17:59, Tue 5 Nov
About 10 years ago me and mrs lodger went on a tour of the USA east coast, one night on spec we walked into a small town restaurant in Rhode Island, like the middle of nowhere, after we’d ordered our meals the chef came out from the open kitchen with the words “keep right on” he’d heard our accents, turns out he’d emigrated, married an American and we were the first brummies he’d met over there. He used to be a season ticket holder and from kings Norton originally. It daint even enter his head we’d be villa. In his words “you can just tell mate” on the same holiday I literally stepped off the train at Penn station New York and saw a geezer in a blues tracksuit top leaning on a pillar looking worse for wear, I shouted “KRO mate” he replied “Sotv” then sort of half fell asleep still standing up on this pillar. I’ve never felt prouder.
DB
18:13, Tue 5 Nov
😂 😂
The Usual Suspect
18:26, Tue 5 Nov
Guy came and sat next to me in Domodedovo airport in a Blues top a couple of days before Vile game about 15 years ago.
Met a Blues fan in the Grand Canyon during a helicopter tour last year.
Only Japanese Blues fan I saw in 7 years I saw last year, nearly pooed himself when I chased him pointing at his top.
Met a random Blues fan in a pub in Tokyo who was asking after work.
This bit down here is hardly worth reading.
18:30, Tue 5 Nov
Some time ago when I was working at a musical instrument repair shop in Tegucigalpa, a mean looking hombre walked in and asked if I could "polish his trumpet" for him. At first I politely declined, and as I pointed to the door, he noticed my Blues tattoo, which he then pointed at, and proceeded to chant "Viva Alan Campbell, Viva Bob Hatton, Viva Ray Martin" Somewhat taken aback I relented, and whilst I was giving his horn a quick buff, we got chatting and he explained that in the early 1970's, he was a young Chilean political refugee and initially came to London, but then ended up in Birmingham and loved the city. He then said that as the aforementioned players all sported fashionable (for the time)moustaches that were quite Latin American in style, he took a liking to Blues, and we have remained his favourite English team ever since.
I’d heard we had a big moustache following back in the day. Anyone with a moustache gravitated towards the blues, we were definitely the moustache team of choice. it’s one of the reasons I fell for my mrs. Her moustache twitching and blowing in a gentle breeze while she was standing under the ansells clock in her doc martens was irresistible.
18:41, Tue 5 Nov
DB
DB
😂 😂
Where you been. Get posting on the thread about me , yer bastard
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
19:43, Tue 5 Nov
I’d heard we had a big moustache following back in the day. Anyone with a moustache gravitated towards the blues, we were definitely the moustache team of choice. it’s one of the reasons I fell for my mrs. Her moustache twitching and blowing in a gentle breeze while she was standing under the ansells clock in her doc martens was irresistible.

Brilliant, I'm getting moist just picturing Mrs R 😂
19:51, Tue 5 Nov
Dan
I liked the story . Gew and play down yer own end
23:24, Tue 5 Nov
Pissed myself reading that, good job I'm on the bog at work.
Anyway, went to the local hotel for a social doo and two local cop's walk in for a coffee or something. Me being a bit the worse for wear went over, pointed at our crew and said "look out for that lot" (I thought I was funny).
Turns out one was a Scot and the other one Irish. The Irish one says which team, I says "Blues" , and he gets his phone out and gets this picture up of his dad with an Irish flag with the ball and globe in the middle at a blues game from a couple of weeks before.
I live in the Midwest of Western Australia, not many Blues round our end.
07:15, Wed 6 Nov
Whilst on patrol in Iraq in 2006 I seen an Iraqi kid in a blues shirt from the 90's (the one with the Rangers style badge), couldn't believe my eyes, was a real morale boost during tough times.
I'm guessing it was some sort of clothing donation
DES
07:35, Wed 6 Nov
Frankie, what a great post! I had forgotten that, but yes ray Martin Bob Hatton and alan Campbell all had moustaches back then!
Kro
Reading these reminded me of another one i wasn't directly involved in but had a very random fan in.

10 or so years ago walked into the office ( This was in Mid Wales) on a bright and breezy morning and one of my colleagues who had just returned from doing Route 66 came up to me and thanked me for stopping him getting arrested. WTF ?? Apparently while he was on route 66 he had his passport and all forms of ID nicked from his bike. He then got caught speeding and pulled over by the cops. On asking him for his ID - Got none its been stolen, he had a huge beard and was a big bloke and he could tell the cop was starting to get a bit twitchy. So he start asking him some questions - Where you from - England, - ok, where exactly ? - Birmingham - okkaaaayyy - Where exactly ? Selly Oak - Ahh Baggies fan are you? Now my mate knew nothing about football, lived in mid wales so had no local team to attach to, and all he knew was from me and a stoke fan constantly talking about it. But instead of saying no i don't follow football he said nah I'm a Blues fan. To which the cop replied - We're having a good season aren't we ? My mate just agreed and somehow bluffed he was through a quick conversation, as it turned out the cops dad was originally from brum and a bog fan. He told him to watch his speed and let him go on his way.
SHA's Resident Estate Agent
12:02, Wed 6 Nov
On the flipside of this, a client I spoke to last night from Savannah in deepest Georgia took great delight in telling me that her husband was from Tamworth and a dyed in the wool DVB. Ugh.
20:00, Wed 6 Nov
Once went Tunisia and en route to Colosseum, went through some right horrible dingy villages, proper third world, all men not a woman in site.

Then out of a local shop in the middle of nowhere, out pops a local in a blues shirt. Couldnt get my breath. Same shirt as stern john v villa.

Either got donated by charity or became an avid fan after Nafti turned blue.
23:12, Wed 6 Nov
Similar story. Went to do some voluntary work in Gambia. First day of work, digging a trench to lay a water supply pipe in, a local African bloke approaches me and says hello. He was wearing a Flybe vintage Blues shirt. I asked if he was a Blues fan and he said yes.
Next day he rocked up in a Celtic shirt. I'm guessing there must have been a bundle of football shirts donated 😁
That was liquid football!