DES
10:36, Tue 5 Nov
Balti, I think that Liverpool team won five cups in that calendar year, league cup Uefa cup, Charity Sheild & Uefa super cup.
Surely you`re not putting them all down to luck?
Strangely, I felt nothing but pride in our performance that day, I felt gutted for Trevor, but personally just loved the day out.
A previous poster made a great point, that 56 cup final must have been a killer, we were a top six club and had one of the best teams in our history!

KRO
10:38, Tue 5 Nov
DES
DES
Balti, I think that Liverpool team won five cups in that calendar year, league cup Uefa cup, Charity Sheild & Uefa super cup.
They were only eligible to win the Charity Shield and Super Cup because of the, shall we say, fortuitous circumstances in which they won the other trophies. And besides which, does anybody really care about the Charity Shield or the Super Cup?
DES
10:43, Tue 5 Nov
Balti
DES
They were only eligible to win the Charity Shield and Super Cup because of the, shall we say, fortuitous circumstances in which they won the other trophies. And besides which, does anybody really care about the Charity Shield or the Super Cup?

YES! I would if we ever won them, I find it annoying when people desecrate trophies, League cup gave me greatest day of my Blues watching life and imagine if our Euro campaign had led to a europa final! WOW!
11:16, Tue 5 Nov
John_Smullen
Balti
...which one would it be?

In my lifetime, probably the defeat at Fulham in 2008. A win there would have kept us up, would have stopped all the subsequent oppoborium flying at G&S that ended up with them flogging the club to Yeung and I think we would have (relatively speaking) thrived from thereon.

Fulham, Maine rd 1975

Close thread.
Correct answer.
12:39, Tue 5 Nov
Surprised no one has mentioned Fulham at home in 2011, an absolutely inept performance knowing we had Spurs away on the final day. Foster nearly conceded from their goal kick in the first few minutes and Hangeland scored 2 from set pieces. I think we finished with 10 men after 4 injuries. Still hurts.
12:55, Tue 5 Nov
House of Costly
Surprised no one has mentioned Fulham at home in 2011, an absolutely inept performance knowing we had Spurs away on the final day. Foster nearly conceded from their goal kick in the first few minutes and Hangeland scored 2 from set pieces. I think we finished with 10 men after 4 injuries. Still hurts.
Recurring effing feeling with Fulham ain't it!
16:39, Thu 7 Nov
Definitely Fulham 1975. Agree it changed history. We were close to being a massive club. Kro
16:53, Thu 7 Nov
Southport Blue
Definitely Fulham 1975. Agree it changed history. We were close to being a massive club. Kro

We finished 17th that season. How were we close to being a massive club?
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
17:01, Thu 7 Nov
I’ve been kicked in the orchestra’s that often following blues they are a deep shade of purple and sticking out of my ears. But standing at Maine rd in the rain with my dad as a little kid thinking I was going to see my heroes in the FA cup final at Wembley, only for John Mitchell to rip out my little soul with a fluke goal in the last minute changed me forever.
DES
09:39, Fri 8 Nov
Super Hans
Southport Blue

We finished 17th that season. How were we close to being a massive club?

I can see why that is being said, we were only two seasons ahead of attracting average crowds of 326K, so winning the cup could well have sprung that upwards and most important we still Had Trevor, Kenny, & Joe as young men with their best years ahead!

KRO
09:44, Fri 8 Nov
Balti
House of Costly

And Fulham in 08 I think. Penultimate game of the season, we didn’t turn up and went into the final game against Blackburn relying on other results. It seems that Fulham and Preston contrive to eff up our season at every given opportunity
DES
09:59, Fri 8 Nov
David_Speedie
Balti
House of Costly

And Fulham in 08 I think. Penultimate game of the season, we didn’t turn up and went into the final game against Blackburn relying on other results. It seems that Fulham and Preston contrive to eff up our season at every given opportunity
I was at that game Quedre had an absolute Mare, and didnt Sully single him out for abuse afterr we got relegated?
Then following season he was brill in championship!

KRO