07:58, Thu 7 Nov
There's been some belters on here.
This one not so outstanding but saved me on the day - we had decided to 'do' Snowdon on the MTB's - day before we'd done a big trail (Penmachno) and it was hovering around freezing and we got soaked with sleet and snow - then slept in what was little more than a feckin barn on a Welsh farm with one tiny heater and 10 blokes freezing wet clobber and sleeping on shit camp beds. Upshot was the worst preparation possible for the toughest day physically of my life.
So I'm halfway up the mountain, bike slung across my back (not a light bike either nearly 14kg full sus bike + all my gear as well - food, water, tools etc) and really, really struggling, the other lads were way ahead of me and tiny in the distance. Every step upwards was getting tougher and I was literally just about to give it neck and turn back down when I heard a brummie accent 'C'mon mate, you can do this - gotta Keep Right On!'.
Turned around and just behind me was a black lad, proper bouncy sort, full of energy - he's seen my Blues beany, same as his (it was March and snow on the ground) and being Blues he stuck with me, chatting about Blues and generally laughing and joking and geeing me up.
Got my second wind 'cos of him and ended up having the best experience ever on the bike. He'd disappeared by now and never saw him again rest of the day or indeed since, but one of those moments I won't forget - certainly didn't expect to bump into a fellow Blues fan halfway up a Welsh mountain. Saved the day for me!
DES
08:15, Thu 7 Nov
62, think this is best post on this thread!
You both lived up to our battle hymn and kept right on!
08:21, Thu 7 Nov
DES
Cheers DES not really though - it's not like it was Everest, in fact there were women and kids passing me on the walk to the top! 😁 It was hard carrying the kit and bike but only because of the terrible preparation - no sleep and too hard a ride the day before, but I deffo wouldn't have made the top without this lads help. Always hoped to spot him again but never did - if your'e reading this mate - still owe you a pint!
09:24, Thu 7 Nov
On a similar subject but refers to a Villa fan, I went to the Blues Villa game at home when we beat them 3 0 in 2002. I was going on holiday to Sri Lanka the next day with my ex and travelled down to Heathrow straight after the game. On getting off the plane in Sri Lanka I had my Blues top on and was still in celebratory mood after winning. We got on a minibus to the hotel with about 10 others and I could see one lad looking at my Blues top and saying oh no! I said what's up and he said guess who I support? He was a Villa fan! It was going to be a long 10 days for him!! As we got to the hotel the rooms weren't ready so we went to the bar and what was on the TV was the full Blues Villa game from the night before, which I reminded him of! He had a very long 10 days being reminded of the result. I brought out my full range of Blues top everywhere we went and for a Vila fan he was a decent lad. To be fair he took the stick well for the 10 days of our holiday. But what was the chance of me from South Wales being on a minibus in Sri Lanka with a Villa fan a day after we had beaten them 3 0 on the Monday night. I also went to watch England playing cricket when I was out there and I had my Blues top on in the game and a Blues fan I know who lived in Australia at the time texted me to say he was watching the cricket and couldn't believe he saw me on TV live as he was having his food!
09:45, Thu 7 Nov
Enjoying this thread.

Something similar, was in Gran canaria with the vile fan brother in law, anyway we had a late night session and ended up what was literally a underground garage that had been turned into a nightclub, god knows how we found it. Anyway got talking to this kid of course he had to be a vile fan, but the thing was he was the spitting image of Dean Saunders, well that set me up for the night i took the piss out of so much, even the brother in law was joining in.
To be fair the kid took it well to be honest.

The same holiday i was wearing the white away shirt, which looked for some reason a foreign/scandinavian shirt, two swedish guys came over and looked at the badge and both said together ah Birmingham city!! we know of them and some of our friends actually support them, well i used to know some swedish guys that used to come over occasionally, it was only their friends of the guys we used to see from Malmo.
This was a very long time ago.
11:59, Fri 8 Nov
Oddly just seen a teenager in a red Blues Ladies shirt in Byblos. I pointed at it and put my thumbs up. Scared the shit out of him.

My guide said 'he doesn't speak English, he's not normal'

Proper Blues in the making.
Revere me.
DES
12:01, Fri 8 Nov
Where is byblos Rev?
12:05, Fri 8 Nov
DES
Amazing you can navigate the internet to find us lot here but can't figure out a google search 😅
12:08, Fri 8 Nov
DES
DES
Where is byblos Rev?

Lebanon. One of the 100 odd cities that claims to be the oldest in the world!
Revere me.
12:25, Fri 8 Nov
We're everywhere

Bout 10 years ago I was with my football team taking part in a week long event in Washington DC in July! Decided to check out a Dc united game one of the nights, had a Blues shirt on (why not) had gone to get some food, walking aroudn stadium just enjoying the games, as they had the womens game on before, lovely day just food and relaxing and randomly someone behind shouts "bluenose"

Bloke had been living in america for a couple of years and we got chatting for half hour about blues. Swapped numbers, went out for a few bevvies before i left america.

Good fun
13:21, Fri 8 Nov
Playing 5 a side on a Monday night at Muswell Hill I saw a whole team in Blues shirts. They looked puzzled when I told them to Keep Right On, it turned out the shirts were the cheapest on offer and none of them had the slightest interest in Blues.
13:21, Fri 8 Nov
The Reverend
DES
Where is byblos Rev?

Lebanon. One of the 100 odd cities that claims to be the oldest in the world!

I used to have a few work trips to Lebanon in the 90's - loved the place. I saw a lot of the country at the weekends as Beirut was still a bit too destroyed to do too much there, but never actually made it to Byblos.

I'll wear my Blues top when I go back next!!