Re: Fran Villalba

DES
21:52, Tue 14 Jan
davenports
Super Hans
Going back through this thread the only mention of him not being ‘proper blues’ or that he doesn’t ‘gerrintoem’ is you.

It’s mostly people saying they think he’s a good player but clearly has some issues (homesick, lovesick etc.). That and people saying they’d love to shag his missus, which is I’m sure the one thing we can agree on.
Oh but I thought you said that DES had thought it as well. But "going back through this thread " ,rather like you have done , I can't find where he said anything about Villalba !!!!
No, couldn’t really give an opinion on him, but can wax lyrical about his better half!
Kro
22:00, Tue 14 Jan
Adszx
Pretty sure they still ‘own’ like 50% off him don’t they? Something stupid like that.

Oh... I forgot about that.

It's currently 25% of the Economic Rights that we have. We have option to pay money and increase it to 50% at end of season. So if he goes now then Valencia still have 75% of the Economic Rights. Not sure how it will all work?
22:04, Tue 14 Jan
B_C_F_C
Adszx
Pretty sure they still ‘own’ like 50% off him don’t they? Something stupid like that.

Oh... I forgot about that.

It's currently 25% of the Economic Rights that we have. We have option to pay money and increase it to 50% at end of season. So if he goes now then Valencia still have 75% of the Economic Rights. Not sure how it will all work?
Blimey, that is complicated. Maybe it would be easier to keep him and see if he,s any good ?
22:20, Tue 14 Jan
I’d like Villalba to stay he clearly has a lot of talent but it seems he isn’t even getting into our match day squad recently at all, peps must not happy with his performances or there’s other issues like fran & his missus feeling homesick.
22:23, Tue 14 Jan
He wants to go back to Spain.
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
Spike
I like Bela, he's a good signing.

He's got pace and strength, he's got some skills and stuff...but he's also very direct and effective.

He puts crosses in, he has shots, looks a goal threat, does this weird thing with free-kicks where he put them on or near the target instead of in the back of the stand.

You wait till Gardner senior's had a bit more time with him at Wast Hills - he'll soon be sticking it in the upper Tilton.
22:53, Tue 14 Jan
Adszx
Injured, or getting the Mrabti treatment?
Any idea what’s going on with him?

Punching well above his weight with his missus, posted a picture earlier of them sat in a car, she is one fine looking lady, lovely shape...like a old School Jaguar

Heard he is off to Almeria

I will miss his missus
Bela's About
Mental isn't it. The lad is excellent.

I assume he's homesick.

It's mental people think Mehrabti is more useful than Villalba.

I don't want anymore "we'll piss this league" comments from people who turn their backs on good technical players when we first sign them, just because they don't "track back" like Maghoma or "get stuck in" like Kieftenbeld. You get the team you deserve. Which is why we'll always be a mid-table Championship Club. Blues fans hate the idea of progression, of playing decent football with decent footballers.
Dong Ren Out.
06:45, Wed 15 Jan
Bela's About
Mental isn't it. The lad is excellent.

I assume he's homesick.

It's mental people think Mehrabti is more useful than Villalba.

I don't want anymore "we'll piss this league" comments from people who turn their backs on good technical players when we first sign them, just because they don't "track back" like Maghoma or "get stuck in" like Kieftenbeld. You get the team you deserve. Which is why we'll always be a mid-table Championship Club. Blues fans hate the idea of progression, of playing decent football with decent footballers.

I agree with what you are saying I think unfortunately because we appear to fail at every attempt of playing decent football by almost getting relegated and only then surviving by reverting bk to the old style of blues football most conclude that we’ll never be a pretty footballing side it’s almost in our DNA
07:48, Wed 15 Jan
Not tracking back is a valid criticism, let’s not pretend you can’t call a player out for it.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
08:39, Wed 15 Jan
Spike
Agreed yeah, I think our signings for this season have been good.

Which - and I think you said this on another thread? - makes it more disappointing that we are still not making progress. We should be doing better because we do actually have some good players.

I know it sounds ludicrous to say this but with the right leadership and 3 strong signings I think this squad is
capable of reaching the top 6.
09:56, Wed 15 Jan
To be honest I think Fran has put in a defensive shift in games, more so than other players - Maghoma or Montero for example. I don't want us to revert to Plan B of Davis, Kief, Maghoma type players because we will forever just tread water but as we all know we have been woeful time and again and having a structured plan to move to a better way of playing which will both make us more pleasing on the eye and actually give us half a chance of the playoffs.

I remember when we signed Tony Hey one season because we had a desire to play wing-backs which never happened and he disappeared with a whimper. Fran is in the same boat in that he does not have a position in the current set up which will play to his strengths. He isn't a winger and as a number 9 we have, which is the crazy thing recruited or have on our books a number of better options.

We can't afford to have a well paid and I presume reasonably transferable asset sat drinking cocktails on Broad Street whilst he is out the squad. If we can cash in now and use that straight away on a striker, centre half or Goalie then so be it.
10:07, Wed 15 Jan
I don't think that's ludicrous at all.
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
10:10, Wed 15 Jan
I like Villalaba, but if he's off, he's off, and as with any player that leaves Blues, I hope tha bastard thrives.

Despite the assertions that we are overstocked with fleet footed twinkle toed midfielders, his departure, if it happens, will leave us short. Montero is not the answer...wonderful cameos but injury prone and not to be trusted, and he's only here on loan. Maghoma has been OK last two games but history tells us he is not the answer as an attacking threat, all momentum ceases when he gets the ball.

I may be miscounting, but that only leaves us with Bela who is of sufficient quality and is robust enough to rely on.

I'm not counting Bellingham Crowley or Mrabti, coz I'm supposed to be effing working and cant be arsed
10:26, Wed 15 Jan
In cases like this i am reminded of what Rowett used to say about Reece Brown.

its not just about talent. its about how they apply themselves every day- whether that be in training or on match day. What intensity do they bring? How do they train? How dedicated are they to improving the weaker parts of their game etc etc

He is also a young kid who has moved countries to a very different culture and climate to what he is used too. Yes thats part of the job but it does happen that for some they just arent happy.

Its a shame as i think in terms of quality and talent hes definitely got something