08:55, Tue 5 Nov
When I was in Gran Canaria we met and hung out with a couple from Sunderland. Proper Sunderland fan and a lovely bloke to be fair. Nice couple in general. We then got back to the hotel and a new family had moved in next to us, from Newcastle.

Rough as feck. Nice enough folk, chatty and what not but the bloke only had 3 teeth and two of them were in his pocket.
09:04, Tue 5 Nov
That's horrendous parenting.
09:18, Tue 5 Nov
Flagged down a Rickshaw in Delhi years back to find the driver was wearing the blues Flybe top.
09:38, Tue 5 Nov
Met one of the Swedish Blues in Kiruna at the top end of Sweden. It was purely by chance as he didn't even live there but was visiting his daughter - he had on his Blues badge and I had a Blues hoodie on and a few man hugs followed!
On a lads holiday for a few of our 21st's in Malia 2007. We walk into a random kebab shop on the strip one afternoon and the bloke behind the counter clocks our chains and tattoos and proceeds to start singing KRO. It turns out he was related to the family who had Pineapple Chippy by the Hazlewell years ago and he always keeps an eye out for our results. Sound bloke he was too.

Another time was in the Tavern Bar in Sharm back in 2009, I was aware the gaffer was Blues before I went but had never met him or indeed knew he was. Lo and behold I popped in there to watch us against Stoke, 0-0 if memory serves. I got speaking to the gaffer and we have many pals in common from Kings Heath and he even played football for my Grandad for Maypole in the 70's and knew my family.
11:42, Tue 5 Nov
Sweepover
Chris White (who laterly went on to play for us) used to drink in our local WMC Burntwood,he'd often be seen sporting his Gold Blues necklace.

I think he was at the Baggies at the time.

You sure it was Chris Whyte, he was a londoner, why did he follow blues amd be living in Burntwood 🤔
mad
12:10, Tue 5 Nov
Was in Oz for the Ashes in 2006. Between Adelaide and Perth tests there was a gap so our party split up some went to Uluru, some went to Kangaroo Island, I got a couple of cheap Virgin Blue flights to Melbourne and Sydney and back to watch some soccer.

Saw Melbourne v Sydney played in front of about 80'000 at Colonial Stadium biggest crowd ever over there or something. Awful 0-0 draw though.

Then flew to Sydney to watch Gosford Mariners v Perth Glory in hope of seeing Stan Lazaridis.

Walking around spotted a guy wearing a Blues top got chatting to him and took me over to sit with his family.

He'd never been to Brum. Visited London in the 1980's or something.

Reason he was Blues was cos when he was a kid his local youth football club had old Blues shirts sent over for his team to wear.

We found out Lazaridis was out of the game not playing so walked around to the dressing room doors to see if we could get autographs etc as the guy knew the stadium security well - it's more of a rugby league stadium - got a couple of things signed and shook hands

Watched game with the guy, had some beers in the Rugby League Social Club after the game and his family invited me back to stay with them the night instead of getting the late train back to my hostel in Sydney.

Great little Neighbours style cul-de-sac house with outdoor barby and fridge. Loads of Blues memorabilia plastered all over his house. Great guy. Next door neighbours from England too. Great night, of all the random items was a signed Dwight Yorke Blues shirt.

Caught up with him a couple times since but what a random thing...
12:36, Tue 5 Nov
Not exactly a Blues fan, but may be worth including:

I was on St Croix in the US Virgin Islands about 2003, having a beer by a swimming pool. This big black Cruzian bloke was sitting nearby. He heard me speak, realised I was English and started a conversation. He asked if I liked football and what team I supported. I told him it was a team he'd probably never heard of - Birmingham. He replied "Birmingham? Yeah, mon - I know Birmingham. That's the team where the hometown kid scored the penalty in the Final and the whole place went crazy. I saw it on TV".
When I was in universal Orlando July 2017 I came across multiple stickers plastered on walls, close to the universal rotating globe, lampposts,the toilets even, the stickers said"Birmingham Cuty s**t on the Villa". Then when I went to a shopping mall days later same stickers everywhere, just wondering if it was anyone who posts on here that stuck them on?
13:21, Tue 5 Nov
Septics. Probably thought it was a Chelsea top.
15:58, Tue 5 Nov
I went to play golf at Euro Disney and as we got to the caddy master a bloke from the back popped up and said these guys do not pay for anything, pointing at my World and Ball he said "I could not charge a fellow Blues fan"
Just because my opinion differs from yours, doesn't mean mine is wrong.
Dan
16:20, Tue 5 Nov
StechyBlue
When I was in Gran Canaria we met and hung out with a couple from Sunderland. Proper Sunderland fan and a lovely bloke to be fair. Nice couple in general. We then got back to the hotel and a new family had moved in next to us, from Newcastle.

Rough as feck. Nice enough folk, chatty and what not but the bloke only had 3 teeth and two of them were in his pocket.

This is completely unrelated to what this thread is about and also a really boring story.
16:53, Tue 5 Nov
Right.

I was lost in the middle of the Sahara desert, barely able to crawl when I saw on the horizon what I thought were 2 camels. I thought it must be a mirage but as they got closer I realised they were in fact dogs.

I was wearing the all-white with blue socks kit so I was amazed when the 2 dogs (Beau and Bella) recognised a fellow fan and guided me to safety.
16:56, Tue 5 Nov
Dan
Dan
StechyBlue

This is completely unrelated to what this thread is about and also a really boring story.

It's so irrelevant it makes me giggle a lot.
So monotonous. I love it.
17:32, Tue 5 Nov
The Reverend
Durham Blues
Living in London, I went to pompey on the coach from Victoria. There was lad drinking various cans of beer (looked like leftovers) in front of me on the coach. When we got off asked each other where the ground was. He was from Dublin and had followed Blues ever since the 4-3 at Anfield, even moved to England to get to all the matches. We went the pub opposite the station fora session and met a family Blues from Torquay. It was the one we won 1-3 in the late 80s.

You met a Blues fan on the way to a Blues match? Like totally random.

Yeah cos he was from Dublin, living in London, and I didn't anticipate meeting Blues fans on a coach from London. So it was random. Pedant