08:53, Mon 4 Nov
85Blue
Spurs 2011, would have needed a minor miracle with the wolves game mind, but Europe the following year with Prem money and pulling power would have been something

but that would probably have meant McLeish staying and drossball.

1968 FA Cup SF or 1975 FA Cup SF
08:54, Mon 4 Nov
dozens to choose from, but I'd go for the 2001 LC Final - took me weeks to get over.

Runner up spot goes to Watford in the play offs, gut wrenching.
09:07, Mon 4 Nov
Two 'biggies' that irked somewhat have already been mentioned VP in '68 & MR in '75, recent one that springs to mind was the quarter final defeat at home to Bolton in the cup when another day out at Wembley was beckoning - but the manager had other plans & shuffled the pack to try & save personnel to try & protect the league position - that went well .....
09:08, Mon 4 Nov
WorcsBlues
Two 'biggies' that irked somewhat have already been mentioned VP in '68 & MR in '75, recent one that springs to mind was the quarter final defeat at home to Bolton in the cup when another day out at Wembley was beckoning - but the manager had other plans & shuffled the pack to try & save personnel to try & protect the league position - that went well .....

That Bolton result always annoys me. Super Kev hit a banger to equalise and we still lost.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
09:21, Mon 4 Nov
Over my whole time as a Blues fan that would be the one.

In more recent times though, the 2011 PL game v Wolves where Craigy G got himself sent off stupidly. A win that day and we might never have got relegated and maybe a money bags owner would have bought-out Carson when the brown stuff starting hitting the fan for him.
09:26, Mon 4 Nov
I think it has to be the 1975 Fulham game. If we could have gone on to win the FA cup that year, I would like to think we could have kicked on to become at least one of the top ten sides back then. It was also a time when we were drawing some big crowds and who knows, where it could have led us.
Future wise, I don’t think we’ll ever be more than a 25000 average kind of side if we ever get back to the premier. Unfortunately we’re not a club that outsiders tend to like and I’d say 95% of our fan base is probably within a 15 mile radius of Brum.
09:28, Mon 4 Nov
Watford 86 FA Cup quarter final.
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
09:35, Mon 4 Nov
Home to FC Bruges in 2011-12
A win there & we were into the knockout rounds
Didn’t want that adventure to ever end
09:37, Mon 4 Nov
Scoobers
This will always feel like the Sliding Doors moment in my lifetime of supporting Blues

Same, would of changed everything if we had stayed up that year.
09:43, Mon 4 Nov
Would it have? Carson would've still been banged up and we wouldn't have been able to spend any money in the summer.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
mad
09:46, Mon 4 Nov
Zublue
I think it has to be the 1975 Fulham game. If we could have gone on to win the FA cup that year, I would like to think we could have kicked on to become at least one of the top ten sides back then. It was also a time when we were drawing some big crowds and who knows, where it could have led us.
Future wise, I don’t think we’ll ever be more than a 25000 average kind of side if we ever get back to the premier. Unfortunately we’re not a club that outsiders tend to like and I’d say 95% of our fan base is probably within a 15 mile radius of Brum.

Think you're right it's mostly family connections outside the 15 mile radius. To an extent this is also true of clubs like Newcastle but of course they draw from a much wider area and on top of that benefitted from being in the Prem in the trendy 1990's thus attracting soft Southerners, same with Vile.

The future is unwritten though.

What Blues need to do is engage as best as possible with the current wider east-Birmingham population (Brum, Solihull, Redditch). It's the age old conundrum that at present WBA on the other side of the urban area (Sandwell, Stourbridge, Bromsgrove) seem to have squared a bit better than Blues of late. If blues can do that, then they can be a fairly well supported club in a big city.

Comparisons are silly but in the North East our equivalent is Middlesbrough, in Manchester our equivalent is Bolton, in London our equivalent was always Chelsea or West Ham.

We could, however, be as big as Sunderland or Man City (perhaps not now) with our potential fanbase.

We will never now match Newcastle, Leeds or Spurs even though we were not far off those clubs in the past
Roj
09:56, Mon 4 Nov
fradge
John_Smullen
Balti
...which one would it be?

In my lifetime, probably the defeat at Fulham in 2008. A win there would have kept us up, would have stopped all the subsequent oppoborium flying at G&S that ended up with them flogging the club to Yeung and I think we would have (relatively speaking) thrived from thereon.

Fulham, Maine rd 1975

Close thread.

Is the correct answer.
09:56, Mon 4 Nov
Super Hans
Would it have? Carson would've still been banged up and we wouldn't have been able to spend any money in the summer.

We would of had more of a fighting chance of being put in the hands of somebody decent.
Roj
10:00, Mon 4 Nov
fradge
John_Smullen
Balti

In my lifetime, probably the defeat at Fulham in 2008. A win there would have kept us up, would have stopped all the subsequent oppoborium flying at G&S that ended up with them flogging the club to Yeung and I think we would have (relatively speaking) thrived from thereon.

Fulham, Maine rd 1975

Close thread.

Is the correct answer.

Correct everyone

The single most devastating result of my life.
10:09, Mon 4 Nov
John_Smullen
Balti

Fulham, Maine rd 1975

Close thread.
this end thread : god only knows what blues would have gone on to if we had won the cup that season with the team we had ,