17:00, Mon 2 Dec
Rail
3 from different eras:
Delton Francis (touted as being the new Trevor)
Paul Ivey
Eddie Newton

Eddie Newton was the strangest player I’ve ever seen. Had a peculiar way of kicking the ball. Seemed either unwilling or unable to kick the ball in the way other players did. Thought it may have had something to do with a previous injury. Couldn’t seem to generate any power whatsoever.
17:36, Mon 2 Dec
Paul Hart who broke hi leg on his debut against Plymouth Argyle one New Years Day. I can’t remember the year but I remember hearing the snap of his leg! 😱
Jiri Jarosik
Jesper gronkjaer
Johan djourou

All big names at the time, did nothing special
17:52, Mon 2 Dec
Curtis Woodhouse

Rowan Vine
17:53, Mon 2 Dec
Guy Moussi, played twice for us. Believe he didn’t take a salary and donated it all to charity (not that he was with us for very long but still a nice gesture)
Greg Halford
I'll raise you Mike O'Grady
18:21, Mon 2 Dec
Who was that ?Polish bloke who’s name was pronounced Bonk despite being spelt completely differently. Was never sure whether or not that was just a wind-up?
18:26, Mon 2 Dec
Lee Camp
DES
18:47, Mon 2 Dec
Rail
Here's one for the old boys.
Terry Twell.
Over to you Des.
phew! I’m struggling, but I will raise you Denis Isherwood!
Kro
19:01, Mon 2 Dec
DES
Alan Whitehead.
19:03, Mon 2 Dec
DES
DES
Rail
Here's one for the old boys.
Terry Twell.
Over to you Des.
phew! I’m struggling, but I will raise you Denis Isherwood!
Kro

Terry Twell, very average goalkeeper, late 60s. Only made a couple of appearances.
I remember Denis Isherwood.
19:06, Mon 2 Dec
Arek Bak. The a has a diacritic showing it is a nasal consonant, so indeed something like “bonk”.
19:29, Mon 2 Dec
Remember Tony Hey? Trevor Francis thought he might be the next big thing.

Nine matches for us in the late 90s.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Remember him? He should also feature in the “going in the home end” thread

We were in the North bank when we played there in the cup. He put us one up. My mate and I went up in the air, then thought “oh fexk” as you do.

Looked round to see if we had been spotted, there were about half a dozen doing the same thing.

We carried on cheering, nothing happened apart from the team getting a caning.
@Bluewurst1875
20:10, Mon 2 Dec
Gregory Vignal

Christopher Wreh

Lee Bradbury