13:55, Wed 4 Dec
No problem with this Pep done a decent job it could easily have gone very wrong.

Few on here saying Jude playing as a defensive midfielder, don’t see that he gets forward and gets chances. Perhaps he thinks himself this is his best position. Not so sure about the comments our midfield is easy to play against either.

The problem this season is we are short of goals. But even so we could easily have A few more points more than we have.
15:54, Wed 4 Dec
The quality of the football has improved - the midfield is better as is the back four.

The attacking force (????) is substantially worse.

Goalkeeping has not improved.

We still need an upgrade at goalkeeper and significant investment in proven goal scorers.
16:16, Wed 4 Dec
Blue in CT
The quality of the football has improved - the midfield is better as is the back four.

We still need an upgrade at goalkeeper and significant investment in proven goal scorers.

That latter isn’t Pep’s fault, tho.
16:19, Wed 4 Dec
David Xavis
Blue in CT

That latter isn’t Pep’s fault, tho.
Nor I’d say then, is the quality of footballer
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
16:19, Wed 4 Dec
You can't blame Pep on transfers, but with the options at his disposal we still shouldn't be the 3rd lowest scorers.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
17:24, Wed 4 Dec
I’m really not sure.

We have two target men and one half fit winger.

Three technical creative midfielders with nobody to pass to.

Hardly blessed with balanced options is he?
H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"

joderlos entrar en ellos!
17:28, Wed 4 Dec
Super Hans
You can't blame Pep on transfers, but with the options at his disposal we still shouldn't be the 3rd lowest scorers.

I’d say it’s a tactical sacrifice to ensure we don’t get pumped weekly.
19:17, Wed 4 Dec
How long can Jude, keep on playing for?

Regarding his age, he will surely need resting soon I should imagine.
19:21, Wed 4 Dec
Think he’s earned that big time. Club was in a mess at start of season and plenty forecasting relegation including bookies & he’s been primed to be the fall guy for last 5 months. Despite the lack of job security, has consistently come across as very measured, dignified & importantly proud to represent this club.
Monk’s verbal wobble might be a measure of how much he rated him as part of his team.
!Vamos Pep y poderoso Blues!
Chris
We've been on a poor run of form of late and have an important transfer window coming up - so my only question is: "why now?"
I suspect it’s because of said transfer window. What player of any standing is going to sign for a club with a “temporary “ manager in charge. Nowt to do with Monk...
00:20, Thu 5 Dec
The Fly
Chris
We've been on a poor run of form of late and have an important transfer window coming up - so my only question is: "why now?"
I suspect it’s because of said transfer window. What player of any standing is going to sign for a club with a “temporary “ manager in charge. Nowt to do with Monk...

It’s a decent point re the transfer window, but it doesn’t start for another month, and our recent results have been mediocre, so the timing is a bit strange. I do suspect that the Monk’s irreverent behaviour has been a significant factor.
I’ve been very supportive of Pep & Paco but, personally, I would have waited a little longer. Whilst there have been a lot of positives, tactics away from home are still an issue, as is (inter alia) the playing of Jude so deep.
07:38, Thu 5 Dec
Must admit I'm a bit surprised at how quickly Gary Gardner seems to have been dismissed by many on here as no good, is it this small time 'but he's a viler' cack?
I honestly think GG next to Sunjic and pushing Jude further forward would be a good move, like to see that.
09:03, Thu 5 Dec
bluemike
How long can Jude, keep on playing for?

Regarding his age, he will surely need resting soon I should imagine.

He seems to be going from strength to strength so I wouldn't worry too much about resting him.
Bluesince62
Must admit I'm a bit surprised at how quickly Gary Gardner seems to have been dismissed by many on here as no good, is it this small time 'but he's a viler' cack?
I honestly think GG next to Sunjic and pushing Jude further forward would be a good move, like to see that.

Yep, was a poor transfer but he's clearly not as crap as people make out on here. Because he launched it forward loads last season he's now crap, that's what he was told to bloody do.
09:40, Thu 5 Dec
Yes exactly. He's been injured but I'm glad he's available again - another option.