19:02, Sat 11 Jan
the ferret
scouty
The question is... Do we need to replace Che or replace Juke.

The answer is that we need to replace Che because he doesn't play for us any more but we don't need to replace Juke because he is still with us and a bloody good job he is as well because we would be in the bottom 3 without him.

Juke is one one the best in the division at what he does and needs someone with a bit of pace alongside him a la Che last season.

Which forces us to play 442. Every game. It might not be the answer.
19:03, Sat 11 Jan
Smelly
scouty
Absolutely not Giminez. The question is... Do we need to replace Che or replace Juke. The answer gives us very different teams and styles of play. Can we play 442 and compete with the top 6?

As much as it pains me to say it, we replace Juke. That's if we're going to insist on trying to play Dongball.

This.
19:04, Sat 11 Jan
Absolute rubbish.
19:21, Sat 11 Jan
Finally someone else who sees things properly, can’t knock him being able to beat a 5,4 rb/lb at the back post to a header but his overall game kills the team week in week out, that’s why players like Crowley etc are dropped to be bench week in week out because our front man is not mobile in the slightest. Replacing che would have been a massive help but replacing juke would be even more of a help
19:28, Sat 11 Jan
Then surely the biggest problem is the manager/board playing a brand of football which we don’t have the players to play?
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
19:33, Sat 11 Jan
Yet we see glimpses of the fact we do have them players, Clarke salter is a ball playing centre half, josh mceachran is the ball playing centre mid we’ve been crying out for for years now, we have tricky players around the box in Crowley and Fran, a young talented ball winning box to box midfielder in Jude just the system can’t fit together when your front man is not mobile, can blame pep and the board for not signing the striker that fits the style of play there going for, but personally for me it’s clear to see juke doesn't fit this style and that’s why ‘dong ball’ doesn't work
19:39, Sat 11 Jan
Mickbcfc
Finally someone else who sees things properly, can’t knock him being able to beat a 5,4 rb/lb at the back post to a header but his overall game kills the team week in week out, that’s why players like Crowley etc are dropped to be bench week in week out because our front man is not mobile in the slightest. Replacing che would have been a massive help but replacing juke would be even more of a help
This.

Crowley has to bring the ball to a dead stop at the 25 yard line every time because his main target for a through ball has zero acceleration and an erratic first touch (with his feet). We tend to ignore this. Juke has terrible footwork. We can't keep playing with a one note striker and congratulate him each time he hits that one note while the whole rest of the melody isn't being played
19:49, Sat 11 Jan
remember this is the championship we are in and while you might get away with dongball against certain teams there are plenty where it will be an out and out battle.

up the juke.
"supporters should be patient a little while longer - sunshine days are just around the corner."
Ken Wheldon - March 18th 1988
20:01, Sat 11 Jan
I’m glad someone else sees it I was starting to think I just didn’t like him and that’s why I saw it, then you’ll have people moaning on here and around the ground at Crowley for stopping the ball and turning back a lot! That’s because he has zero options infront if him while juke is standing still with his back to goal. Desperate for striker willing to make a run towards goal and stretch the back 4
20:23, Sat 11 Jan
Are you seriously saying Crowley cannot pass to feet?
Jukes hold up play was fine today btw, until he was knackered after 70 odd minutes.
If he'd have played for them today, we'd have lost
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
20:26, Sat 11 Jan
This
A management team who may just not have a clue of how to utilize technical ability.
I just don't believe we have tried enough alternatives from with in the squad,why stick to the target man type of CF.
20:27, Sat 11 Jan
When he does it mainly gets stuck between his feet or passed straight back and he doesn't move to make anymore options, you cant honestly say that juke suits the style of play the team are trying to play?
20:29, Sat 11 Jan
This is a tricky one..with 9 goals to date Juke is actually exceeding his career average of 1 goal in 4.

Also you can't fault the man's effort or heart for the team.

But you'd have to be blind to football tactics to not see how he limits our attacking options, how he makes it hard for our creative midfielders to use their creativity, how it makes it hard for the forward play to hold the ball up for a bit to give the defence time to relax and recover.

We desperately need someone to play off him - and having tried Jimmy, Bela, Montero, Villalba, Crowley, Mags and Mrabti to little effect, we clearly don't have anyone on the squad that can do this, and desperately need to find someone if we're going to keep Juke and make progress
20:34, Sat 11 Jan
I’ve never questioned his heart and effort for the team, he’s been great over the years and without his goals since he’s been here we could have been in a different position to now

But as you said were crying out for someone else now, he’s a good back up option he shouldn’t no longer be our main man, if we wanna push on as a team

Need to get over this someone playing off juke and him winning flick ons when the rest of the team are trying to pass the ball around the floor, obvious for me we need a striker with good footwork and a lot more mobile
20:36, Sat 11 Jan
Mickbcfc
When he does it mainly gets stuck between his feet or passed straight back and he doesn't move to make anymore options, you cant honestly say that juke suits the style of play the team are trying to play?
What style of play is that?
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'