lord Clifden and The Church down that way as well, 1000 Trades, and loads of other decent boozers to drop in on spec (Rose Villa, Red Lion, Jewellers Arms, Pig & Tail good for food in the day as well).

Digbeth: Original Patty Men for burgers or Baked In Brick, Kilder, the Ruin, Digbeth Dining Club, Dig Brew Co (assuming it's open), the Old Crown maybe, Night Owl depending on what's on. There's Ghetto Golf down there if you can get in.

We seem to end up in Digbeth more than the JQ these days. It's a bit more 'craft beer' when the JQ is more 'real ale' if that helps.

Edgbaston: One other thing to consider - there's a load of stuff around Five Ways / Edgbaston these days if you want to go a bit more upmarket. El Borracho de Oro is great for tapas, Laghi's Deli really good pasta, Fiesta del Asado for steak. Obviously Simpsons as well, but pricey and probably booked out.

Pubs / bars wise there's The Physician (Brunning & Price pub for those from further north, decent food, good selection of beers, frequented by people who wear blazers and boat shoes on a Saturday night), the Highfield, the Edgbaston for cocktails (not my thing but very popular), Loki for wine. The Bull's Head is a Davenports pub right by the cinema that they turned into The Garrison for the Peaky Blinders premiere, but I've never been in so can't vouch for it.

It's all a bit more poseur-ish around there, but we always have a good time - bit more relaxed than anywhere else in town, more 'grown up'.

Depending on how cultural you're getting, you could do the Barber Institute and Winterbourne in the afternoon as well.
Oh yeah, there's that new Birdie's Bar in shipping containers on the corner of Gibb Street by the Custard Factory. Not been in there yet.

In the JQ, try the Coffin Works, JW Evans or Pen Museum for a bit of industrial culture. All are pretty small so not much drinking time lost.
19:26, Mon 7 Oct
Fat Buddha
It seems quite clear that other than boozing and Blues, Brum is shit place fora weekend break, and you can booze anywhere

What have Manchester, Liverpool, Newcastle, Leeds, Sheffield got to offer for a weekend break over Brum? None are exactly Barcelona. And trust me I’ve done the “sights” in Liverpool. All decent cities with a few 7/10 attractions and loads of good places to eat and drink.
mad
19:27, Mon 7 Oct
This week is national curry week so keep an eye out for good deals.

Best place in the town centre remains (by far) the Taj Mahal on the Hinckley Street between Smallbrook Queensway and the Electric Cinema.
20:00, Mon 7 Oct
mad
Opheem just been awarded a Michelin star
20:30, Mon 7 Oct
mad
Totally agree about the Taj, best curry house in Brum.
20:52, Mon 7 Oct
CheswickBlue
Merrymaid for food if you can venture to Highgate - best Indian food in brum

If not then Hen and Chickens in Jewellery Quarter is a decent alternative

The food in the Merrymaid was rubbish when I went!! Very disappointing.
"we don't even know why we're here - we're all just wandering around, doing daft things, killing time, until we die; that's why Frisbee's been invented..." (Karl Pilkington 2013)
DES
20:54, Mon 7 Oct
Surprised no one has mentioned moseley! LEEDS always head for it ( but never arrive) while wolves thought moseley Rd was a good place to visit ( but never came back)
Kro
20:58, Mon 7 Oct
Have to agree,might have been an off day as people tend to rave about the place,Hen & chickens and the wagon & horses best of that ilk I think.
20:59, Mon 7 Oct
Magnificent food in Opheem,prices may rocket now!
21:28, Mon 7 Oct
Charlie Woodford
There is plenty to do around the centre if you book in advance, including darts at The Flight Club, tenpin bowling at Lane7, table tennis at Kongs, and crazy golf at Ghetto Golf by the Custard Factory - all are licensed so you needn't stop drinking whilst playing either!

You missed axe throwing. Although you can't drink there and you can't act too pissed. Cracking thing to do to break up a day though.
Revere me.
09:40, Tue 8 Oct
Made in Daegu
CheswickBlue
Merrymaid for food if you can venture to Highgate - best Indian food in brum

If not then Hen and Chickens in Jewellery Quarter is a decent alternative

The food in the Merrymaid was rubbish when I went!! Very disappointing.

Really? I've honestly never heard a bad review of the Merrymaid until now

I eat there pretty regularly and is much better than Hen and Chickens in my opinion

Gaffers are proper blues too which always helps